It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump National Security Adviser Met With Leader Of Party Founded By Nazis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Did our future National security advisor meet with klansmen too?

Martin, not sure why that's even a defense? This is the instance I'm interested in, how could any one possibly think it's a good idea to meet with a former nazi?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
a reply to: Martin75

FYI the pix of Robert Byrd in Klan garb is a hoax
Wiki

A photograph purportedly showing former Senator Robert Byrd in Klan robes has been digitally manipulated.

Say snopes......he has a very long history of KKK.
Wiki

In the early 1940s, Byrd recruited 150 of his friends and associates to create a new chapter of the Ku Klux Klan in Sophia, West Virginia.[12][13]

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "Suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did."[19] Byrd became a recruiter and leader of his chapter.[13] When it came time to elect the top officer (Exalted Cyclops) in the local Klan unit, Byrd won unanimously.[13]

In December 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore G. Bilbo:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

— Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944[13][20]

edit on 12/20/2016 by Martin75 because: Forgot link

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

But what's that got to do with NSA meeting this guy? Do you think that it is OK and a good idea to speak with a former nazi?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

“This is not just any opposition party: It is one with Nazi sympathies,” said Daniel Serwer, a former state department official who’s now a professor at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University. “Nor is Flynn any national security adviser. He is a documented conspiracy propagator. His long-term strategy colleague, Steve Bannon, is an ethnic nationalist and anti-Semite. The president-elect is an anti-Muslim and anti-immigration bigot.”

I just can't take this extreme bias seriously is all. Maybe they were talking about gold and grandkids, we don't know.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So that doesn't answer my question, no external quotes needed, is it a a good idea that you support that our NSA meets with a nazi- sympathizer, supporter, former, neo (pick your flavour)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sure. Communication is a good thing, no? What was discussed? What context were they meeting under?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was responding to Swills that the republicans didn't start the KKK.....then responded to desert. Byrd was a POS up until the day he died! That is all I am pointing out. We need to speak the truth if it is going to be spoken.

(post by LifeMode removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Meah, I agree on Byrd, but am NEVER going to be partisan-blind to ignore the wrong doing of 'my side' when it comes up.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Interesting and ewwww came to mind when I read your reply. Just checking I didn't misread your post, You think it's ok for our future government representative to meet with a Nazi-faux/foxy/former/neo/closet

Ewwwww,

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Zazz if we didn't talk to countries that we didn't like their views....we wouldn't do much talking I'm afraid.

In the 2013 legislative election the FPÖ won 20.5% of the vote and, more recently, it came ahead either of the SPÖ or the ÖVP in some state elections, entered in a SPÖ-led government in Burgenland and gained more than 30% of the vote in Vienna. Finally, in the 2016 presidential election, FPÖ member Norbert Hofer won the first round, receiving 35.1%, but was narrowly defeated by Green Party's candidate Alexander Van der Bellen, 49.7% against 50.3%, in the run-off. However, on 1 July 2016, the results were invalidated by the Constitutional Court of Austria due to possible procedural irregularities, after an appeal by the party's leader, Heinz-Christian Strache.[14] The party lost again on 4 December, this time by a larger margin of 7%.[15]

Reading the Freedom Party of Austria's wiki it sounds like Trump's security advisor was speaking to a political party leader.

ETA: the Byrd that started this thread is not telling the full truth.....fake news

edit on 12/20/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

He is, why is that a priority for him? an opposition party at that....this the first question I asked.
Second is, is it ok to meet a Nazi?

People thinks its ok, I am surprised at that.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Interesting and ewwww came to mind when I read your reply. Just checking I didn't misread your post, You think it's ok for our future government representative to meet with a Nazi-faux/foxy/former/neo/closet

Ewwwww,

See, your extrapolating on a false premise. Ex-Nazis is what the article claimed them to be. I don't know who this Austrian far right party is about and I don't really have time to devote to checking it out.

America has allies who molest and rape boys and order our troops to look the other way. This seems like small potatoes at the moment.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The Afghan issue has horrified me for a long time, it is gross too, subjective if it is grosser than Nazis back in power for some.

I'm not extrapolating a false premise, if you don't know about the far right party doesn't that mean you are defending a premise you are not sure of? Wouldn't it be better to look into it and then ask yourself the questions of their motives, rather than jump straight to defense?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I can't answer that. We don't know why they met or what they discussed. If you read he won the first election but then lost in a run off, not exactly a nobody.

Political parties change...he assumed office in 1997, were they Nazi's then?

edit on 12/20/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If I'm defending anything it's diplomacy. Given there is no content or context to the meeting neither of us can say one way or another.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
Democrats founded the kkk.
Plus trump met black leaders, white leaders, white power leaders, has the support of the black panthers.
hes a uniter.

If I could personally hand you a award, I would.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think it is a very well known premise of his former/closeted Nazi affiliations. Interesting read if you are up for it, can be frustrating also if you had any ancestral victims of Nazis (not sure of your history my friend)
I think it is OK to ask of our government, 'why are you meeting XYZ', and stating to our government 'we are not ok with Nazis' I would hope the latter is a majority concept in the freedom loving United states.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Go ON! admit it
you told me I was defending a false premise, and stated at the same time you nothing about it

Diplomacy is great, but I am suspect if this is diplomacy, hence my question "Why is this meeting with a opposition party a priority?"

I think asking that question is a VERY healthy thing of a citizen told do, given the mans history.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join