It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racially Motivated Cafeteria brawl breaks out at Central High School in Md 3-Hospitalized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There was a racially motivated attack in the highschool. The story said that the black students attacked the Hispanic students. There were 3 hospitalized. There were some parents wondering where the security was. I wonder where the parents were. The video is a stomp fest but mostly windmill swings and a lot of misses.

Oh the school has a diversity officer, $$$ to the property taxes. Seems like the diversity officer is doing a real bang up job.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What, no claim about Trump supporters starting it?!?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Right before the newscaster said they slowed the video down and found three staff members trying to intervene, I noticed one or two myself and my first though was that these poor staff members would probably be sued and risk losing their job if they put hands on any students.
Personally I would risk my job to ensure the safety of the kids, but the thought had to be running through their minds.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Bunch of good kids. I don't know what happened? Where was (expensive) security? How did it so out of hand?
These are the questions from the parents in the video.

I ask where were the parents. I knew for sure what exactly would have happened to me if I pulled what looked like a riot at school. It wouldn't have been pretty.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ramona jr. high in Chino Ca. 70 - 72 every Friday at the dance.
Whites and Chicano's and they used the steel chairs. And screwdrivers
from time to time. 7th and 8th graders and they were serious.
Not every dance, but more than not.
Nut'n new here.
edit on Rpm122016v36201600000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Oh man could you imagine if the staff started to dot some I's and cross some tee's. I bet the riot would have been a lot shorter.

But these "kids" are so fragile and delicate. Then the parents would act like the kids were being kids. I would have never ha the guts to pull something like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I blame the white man for that haha.

Any disruption to someone's education should be dealt with by expelling these idiots. Just like BLM stopping people from attending class they should be expelled.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If its white students attacking black students, this would be national headline.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Impossible! It's only racial if whites are involved!! Blacks and Hispanics are not capable of racist thoughts due to them being the usual victims says the collage professor and snowflakes

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wait a minute, minorities CANT be racist!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
There was a racially motivated attack in the highschool. The story said that the black students attacked the Hispanic students.

Hands up if you breathed a sigh of relief when you read that white people weren't a part of it.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
diversity officer LOL.

I have no idea what's its like to be in a school with lots of minorities though so I'll listen. I am guessing it is a different world.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Why are they concerned about no security? Shouldn't they be concerned that their kids obviously got some issues with race? IMO that's the real concern. You wouldn't need security if your kids could behave.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Are you saying that there would be different reaction in the media?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I blame the parents. How many of these kids you want to figure never got a good spanking when they were growing up?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I think the parental component can't be ignored. This is very dangerous. Luckily no one was seriously hurt, and no real weapons were used.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Meh, as a local who grew up around there, I'm not surprised. PG county is a silly place. Racism is a huge problem. I'm white and (as the minority) was treated terribly and physically attacked on multiple occasions. It isn't a great area to begin with either.

While the parental component can't be ignored, you can't ignore the area either. I had great parents (and they were tough, too - I know quite a bit about spankings) but I got into a lot of trouble while I lived there. I felt threatened constantly and felt the need to act tough so people would leave me alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JustAnObservation

Rough areas are tough. And it sounds like this isn't 100% unexpected. The instigators are expelled, but I wonder what the cause if friction was? Or is this just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is one of the many reasons why you need police officers in schools today. I've broken up many fights when I was a high school teacher. I fell over desks trying to break them up, and had my head kicked while breaking up two girls fighting. Some fights in our school have caused some older male teachers to pull-out their backs. Some have even been physically assaulted. I've even watched teens wrestle with school cops!

Even when there's police present in the school, they can't get there quick enough to prevent teens from causing real harm to the other student. So teachers have no choice but to intervene. I guess the current policy now is teachers are to buzz the office and stay out of it altogether. It's not part of the teacher's contract to break up fights and the liability for the district is just too great. What's sad is some of these teens are just too violent and they don't think of the consequences if they critically injure a student. I always found it difficult to stand-by and watch a kid getting the crap beat out of them. Some of these teens weigh close to 300lbs! Now if the teacher intervenes they're guilty and if they don't come to the aid of the student getting beat-up they're guilty.

With all the school shootings going on, gang related fighting, more girls engaging in physical fighting, students who have criminal records and in-school parole officers, students disrespecting and threatening teachers, there's simply no strict student consequences for violence, disrespect, or poor behavior. It's just not your typical high school of yester years.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
time to discriminate against black and latinos, put them back in their place

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join