It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Canadas Supreme Court Overturns Conviction for Masturbating in Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Daryl Clark, of Nanaimo, BC, has had his conviction for willfully committing an indecent act in a public place overturned by the Supreme Court. In October 2000, Clark was arrested after his neighbours spotted him masturbating in his living room and called police. He was originally sentenced to 4 months in prison.

www.cbc.ca
More than four years ago, neighbours in an apartment about 30 metres from Clark's home looked through his window and saw him touching himself. They called the police.

When officers arrived, they shone a flashlight at the house and Clark jumped back from the window, turning off the lights.

In the court's judgment, it said the police officers could see Clark "from about maybe the neck or the shoulders up" when they were on the street.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After I stopped laughing, I thought about this. This man was in the privacy of his own home, doing what seems to come natural for men. And the privacy of your own home should be just that.

OK, so he may have forgotten to pull the blinds, but do you stare into your neighbours windows to spy on them? 30 metres is quite a distance, to be able to spot this type of activity.

I'm glad his conviction was overturned. The humiliation of being the guy that got arrested for masturbating in his living room might just be punishment enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
lol, one pervert watching another pervert, maybe the neighbours have a fetish for uniforms....
Wonder how they construed that a living room is a public place???

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does George Michael have a place in Canada?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Maybe the neighbor man caught his wife looking and was jealous of this mans size?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

lol, one pervert watching another pervert, maybe the neighbours have a fetish for uniforms....
Wonder how they construed that a living room is a public place???

Pervert? Ah come on into reality. Like the old saying is; There are 2 kinds of men. Those that masturbate and those that lie about it.

I don't see how the guy could be guilty of masturbating. If it was a crime there would be no men left free. And imagine going to prison and some bank robber or murderer or rapist saying what are you in for. Then you shyly have to say' ummmm Masturbating.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Canada's Supreme Court Overturns Conviction for Masturbating in Home

Whew!!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
30 metres is quite a distance, to be able to spot this type of activity.

30 meters is not quite a distance! It's only about 100ft.!

Good grief! I can thump a bugger that distance!

Besides, if the man had neighbors that close and he was indecent, he should be put in jail for exposing himself, even though he was in his own residence!

I can't imagine how people live within 30 meters of each other! My closest neighbor is about 1000 meters and I still think that's too close!

EDIT: BTW, why is this type of news on the TerrorAnalysis forum anyway?

[edit on 27/1/05 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Intelearthling,

This might be a silly question, but what exactly are you doing when you 'thump a bugger'? I have a feeling what you meant and what I'm thinking are two completely different things.

I don't think he realized his neighbours could see him. Personally, instead of calling the police, I would have gotten everyone I could on short notice to stand under his window, to give him a large round of applause for a 'stand-up' performance.
Then maybe next time, he would close the curtains.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As Pierre Elliot Trudeau said so eloquently...the state has no business in the bedrooms (livingrooms) of the nation. Whether one is alone or with company.

I guess its an understatement to say this is a "whacked" out story.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That guy should be ashamed of himself. I wonder if his mother ever had any children that lived? He had better stop doing that perverted act before it makes him go blind.!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If thats illegal, the whole of the male population of Canada over 14 deserves to be in prison!

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
you cant stop people pushing the line of stupidity.but on a serious note we need be happy that touching yourshelf is not a bad thing.back in the days of king aurther that was not allowed at all.but of course raping women back then was ok and normal.flukemol.....

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Flukemol, it is better to soill your seed in the belly of a whore then on the ground, according to the bible, so rape was ok as long as it didn't hit the ground.

Anyways, 100 feet is a hell of a ways, people only have 20/20 at best, how the hell did they see this? Binoculars? I can't see what a person is doing 100 feet away, well, 94feet or whatever 90meters turns into(since it is a little longer then 3feet, have to add that extra what? half inch everytime?) Oh well, it was in his own home, soi if I go around looking into peoples windows and I see someone taking a shower can I send them to jail for indecent exposure? Hmmmm, thats not a bad idea, "Give me money or I'll send you to jail for indecent exposure." Wait, this is America, they would probably give him/her the death penalty for it, I could become rich going around and looking into other people's windows. See how stupid that sounds? So if I spy on you and you are having sex with your wife/husband/whatever I can call the cops on you for indecent exposure?

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The woman moved to another room for a better view, then called her husband. The pair watched Clark for up to 15 minutes from the privacy of their darkened bedroom.

The court found they took care to avoid being seen by Clark, peering out from underneath their partially lowered blinds. Later, the woman's husband fetched a pair of binoculars and a telescope. He also tried, unsuccessfully, to videotape Clark in action, says the judgment.

Sounds like the pair who had him charged should have been the ones arrested. They seem to have made a real effort to see what he was doing, and even tried to videotape him. What a waste of my tax money

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
EDIT: BTW, why is this type of news on the TerrorAnalysis forum anyway?

The answer to that is simple, the guy is obviously a W@nker of Mass Distraction

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of a time some years when my office building was beside an apartment building. It was a most unsual office building with balconies where a flower bed was part of the architecture, so there were also doors that allowed access to the balconies.

One day someone noticed a naked man cooking in his apartment directly across from our floor. He was quite handsome, and physically fit, so the news of this quickly went around the office and within a few minutes all of the women were enjoying the show. Even the men when they heard about it came to take a look.

Well someone had the bright idea to let this fellow know just how much he was being enjoyed and so a number ofwomen took a sheet of paper and in huge black letters wrote on it "10" walked out onto the balcony and held it up.

It caught his eye, and he moved toward the window which we interpreted as his going to close the blinds out of embarrassment. In fact what he did was picked up a chair, moved it to the window, stood on it and began to pose. That took care of that, the tide had turned and the women ran back into the office.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
thank goodness my computer faces a wall, not a window

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Also, 90 meters! The is almost a FOOTBALL FIELD! Not 100feet, but 100yards! No way you could see them unless you were using a freaking pair of binoculars. IDK why I didn't catch that before.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
thank goodness my computer faces a wall, not a window

Yeah but then they can see what youre looking at on your montor!

Either way, Im sure they will know what youre doing.

top topics

join