It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

yeah...irrational loyalty to Don is ruining this country

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: imjack

my avatar is masculine?

Yes, your name "Jack" is masculine

I interpret it that way.

The point is it doesn't matter.
(In retrospect. I won't misaddress you purposefully in the future.)
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

lol, good thing this is the mud pit or we would get in trouble for drifting.

Do you like the movie Fantastic Planet? That is where my avatar is from.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I did an informal study of my Facebook feed and found that my conservative friends were 10,000% more likely to relentlessly flood Facebook with political memes, links to fake news stories and other annoying crap.

Being a considerate liberal, I do most of my triggering of conservatives in the ATS Mud Pit!
edit on 2016-12-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

lol, good thing this is the mud pit or we would get in trouble for drifting.

Do you like the movie Fantastic Planet? That is where my avatar is from.

No I haven't...It looks slightly creepy, thus my assumption. lol.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

yeah...irrational loyalty to Don is ruining this country

It is, along with anyone still confused why he won and why the left no longer looks like tolerance or progression when they offered up what they did.

Don't mind the DNC colluded against Bernie or that they colluded with CNN to prop up Trump so Hillary could "beat him".

Most people are sick of both of the parties and the lackluster candidates we get forced to choose from, so when you tie in rigging elections some of us get a sour taste and spite vote that party.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Not surprising.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am as well a considerate liberal and i do most of my ranting on here and also I have a "fake fb profile" where I view and partake in discussions on fake news boards.

I can concur that conservatives are 10,000% more likely to relentlessly post political memes and links to fake news stories.

True story: after the fake news talk came out, FB has add a "fake news" section to the complaining area and also has taken off the "share" button on many fake news sites.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

i recommend it

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I can honestly say that political opinions differing from my own have never led me to deleting somebody from social media. I have deleted Ex- girlfriends, Ravens fans, Bengals fans, people that think Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line are good music, and people that are very pushy in their religious beliefs, but never somebody for political beliefs.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I did an informal study of my Facebook feed and found that my conservative friends were 10,000% more likely to relentlessly flood Facebook with political memes, links to fake news stories and other annoying crap.

Being a considerate liberal, I do most of my triggering of conservatives in the ATS Mud Pit!

So you're saying people removed Trump supporters because they're annoying, not 'bigots'?

My gosh, what an extreme reaction, removing an annoying person from FB!

Seriously though, over a year ago I went through my "remove junk FB" phase. This includes anyone that thinks I added them for their personal blog of Music, Politics, Cooking, Marijuana Legalization, Military, and Business Opportunities.

If I understood how the ignore functions or wall worked, I might actually have more friends.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I recently saw a study that suggests conservatives are prone to have lower IQ's but I didn't bother posting it because it's a waste of time and I'm not looking to start a poop show.

It's a shame that the left wastes all that high IQ by judging everything based on their feelings.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Liberals are tolerant as long as you agree with them.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Very good.

That's living testimonial #2

Next.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Indigent

I know I do but conservatives ATS'er literally eat, sleep, and breathe this kind of crap.

So long story short, Facebook "liberals" are less tolerant of Facebook "conservatives" and unfriend them. OMG!!!! You know, based on this election and how Trump supporters have acted, and continue to act, I don't doubt they've lost Facebook friends.

OMG!!! BECAUSE FACEBOOK FRIENDS ARE SOO IMPORTANT!!!

Btw, I also saw a study about FB and FB friends. People have many many FB friends but really only confide in about 5-6 of said friends. So really, none of this matters but the OP loves to TRIGGER people because he needs a hug.

LMAO...so you admit you just got triggered? Slow down and take deep breaths.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I find with liberals that they are intolerant because they believe that their opinions are morally superior. As a result, they believe they can shut down any opposing viewpoint. You see this a lot at universities where they protest speakers that disagree with their positions. They don't believe it is a free speech issue because the speech being protested is so disagreeable that it should not be heard.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Study from 2012 now corrected to show liberals, not conservatives, more authoritarian
A correction to a frequently cited 2012 study has been issued, after researchers discovered they mixed up results purporting to show conservatives are more likely than liberals to exhibit behaviors linked to psychoticism, such as authoritarianism and tough-mindedness. In fact, the correction says, the opposite is true.

“Correlation not causation: the relationship between personality traits and political ideologies,” published in the American Journal of Social Science in 2012, initially found that social conservatives might be more genetically hardwired to exhibit psychotic behaviors than their socially liberal counterparts.

“In line with our expectations, [Psychoticism] (positively related to tough-mindedness and authoritarianism) is associated with social conservatism and conservative military attitudes,” the study said. The study also posited those who are socially liberal are more likely to possess behaviors associated with “Social Desirability,” or the desire to get along with others, than those who are socially conservative.

But in an erratum issued by the journal, first reported by Retraction Watch, the authors said those two findings were “exactly reversed.”

Poorer conservatives more generous than wealthy liberals – new study
Less well-off families from red states donate a relatively higher – and growing – proportion of their money to charity, while those at the top have been giving a smaller share as their income has increased, a new extensive study has revealed.

Respected non-government sector newspaper The Philanthropy Chronicle collated the itemized charity deductions on the tax returns of hundreds of millions of Americans between 2006 and 2012, the latest year available. While only about a third of all givers write off their charity expenses, the sums included about 80 percent of all donations in the country.

The study noted that while the amount of charitable giving by the US as a nation has remained steady at 3 percent, the poorer people are, the greater amount they spend on charity. And this trend has been exacerbated in the years covered by the study, which showed that those earning $25,000 or less contributed 16.6 percent more of their income, while those with incomes of over $200,000 were spending 4.5 percent less of their money on charity in 2012 than in 2006. The study does not give the countrywide overall percentage of money donated by each group.

Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.

edit on 20-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think I am the most intolerant, I unfriended facebook awhile back...

ya see... I don't care weather you are a conservative or a liberal... I have to say that most of the crap that is posted is just a waste of time for me to read...
not to mention always having to wonder just who the heck my "friends" are and where they came from??

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I find with liberals that they are intolerant because they believe that their opinions are morally superior. As a result, they believe they can shut down any opposing viewpoint. You see this a lot at universities where they protest speakers that disagree with their positions. They don't believe it is a free speech issue because the speech being protested is so disagreeable that it should not be heard.

That is the crux.

For them, it isn't an issue of simply disagreeing. They've upped it to a moral issue. You are not allowed to disagree with them because what you and I view as simple disagreement is to them actually immoral. We can't talk about traditional marriage because man/woman marriage is immoral, not just a simple disagreement. We can't talk about being pro-life because that's not a simple disagreement, it's immoral to them to talk about an unborn baby as human with a right to life. We can't talk about being color blind in a nation of laws because again, the idea that the laws are somehow not inherently racist and that one's color is not embedded in one's experience of life is immoral.

These aren't simple difference of opinion now. The left has made them moral/immoral arguments in order to claim and permanent supposed high ground and to never have to intellectually have to deal with any opposition to their own points of view. So they label those who disagree as hateful, bigoted, intolerant and what all else they can think of instead through the convenient vehicle of attempting to paint this as pure morality.

It makes their ideology perilously close to a religion with its own purity tests.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Your Echo Chamber is Destroying Democracy | WIRED
On November 7, 2016, the day before the US election, I compared the number of social media followers, website performance, and Google search statistics of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. I was shocked when the data revealed the extent of Trump’s popularity. He had more followers across all social platforms and his posts had much higher engagement rates. I noticed that the second most popular article shared on social media in the last six months with words “Donald Trump” in the headline, “Why I’m Voting For Donald Trump”, had been shared 1.5 million times. Yet that story never made it into my Facebook newsfeed. I asked many of my liberal New York friends, and they all said they never seen it.

The global village that was once the internet was has been replaced by digital islands of isolation that are drifting further apart each day. From your Facebook feed to your Google Search, as your experience online grows increasingly personalized, the internet’s islands keep getting more segregated and sound proofed. The internet that helped elect Barack Obama in 2008 and was used during Arab spring in 2011 is different from the internet that led to Brexit and the election of Donald Trump.

According to Pew Research, 61 percent of millennials use Facebook as their primary source for news about politics and government, but Facebook refuses to acknowledge its identity as a news source. Rather, it maintains its focus on boosting ad serving volume and engagement rates.[/url]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join