It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In the world of the liberal, "Tolerance" is only a word to be parroted and paraded, not a command to be practiced. Practicing tolerance is only meant for the opposition.

I think that about covers it.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

lol...ya... I'm not that fond of water, so I don't like being on islands...
I'm rather liberal on some issues, but not all issues.
and my firefox starts by bringing up drudge report. from there is goes to cnn, then to my local tv station, then to ATS...
where I read about how I am supposed to be as a liberal... and wonder??
am I really a liberal??
I've come to a conclusion myself....and here it is...
conservatives are compulsive when it comes to defining what me, as a liberal, am...
and half of their definition is very far off track!

they won the election, they can lighten up now!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'll make you a deal.

When every other piece I read on MSM sites like MSN and CNN stops putting me in the white supremacist category simply because I had the gaul to vote for Trump instead of their preferred candidate in Clinton, I'll lighten up, but until then, I just got done being called a racist every time I disagreed with something Obama said or did for eight years and now I am really, really going to be annoyed at being called a white supremacist for refusing to vote for the so-called prog Utopia this time around.

If they want my vote, they need a good candidate and they need to really give me logical reasons why their policies are good.

So far they haven't done that. Instead they've insulted me continually for not doing what they want.

As soon as they figure it out and stop trying to intimidate me and/or shame me into doing what they want, I'll lighten up some. And frankly, some of the posters on this site can be just as heavy handed in their approaches although I am not referring specifically to you.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And conservatives are more tolerant? Judging by conservative ATS posters the answer is most definitely no.

I recently saw a study that suggests conservatives are prone to have lower IQ's but I didn't bother posting it because it's a waste of time and I'm not looking to start a poop show.

Ah but you said it anyway, which probably means you think you are smarter because you're not a conservative. As it says in the bible, pride goeth before the fall(Proverbs 16:18), and we did see that in this election cycle.

link   

And conservatives are more tolerant? Judging by conservative ATS posters the answer is most definitely no.

I recently saw a study that suggests conservatives are prone to have lower IQ's but I didn't bother posting it because it's a waste of time and I'm not looking to start a poop show.

edit on 20-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Double post
edit on 20-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
this thread makes me smile.

It also reminds me that people are nuts.

ATS, don't change a thing, we love you just the way you are.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Ah but you said it anyway, which probably means you think you are smarter because you're not a conservative. As it says in the bible, pride goeth before the fall(Proverbs 16:18), and we did see that in this election cycle.

The good book also says "by this time he stinketh"... NT John 11:39

**shrug** Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

umm...
I don't read much off MSM, so can't say much as to what they have on their site...
but if 50% of what you are reading off of the CNN site is as you claim then you must be going onto their site specifically looking for that...
although, it's quite possible that there might occasionally be a story or two on it that is pointing out the fact that trump was supported by some white supremicists...
but guess what.... HE WAS!!!
it's a fact and I am sorry some just can't handle facts!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

**shrug** Just sayin'

Not real sure what bringing back Lazarus from the dead has to do with this but ok

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

**shrug** Just sayin'

Not real sure what bringing back Lazarus from the dead has to do with this but ok

I dont know either. It just popped in my head! We're scripturizin.. so I scripturized.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Lmao, reminds me of that Borat movie telling that women's group men's brains are larger than women's.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Yes, the study shows liberal women are the most easily offended/intolerant and conservative men, the most tolerant.

We already knew that though, this simply is more confirmation.

I don't know about you all but in my life experience, the most emotional and non objective people I've worked with and come across are liberal women. See it all over ATS too.

Of course, in our increasing emasculated society, more and more men are following their lead.

You mean like the Governor of NC who made an emergency session to waste tax payer money on a bathroom law nobody asked for. One that cost the state hundreds of millions in jobs and revanue. Then once he lost the election started taking power away from the Governors position to make the new Governor have to undue all of it?

People are people. Anybody who wears a party badge is intolerant. Use you mind. Don't follow leaders, watch you parking meters.
edit on 21-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

conservatives are more likely to post studies like that to make their group feel better about themselves, liberals don't want to start poop shows

Should i post the numerous links to threads on ats before the election and make your statement appear false or should we just chalk this up to everyone acts like aholes on the internet?

Im a trump supporter. I enjoyed every bit of salt thrown at us as i equally enjoyed dishing the salt out after the election. However some people took it in stride other Democrats are still living in fantasy land.

As a democrat you cannot claim your party isnt corrupted to the very core because we all witnessed it. As a democrat your party is no longer the moral high ground, It also isnt the intellectual power house most people have believed it was.

I dont state this to laugh or rub salt in most democrats wounds. Its simply a fact after this election that if your a democrat your not a highly evolved intellectual with high moral fiber simply because you like blue and vote for democrats as the media would like you to believe. I wrote this because you people need to wake up and shake off the false sense of superiority. We need democrats and they need republicans but we need them to work for all of us "Americans" not foriegn nationals not foriegn interests and not for programs or ideals that will realistically damage us as a nation. This isnt the time to blame republicans its time to rebuild your party and get rid of the propaganda machines. Its time to plan what your party will become. If you dont democrats wont win another election for a long time.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I would never date a trumper tho.

Because you're intolerant. And a bigot. You should become more intolerant of your own intolerance. Try another strategy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

that's funny, I've been on these boards just about every day for many years really....
never thought I was superior to anybody really, but some on these boards have given me the impression that they thought I was inferior....
and I'll give you a clue, they weren't democrats!!
bush had free reign in alot of his administration, and he managed to throw us so far right, we ended up in far left field.. and I have no doubt that if the democrats had free reign long enough, they'd throw us so far left, we'd end up in far right field, they may have done it in the obama administration...
our system of gov't works best when we have two parties, with opposing views, compromising and being forced to bend a little once in awhile...
since it seems that those two parties just can't seem to accomplish that feat anymore.. I plan on being busy building up a few more opposing parties to add to the mix... the leadership of both major parties can go take a nice long walk off a short pier for all I care!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A research company did a study to determine just who is more likely to delete and un-friend people that are politically triggering them.

Facebook was used as the medium.

They found Democrats (especially Democrat Women) to be more easily triggered than Republicans and Independents !!

I wonder why this is?

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant, more likely to delete someone off Facebook for their political views

“Nearly a quarter (24%) of Democrats say they blocked, unfriended or unfollowed someone after the presidential election, compared to just 9% of Republicans and 9% of Independents who were triggered to do the same.

Almost three in ten (30%) of Democratic women removed someone from their social network because of their political opinion.”

You said unfriendly and trigger in first sentence. The rest is bull#.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
To respond to the OP title...NO CRAP!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
To respond to the OP title...NO CRAP!

My exact sentiments..

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In all fairness, if their sample size was just this election, then it should be pointed out that Democrats did lose and thus had more negative feelings about it to begin with, so they would have been set up to be less tolerant.

You would also need to study what happens during a Democratic election year when presumably the prevailing emotions re reversed for a fairer picture.

This is an underrated post. I disagree with Ketsuko on most things but this time I agree with this.
The study is unintentionally biased and should not be taken seriously.
Count me as one of the liberals who have friendly debates with Republicans who support Trump and still be civil. I listen to them all the time.

Thank you Ketsuko for bringing this to our attention.

edit on 12/21/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join