It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV NEWS new ad/piece NEW YEARS resolutions for White Guys

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
MTV??? What is this thing you call "MTV"???

I remember once in college I sat in the student union (as another member here seems to have at some point as well) with a small crowd. It was late. The evening was the night of July 31, 1981, or morning August 1, 1981. The time was 12:01am. We were all awaiting the debut of a new phenomenon which would become known as Music Television, or "MTV". After a brief (now classic) intro jingle, along with some brief pictures of the space shuttle launching and the historic launch of the Apollo 11 mission, the song Video Killed the Radio Star, by a group known as the "Buggles" played.

I think many of us stayed up way past our "bedtime" that night. (to the extent that such a concept even exists in college)

Surely this thing you call "MTV" is not even remotely the same thing as the phenomenon I witnessed that night back in 1981.

My how times have changed!

edit on 12/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

im actually starting to like the white male devil sjw narrative.

just walk around like you eat the souls of minority groups

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ohhhh Noooooooo
Another attack on the white man!!!!!!!
How dare they try to make jokes!!!!!
Don't they know that the white man
will post this on the internet and cry over it!!!!!
For people that call everyone and anything a snowflake...
a lot of you sure do act like delicate pedals on a dying flower.

DEY TOOK YER YOBS!!!!!!!!!
MURICA!!!!

JDmOKI
"im actually starting to like the white male devil sjw narrative.

just walk around like you eat the souls of minority groups "

That's pretty fracking funny.

edit on 21-12-2016 by MagicCow because: THIS THREAD IS GLP CERTIFIED.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
And on just a bit of a nostalgic note, in 2004 the Buggles played that same tune (for the first time in 25 years) for Prince Charles among others. The kind of cool thing about this video is, it features all of the original band members including the two original backup singer girls...

(It's worth a look)

With a legacy like that, MTV should be ASHAMED of themselves!

edit on 12/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is one of the most juvenile and ridiculous things I've seen in a long time. MTV has become extremely pathetic.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
White guys are going to get tired of all this nonsense really fast. It's only a matter of time before they push back.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

yeah this nonsense is just creating racists where none existed before, just like people say that bombing villages in the middle east creates more terrorist,this kind of stuff creates more racists.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

The problem is instead of getting reactionary or becoming the menace white males are portrayed as, most of them are simply checking out of society. There was a (virtual) space of internet and gaming they could leave to.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As a black professional I see a lot of white privilege in the office environment. I just laugh because brains always wins in the long run. Someone is always going to have the upper hand or the inside track. So what I just strive every day to be the best I can. Anyway I have more privilege than some white guys!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join