It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Sons Behind Nonprofit Selling Access To President-Elect Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Trump's son is offering access to the new Pres during inauguration weekend. But not for free, there needs to be million $ donations to unnamed charities. This is according to interviews and doc reviewed by the CFPI.

Sounds familiar doesn't it? I can't say this is the same thing, they are getting quite a bit for their money. That million $ donation would take an average worker in the US 20 years to earn.

A new Texas nonprofit led by Donald Trump’s grown sons is offering access to the freshly-minted president during inauguration weekend — all in exchange for million-dollar donations to unnamed “conservation” charities, according to interviews and documents reviewed by the Center for Public Integrity.

May never find out who donated. What does their money buy? The inauguration, private reception, and photo opportunity for 16 guests, multi day hunting/fishing trip with Trump and or Eric Trump and team and tickets to other events.

And the donors’ identities may never be known.

Prospective million-dollar donors to the “Opening Day 2017” event — slated for Jan. 21, the day after inauguration, at Washington, D.C.’s Walter E. Washington Convention Center — receive a “private reception and photo opportunity for 16 guests with President Donald J. Trump,” a “multi-day hunting and/or fishing excursion for 4 guests with Donald Trump, Jr. and/or Eric Trump, and team,” as well as tickets to other events and “autographed guitars by an Opening Day 2017 performer.”
www.mintpressnews.com...
edit on 20-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I saw a post the other day about Hillary and how much money she wasted on her election and what better ways that money could have been spent (such as helping the American people).

I wonder if that same principle applies here, too?

... Who am I kidding, of course it doesn't.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
I am hopeful of Trump's presidency, but I will hold his feet to the fire just as I would if 'ol cross eyes where elected.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

And?

What did you expect? Did you expect something remotely new from the incoming administration?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I can't say if this is the same thing as the Clinton's pay to play. We will have to see what is actually going on here. Of course there is the question if there would be any swaying of Trump's opinions and direction.

We will see and I will be actively looking for info about Trump being influenced like this.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

If it does apply then I would imagine that the Donald would want to take advantage of the system just like Hillary .Now come next election cycle it may turn out that the Donald was only a one term Pres . By then he may have had a big wind fall with some of the other business deals he gets during that term .same old same old ..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
From the source:

Kinzie also said the information in the brochure posted by TMZ.com was not entirely accurate — he did not specify what was incorrect — and he added that the participation of Trump family members is not confirmed.

Guess we will have to wait for more details and honestly I'd take anything TMZ has to say with a huge grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Good to know that Trump has turned out to be just like every other politician; going back on promises, hiring billionaires and CEO's to his cabinet, and now throwing a celebration where only rich people are allowed.

Doesn't seem like anything is going to change once he gets into office, just the same ol same ol so far.
edit on 12/20/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Before we throw the baby out with the bath water, let's go over some things that have been done.

Nafta- Mexico want to talk----may very well play into the wall being built
Nafta- Canada wants to talk
Carrier-jobs saved
IBM-25,000 job coming
No lobbying jobs after working for his admin---that is huge
he call the other politicians out, and it is vicious and real
countries around the world want to work with the Trump admin
Ford is will to talk to Trump admin about jobs

That is off the top of my head. I don't like the $ in politics, but we are adults and realize it is there, lets see if Trump lets it effect his decisions.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

How much does an inauguration cost? And who pays for what?

Inaugurations are expensive. Really, really expensive.

The peaceful transfer of power comes with a massive price tag: When all the bills are added up, the 2017 celebration will cost an estimated $175 million to $200 million. That total includes the official parties and dinners, the concert, the swearing-in at the Capitol, the parade, the inaugural balls and all the police, military and security personnel required to keep everyone safe.

About $70 million will come from private donations, and the taxpayers will foot the rest of the bill.

This process happens every four years, and every time, critics cry about the extravagance and excess. The truth is that both parties, Republicans and Democrats, spend about the same amount for the quadrennial celebration when adjusted for inflation.

Although, I don't disagree it seems like a big waste of money.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hillary is suspected of doling out govt money and giving favors to other countries. Not the same as trump inviting people to a very public event.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Im against this kind of thing but its nothing new, in my mind its like buying backstage passes to a concert but I could be wrong.

To the OP I gotta say much respect
I know your pro Trump but the fact it was you and not the usual rabid anti trump crowd who posted this shows your not a brainless Trump lover.

Your credibility just went up in my book

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Money is how these people rate success, not by how it is acquired, like most of the Investor Class, they do not care.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sorry, hunting and fishing are not a public events.

This is $ for direct access to the most powerful man in the planet. Make no mistake I am not saying this is going to sway the Trumpinator, but it smells bad to me at least.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Trump's son is offering access to the new Pres during inauguration weekend. But not for free, there needs to be million $ donations to unnamed charities. This is according to interviews and doc reviewed by the CFPI.

Make a buck. Make a buck.

That was the comment from the Janitor in Macy's to Kris Kringle in the Xmas movie "Miracle on 34th Street".

Donald won the lottery, now his whole family can collect the proceeds.

Make a buck. Make a buck.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
moral of the story, if other administrations did it, its ok for Trump and co to do it.

but Trump is different from the rest of politicians and the swamp etc and the system and that money will go to charities and help local unions across america while a foreign banker creates 50,000 jobs in America [#lol] after we build a wall across the border and make another country pay for it while disarming ISIS and freeing ourselves from foreign oil with the help of an oil tycoon at the helm.

True story.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Save your mini rant til the Trumpster at least has a good 6 months or a year to implode.

You are really showing that you refuse to be objective. What's the use of reading things if your mind is already made up?

moral of the story, if other administrations did it, its ok for Trump and co to do it.

but Trump is different from the rest of politicians and the swamp etc and the system and that money will go to charities and help local unions across america while a foreign banker creates 50,000 jobs in America [#lol] after we build a wall across the border and make another country pay for it while disarming ISIS and freeing ourselves from foreign oil with the help of an oil tycoon at the helm.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Thank you, if you are a die in the wool Repub, and will defend this guy to the death no matter what, what's the use?

We need to change this big crap filled diaper that the last 4 pres have kicked down the road.

I swore I saw Obama put his running shoes on the other day, that guy can't wait to get the F out of the WH. He thought he would go in there and kick ass, but when he arrived 8 long years ago he had not one foot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join