It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Super liberal woman here: never unfriended anyone on Facebook - ever.

My mom's a liberal woman too, and she's never unfriended anyone either - however, she HAS been unfriended by one of her conservative friends because she debunked her friend's hoax claim.

Just sayin'.

We have one living testimonial.

Any others ?

link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: CriticalStinker

sigh....some people don't know what bigotry is...and its usually those people who are the bigots

Bask in your ignorance. Bask in it!!!!

link   
a reply to: imjack

I like the sound of the word, though not the connotation. I'm sorry to inform you that you're failing your mission. You're being played

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Meh. I am just getting older and don't want to waste any more time on morons.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I like the sound of the word, though not the connotation. I'm sorry to inform you that you're failing your mission. You're being played

You obviously don't know how it works, I shall spare you.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

sigh....some people don't know what bigotry is...and its usually those people who are the bigots

Bask in your ignorance. Bask in it!!!!

Lol...i believe this, considering that he displays intolerance for viewpoints differing from his own. Textbook example of bigotry

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sorry to hear you failed. Take care and Merry Christmas! (so close)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

The intolerance of any viewpoint other than yours (is bigotry) . I have supported candidates from both sides of the spectrum. So I think I know how to spot it.

Blanket stating a whole ideology is bigots is proof bigotry is on both sides. There are definitely some bigots on the right, but saying all are is ludicrous.

One of my buddies dad is a huge conservative, who travels the world helping people in other countries in need.

Say there are some, fine, say they all are bigoted , and you sir are the bigot.
edit on 20-12-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I NEVER said all are, if you really read my posts and not cherry pick then you would see that.

i have many trumtopian friends that are not bigots, some are cool as hell. I would never date a trumper tho.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Snowflakes can't be tolerant, it's not in their University training to be so. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about this right now.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I mean, to be fair, he is right, he said most bigots are conservatives, not most conservatives are bigots.

Take that as you will I guess.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

originally posted by: olaru12
I thought there were rules in the T&C about creating baiting and trolling threads. I suppose the "NEW ATS" has nullified all that.

Never mind....

Then you need to review what the Political Mud Pit forum is for and it's rules.

If this thread had been started outside of the Mud Pit, it would have been trashed, no question about it, just like your post would have been removed for being Off Topic.

But this is the Political Mud Pit forum.

Here, try reviewing what the Mud Pit forum is for.

I didn't notice. It seems like ATS has turned into one Yugggggeeee Mudpit, believe me. People have told me, it's really really a mudpit everywhere, very very very muddy, it's amazing, that's what people say. When you're rich you can grab their muddy.....well you know.
edit on 20-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I NEVER said all are, if you really read my posts and not cherry pick then you would see that.

i have many trumtopian friends that are not bigots, some are cool as hell. I would never date a trumper tho.

I've dated and admired many a woman I differed vastly ideologically with.

I don't have to agree to admire someone living life with conviction and passion so long as they do it with grace and kindness (most of the time
they can be bad every once in a while).

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Eh, I disagree, I'd say bigotry happens in the same density from most large groups of people.

Alot of the people who make statements like that don't have a diverse circle around them. I do, I run into few bigots, but the ones I do represent many walks of life and schools of thoughts. Usually it is ignorance or fear that is the source of that, something anyone in any group can have.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Eh, I disagree, I'd say bigotry happens in the same density from most large groups of people.

Alot of the people who make statements like that don't have a diverse circle around them. I do, I run into few bigots, but the ones I do represent many walks of life and schools of thoughts. Usually it is ignorance or fear that is the source of that, something anyone in any group can have.

I meant he's right, that you baselessy accused him of calling conservatives bigots. That's not what he said.

I don't actually agree with what he said.
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

to me, your political affiliation is a huge part of your moral backbone. I do believe that is why so many marriages end in divorce bc there is no shared moral backbone.

Political affiliation should be important when choosing a mate.

sorry about thread drift

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

errr

edit on 20-12-2016 by veracity because: i don't care

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

am i being called a "he" again?

why?

my name is even feminine.

I go by the avatar.

I'm a she too, hope "Jack" doesn't make the internet disingenuous enough.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

my avatar is masculine?

Yes, your name "Jack" is masculine

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

That's your belief, i am very opinionated across the board, so picking one of two ideologies doesn't make sense to me.

Forgive me, I get some people see no party loyalty as some kind of indicator and maybe it is. But in my mind the problem in this country is irrational loyalty, say what you will but these two candidates were garbage to me. That is only possible because people are so willing to defend their party no matter what, letting the country suffer while they are boasting their loyalty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join