It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A research company did a study to determine just who is more likely to delete and un-friend people that are politically triggering them.

Facebook was used as the medium.

They found Democrats (especially Democrat Women) to be more easily triggered than Republicans and Independents !!

I wonder why this is?

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant, more likely to delete someone off Facebook for their political views

“Nearly a quarter (24%) of Democrats say they blocked, unfriended or unfollowed someone after the presidential election, compared to just 9% of Republicans and 9% of Independents who were triggered to do the same.

Almost three in ten (30%) of Democratic women removed someone from their social network because of their political opinion.”

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I thought that the word Liberal sort of meant intolerant. They want to change things, usually without considering the real reason conservatives made the rules in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In all fairness, if their sample size was just this election, then it should be pointed out that Democrats did lose and thus had more negative feelings about it to begin with, so they would have been set up to be less tolerant.

You would also need to study what happens during a Democratic election year when presumably the prevailing emotions re reversed for a fairer picture.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

you betcha libs were quicker in deleting their idiot blabbering, threatening fb friends this election.

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Yes, the study shows liberal women are the most easily offended/intolerant and conservative men, the most tolerant.

We already knew that though, this simply is more confirmation.

I don't know about you all but in my life experience, the most emotional and non objective people I've worked with and come across are liberal women. See it all over ATS too.

Of course, in our increasing emasculated society, more and more men are following their lead.
edit on 20-12-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

And conservatives are more tolerant? Judging by conservative ATS posters the answer is most definitely no.

I recently saw a study that suggests conservatives are prone to have lower IQ's but I didn't bother posting it because it's a waste of time and I'm not looking to start a poop show.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
My blood relative, Democrat, Gay cousin threatened numerous times to unfriend anyone voting for Trump because they were (insert Progressive adjective(s) here). After a small discussion about rights of voting and civic duty we haven't talked but were still FB friends.

I occasionally wonder if he means to kill me someday!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That I can believe without a doubt!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Case in point about the negative feelings.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

And conservatives are more tolerant? Judging by conservative ATS posters the answer is most definitely no.

I recently saw a study that suggests conservatives are prone to have lower IQ's but I didn't bother posting it because it's a waste of time and I'm not looking to start a poop show.

conservatives are more likely to post studies like that to make their group feel better about themselves, liberals don't want to start poop shows
edit on 20-12-2016 by veracity because: 2

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

conservatives are more likely to post studies like to make their group feel better about themselves, liberals don't want to start poop shows

ATS determined that is a lie!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I thought there were rules in the T&C about creating baiting and trolling threads. I suppose the "NEW ATS" has nullified all that.

Never mind....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I think that IQ thing was what led to some real smear efforts that got some people in big trouble here.

Something about the Amygdala Syndrome.

Lots of defects were pointed out.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Super liberal woman here: never unfriended anyone on Facebook - ever.

My mom's a liberal woman too, and she's never unfriended anyone either - however, she HAS been unfriended by one of her conservative friends because she debunked her friend's hoax claim.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Study proves that liberals are less tolerant

Thems fightin' words.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He's just doing his job...

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
, liberals don't want to start poop shows

... no, they want to star in them.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Swills

Case in point about the negative feelings.

Funny enough, I'm not a liberal. Also funny, conservatives LOVE to piss people off and then are surprised when they perceive people are pissed at them. Must have something to do with lower IQ's or something.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Except all you ever post on this site is a "poop show". You only ever attack conservatives.
edit on 20-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join