It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama used ‘red phone’ to warn Russia not to meddle in US election

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I guess O thinks Putin is batman.

Where the reality is Obama is the Joker.

Hey, if you supply a writer and a teleprompter.....
Obama could be The Riddler!
edit on b000000312016-12-20T15:13:06-06:0003America/ChicagoTue, 20 Dec 2016 15:13:06 -0600300000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Come december 31st.

I am supplying myself with a snipload of alcohol to celebrate the end of the legion of doom.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Obama: "Joe, this is the last draw. Putin can't rig international elections. That's our job."

Biden: "Do it boss. Use the red phone to let him know you're pissed."

Obama: "Yeah Joe. Great idea. I'm going to tell him how it is."

**Ring Ring**

Putin: "Hello?"

Obama: "Hey Putty Pue Putin. How are you today."

Putin: "Why are you bothering me Barry."

Obama: "Welllllllllll...I heard through my second cousins boyfriend who is dating this girl who knows a guy at the FBI, and he said Russia was hacking computers on American soil. Soooooo...I know it's probably not true, but just in case I wanted to give you a ring-a-ling."

**Click**

Joe: "Wow boss. That was amazing!"

Obama: "Shut up Joe."

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

edit on 20-12-2016 by RiptKeys because: Accidental double post

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No one any where in the media, the Kremlin, Washington or
Gotham city could be serious with these kind a shenanigans.
They serve up this excrement because of a lack of consequence.
They gotta be roll'n just think'n it up. Then they get a second round
when they see who woofs it down like it's cake and ice cream.
Then they call that a win win.

What a bunch of assholes!

edit on Rpm122016v50201600000038 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I guess I'm still missing the whole point. if you put it in perspective...

Democrats are upset at the Russians for unethically influencing an election . . .

. . . by hacking DNC emails that show the DNC was unethically influencing an election.

Am I missing something?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale

Democrats are upset at the Russians for unethically influencing an election . . .

. . . by hacking DNC emails that show the DNC was unethically influencing an election.

Am I missing something?

Well, yeah, kinda....

What you said above is essentially okay, but you left something out...

If the story in the OP's video is true, the president used a device (the "Red Phone") which is reserved for ONE purpose and one purpose ONLY...to avert NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST and the APOLCALYPSE!

Minor detail, but you left that little detail out. /extreme sarcasm

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The whole thing is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

SSDT here in Germany, Russians meddling with every selection and yadayada...

Putin's Propaganda Machine Is Meddling With European Elections

Crippled by sanctions but funding propaganda everywhere, right. Like eating the cake while having it, innit?

Can't be them, must be the Russians. A nasty WW3 might be the last bastion of hope for a few scumbags, that's perfectly understandable. Let 'em have at it! This world full of Walking Reads behind their smartphones, who really buy the party-line hook, line and sinker, deserves nothing less than a good old dystopia without WiFi but lotta radiation for free.
Who are we to get in their way and possibly risk with our actions, that this virus called humanity spreads into the rest of the sun-system or further?

Have a great ride and bombs away!

edit on 20-12-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Obama can stuff it. When has he not meddled in something in the past few years. The guy is on his way out, soon he'll be nothing but a bad tasted in my mouth, the useless schmuck.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How do I star×100 this? Lol!!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ring-Ring Hello...KFC can we take your order please?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

More like 'ring ring'

OBAMA: Putin you aren't allowed to meddle in our Elections anymore or else!
KREMLIN: Piss off we don't care about your Elections.
OBAMA: How dare you speak to me that way, Im Godlike amongst many Snowflakes here and around the globe!
KREMLIN: (The extreme laughter of 10,000 Grizzlies)
OBAMA: Everyone can Identify with me, I'm awesome unlike you, know what I mean?
KREMLIN: Nyet! Piss off.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: GreyScale

Am I missing something?

Well, yeah, kinda....

What you said above is essentially okay, but you left something out...

If the story in the OP's video is true, the president used a device (the "Red Phone") which is reserved for ONE purpose and one purpose ONLY...to avert NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST and the APOLCALYPSE!

Minor detail, but you left that little detail out. /extreme sarcasm

I left the detail out because it didn't matter. There never was and isn't now a ~red phone~.

There has been a way for the two governments to communicate since August 30, 1963. It originally was a wire telegraph circuit that connected the Kremlin to the Pentagon. The Pentagon which has remained home to the “hotline” ever since.

It has been upgraded since, of course.

The “red phone” became part of the presidential campaign of 1984—not once, but twice. To raise doubts in voters’ minds of the readiness of Sen. Gary Hart to be chief executive, Walter Mondale’s campaign ran a commercial stating, “The most awesome, powerful responsibility in the world lies in the hand that picks up this phone.”

Later that year, as the Democratic nominee, Mondale and his team made a sly allusion to Ronald Reagan being in his 70s by featuring the fictional device ringing (and glowing) repeatedly while a narrator intones, “There will be no time to wake a president—computers will take control.” A member of Mondale’s advertising team, Roy Spence, revived the red phone tactic in an ad for Hillary Clinton during her primary battle with then-Senator Barack Obama. As with Mondale’s efforts, this one wasn’t enough either.

But there may soon come a time when the hotline may not be necessary. During a 2010 joint press conference with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, President Obama joked that Twitter had replaced the hotline, “We may be able to finally throw away those red phones that have been sitting around for so long.”

So I guess Obama accurately predicted that Trump was going to be the "Twitter In Charge".

However, it is NOT a red phone sitting there for the sole purpose of avoiding mutually assured destruction between our two countries. It is merely a way for the two heads of state to communicate privately.

Sorry if I like details. Chatting in PM with someone else is what happened. They probably didn't discuss bombing each other or .. what was your term... the Apocalypse?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ShatteredKingdom

Nah, that call is way shorter in my head.

O: They say you've rigged the elections!!!
P: With my private funds possibly, you kidding? I can merely afford to rig mine!!!
*click*

Wait a second... the politburo calls for more propaganda to spread.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, that settles it then, eh? If the Big O told him not to do it, obviously he didn't do it, so why are the msm bots still screeching about the interference by the Russians? Don't they know that the world stands at attention and salutes when Big O speaks. Vlad shivers in his boots to think what could happen if he displeased the Bama and Chelle.

Oh wait....the source of this story was NBC? errr, nevermind.

I'm waiting for one of their sources to tell them that Vlad personally took a flight to DC and shot the Democrat operative.

edit on 20-12-2016 by diggindirt because: spelling

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
but where is Reldra? this is right up her ally.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Shorter is even better, agreed.
Translated into Russian in my head would be much more authentic and exciting though, don't you agree?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Geesh! If Russia wanted to meddle with Europe, they would just shut off the gas. It's winter and people would be doing what they wanted in no time.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The "red phone" is a myth, no such thing according to intelligence officials.

Anyone who claims that the color of the phone matters when making a high priority call isn't to be taken seriously.
edit on 20-12-2016 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join