It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Racism From Bill Clinton?:Trump Knows how to get angry, white men to vote for him

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Well, Clinton may have a point. Trump ran a campaign and used rhetoric similar to that of George Wallace. He used religion and racially-sensitive issues to appeal to the "silent majority", which is white folks.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Was there a valid reason to mention the "religion and racially-sensitive issues"?

And do you have a source for the religious rhetoric that you are quoting?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, Clinton may have a point. Trump ran a campaign and used rhetoric similar to that of George Wallace. He used religion and racially-sensitive issues to appeal to the "silent majority", which is white folks.

Well, the majority where I live (Maine) is most definitely trump hating white folks, who all happen to live in the cities that get unfair representation with our E.C. folks...
but I can't say I know what most other states look like.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Was there a valid reason to mention the "religion and racially-sensitive issues"?

Reason for whom to mention it?

And do you have a source for the religious rhetoric that you are quoting?

Donald J. Trump is calling for a complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on

"But for Muslims specifically, how do you actually get them registered in a database?" the reporter asks. Trump responds: "It would be just good management. What you have to do is good management procedures and we can do that." He also responds to a question about going to mosques to "sign these people up." "Different places, you sign them up at different, but it’s all about management, our country has no management," Trump says.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

As much as I agree with Clinton about what he said, Trump's return burn was pretty spot-on, as well.

"He doesn't know much. Especially how to get people, even with an unlimited budget, out to vote in the vital swing states". That might have been the best burn Trump has ever come up with. Kind of got some points with me with that one.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It sounds like Trump is making the same mistake that too many others around the internet is making.

I have been around the internet since the mid to late 80s. It used to be that most people posted comments when they had an exceptionally bad experience or an unusually good experience. People today think they have to post every detail of their day. We are the first to scream about invasions of our privacy, then we go out of our way, to post every minute detail of our lives to the entire world.

These same people skirt over those same boring and ridiculous posts, including pictures of every meal and trip to the bathroom, can't pass the mirror without sending the selfie to show the world just how gorgeous I am, even if it is just in my own mind.

Personally, I have zero interest in the mundane details of the life of a stranger. As much as I love my friends and family, I have zero interest in what they ate for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I think we have reached the point of overkill. We spend way too much time oversharing. We spend little to no time listening, devaluing everything we send and receive. Communication is lost, nothing is special or worth sharing, and it all becomes nothing more than narcissistic chatter.

Trump, along with many of us, needs some down time. He needs to a unplug.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Bill Clinton on his 18th birthday,,, Ya mean I'm gonna stay this color??? ( The Jerk)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well if you guys want to be honest he does know how to get angry white men to vote for him. Whats the big deal?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Oh man another one,, after a night with Monica,,, Mom I found my special purpose!!! ( same movie)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Is the calling to properly screen people coming into the country from known terrorist countries a bad idea?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The only reason it is OK is because it was a generalization of white men. Any other ethnicity and all hell breaks loose.

How about you be a little honest?

Well if you guys want to be honest he does know how to get angry white men to vote for him. Whats the big deal?
a reply to: Jahari

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Moreover, what are these white men supposed to be angry about? The inference is, of course, white men can only be angry when it's about race or a woman running for president.

Complete dribble.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I've got no problem with the angry white guy meme. White men created every successful western civilization only to have their utopias forcibly taken from them by non angry white men. If this was a different time these angry white men would be going from city to city taking out the trash. But because of modernization we are now forced to pacify our instinct and emotion by first voting for the change we want. You should hope the political domain does not fail us angry white men as if you had such issues with step one you will definently not like step two.
edit on 20-12-2016 by JWallyUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Very true, I think the list of grievances that all Americans have is long and yes very angering.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JWallyUSA

We are forced to vote just as we are forced to be civil.

I think a majority of Americans are angry but some can't put their finger on it.
I think it stems from trickle down econ that never really worked, and this has allowed a huge amount of $ to go to the upper class instead of giving the rest of the "worker drones" a much needed raise.
edit on 20-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

We are forced to vote just as we are forced to be civil.

I think a majority of Americans are angry but some can't put their finger on it.
I think it stems from trickle down econ that never really worked, and this has allowed a huge amount of $ to go to the upper class instead of giving the rest of the "worker drones" a much needed raise.

I think we voted for the most anti establishment person as a means to an end. If that fails to rectify the situation we can try something else. We are forced to do nothing allowed under the laws of physics. And there's nothing to put a finger on because it would require the hands of many. I live in nice big city suburb home of the angry white man and trust me it's tinderbox of people sick of losers running the show. For anyone who disagrees run a few iterations of black lives matter marching through nice suburb see how that goes.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

True, the rioters and pot stirrers stay clear of the areas like suburbs/country.

The reason is that the suburbanites/and delightful country folks are for sure going to make the style of "free speech" that is in vogue now impossible to achieve, one way or the other. The rioters would not burn homes, schools or businesses without painful reminders of the 2nd amendment and it's liberal application.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton knows how to make white man angry enough to vote against her.

The truth is that white males voted for DJ Trump at the same rate they voted for both McCain and Romney.

But they voted for Hillary 12% less than they had for O'bama.

THAT is statistically significant. Trumps support from white males (happy and otherwise) was typical for a Republican candidate. Hillary FAILED to net the usual democrat whites (read: unionized workers).

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Thank goodness for the white dems.

I like the DJ Trump reference, I will be taking that.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Its like he cant understand he should be ashamed.

Of course he cannot understand. He is a psychopath.

I rest my case

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join