It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook plans to give Snopes.com staff behind the scenes access to user profiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Facebook plans to give Snopes.com staff behind the scenes access to user profiles

...an unnamed Facebook employee has recently come forth stating that Facebook now plans to use Machine Learning Algorithms to directly target conservative pages and individual users to filter out any posts that they deem to be “false.” The anonymous whistleblower also revealed that some Snopes.com staff members may be given behind-the-scenes access to Facebook user profiles. This means that Snopes staff members may be given the ability to view, edit, or remove user posts and ban users from using the social media website as they see fit.

If true, this is the dumbest thing I've heard FB do.

For the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would remain on that platform.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Facebook is so retarded.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If FaceBook is using Snopes as a source to determine what is fake then no one is going to ever know the truth.
Snopes has their own agenda.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Not to mention that Snopes themselves have been debunked several times, on this board alone.

Guess it's about time to permanently deactivate that account. Wish they had a way to actually delete the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I read somewhere Snopes is just another CIA OP.

wouldn't surprise me they hooked up, they're both retarded.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The question is, why are these big media platforms suddenly so obsessed with controlling the narrative and filtering information to it's users? It's Orwellian as #.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

And lets not forget who owns the lions share of screwed up book: Goldman Sachs
edit on 20-12-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
DELETE FACEBOOK........PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Sheesh people....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

So says a blog/news aggregator? Kind of ironic.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Who did this anonymous Facebook whistleblower come forth to?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's sad, but we are to the point potential employers may overlook people that don't have a facebook page. They assume candidates have something to hide if there is no facebook presence.

Personally, facebook is about contacts. Not a news or political site.

Still, they should not to be allowed to define reality or news.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If facebook wanted to be fair, it would limit all political views and activism.

Wonder what hands up don't shoot rates?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
We need an alternative facebook.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I can't wait for the stories to come forward !!

Rubbing hands feverishly.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
It's sad, but we are to the point potential employers may overlook people that don't have a facebook page. They assume candidates have something to hide if there is no facebook presence.

Personally, facebook is about contacts. Not a news or political site.

Still, they should not to be allowed to define reality or news.

Any employer who used FaceBook as a criteria for potential employment is not a place that I would want to work.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm glad i never opened up an account with FB, it's become a Monster and it's growing faster than the black death.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If FaceBook is using Snopes as a source to determine what is fake then no one is going to ever know the truth.
Snopes has their own agenda.

But that's the whole point...they want you to know their truth.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

And mutiple other sources like zero hedge, infowars, breitbart, etc etc have also been debunked on this board alone too.

Time to deactivate them too! Or do they get a free pass for being wrong, while snopes don't?

If so, who has an agenda here???

edit on 20/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: BlueAjah

Not to mention that Snopes themselves have been debunked several times, on this board alone.

Guess it's about time to permanently deactivate that account. Wish they had a way to actually delete the whole thing.

I wouldn't trust them if they claimed they did delete the whole thing. But I deactivated my account about a week ago after I found out what kind of crazy crap they were pulling.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
We need an alternative facebook.

I am sure they will be coming out the woodwork. Big problem is I won't trust them anymore than I trust FB or the rest of them now. It has all been a con game from the very beginning, but at least they had the decency to hide their contempt.

This in your face, blatant disregard is totally unacceptable, but I am not angry with them. I am grateful they gave me just the nudge I needed to do the disconnect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join