It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian diplomat is shot dead at his home in Moscow hours after the assassination of ambassador

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
The wife was also a russian spy and killed her assigned target

Do you have a link for that? I'm interested in fact checking the story.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

Who was Petr Polshikov?
Petr Polshikov, 56, was said to be a high ranking Russian diplomat.
Polshikov was reported to be a senior figure in the Latin American department of the Russian foreign ministry.
Some reports have said that the diplomat had left the Foreign Ministry but it was unclear if he worked for any other branch of the Russian government.
He is said to have previously served at the Russian embassy in Bolivia.

Very strange that a "high ranking" Diplomat would be so "unknown"...

Sounds like a Russian spook? Loose end? Double agent?

Terrorist attacks need drama and an audience..Like the Turkey killing of the Russian Ambassador.

This was an assassin putting two bullets in his head while he slept and his wife was there...and walking out and getting away.

This looks like a hit...More so since no one knows what "other agency" he was working for?

He obviously had Latin American language skills being a former diplomat there?

But I can't find out ANYTHING about him before this article??

On the Latin American angle....Cuba? With the change in leadership there, maybe he was exposed as a Double Agent?
Equador?...Fake credentials as a Latin American diplomat? Would that give him free passage to the Equadorian Embassy where Assange is holed up?...Could this guy be the one that told the CIA that Putin was directly involved? Putin tying up loose ends?

Any which way..interesting...

I found what I think is his Son who lives in NYC...He is from Russia, works for an investment based in Sao Paulo, Brazil and his profile says this:

Portfolio Manager - Offshore Multi-Asset Funds
managing several multi-asset products & Fund Selector, overseeing a Multi-Billion dollar fund platform.

So Off-Shore Russian Oligarch money might fit into this...

IF this guy was in fact a high level Diplomat...then why can't I find anything on him before his death? Diplomats are supposed to be public by their nature.
edit on 20-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Just to be clear, Daily Mail is not a tabloid. It is one of the largest news organizations in UK if I am not mistaken. They do have a TMZ-like section on their site for celebrity news and other garbage, which I always ignore, but they are a legit news source. Like any other news organizations, they make mistakes from time to time (for example, when they reported the apparently fake story about a terminally ill boy dying in Santa Claus's lap while talking to him that a lot of sites picked up on recently), but I have been following the site for years and they are legit. Sometimes they even break American news before sites based in the U.S.

So I am still left scratching my head as to what went on with this shooting.

edit on 20-12-2016 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Obama is having the last laugh....Putin is now dealing with the psycho rage of the radical Islamists....I wonder how many more Russians need to be killed before he gets the hell out of Syria?...oh yeah, that's right, he doesn't care about his citizens.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6

Just to be clear, Daily Mail is not a tabloid. It is one of the largest news organizations in UK if I am not mistaken. T

Hmm! I stand corrected! Their publication format always gave me the impression that it was a scandal rag (and the Page 3 girls really only added to that impression.)

It's an interesting story, and one wonders if it was another Syrian sympathizer or something else.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

SOrry i figured the sentences after would be enough for you to grasp I am assuming the wife was also not just his wife but a deep cover operative paid to keep watch on him.

You know good and well there will be no proof of that anywhere and as such were being a smart alec
Not mad at ya. that was a good attempt.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: jburg6

Just to be clear, Daily Mail is not a tabloid. It is one of the largest news organizations in UK if I am not mistaken. T

Hmm! I stand corrected! Their publication format always gave me the impression that it was a scandal rag (and the Page 3 girls really only added to that impression.)

It's an interesting story, and one wonders if it was another Syrian sympathizer or something else.

(A) Tabloid outlets is the channel of Russian Prop.
(B) This is a guy who they say was a Diplomat, but was internet/publicly dark before this
(C) Unlike most tabloid fiction...they aren't filling in the blanks..they admit confusion...He was a diplomat? Latin America? But said to be working for some "other" Russian agency recently?
(D) Multiple pics...This one has him on a Latin American beach...there is a military insignia on his jacket sleeve? Anyone know what branch of the Rus. Mil.?
(E) Video with some of the stories of the Russian cops carrying out the body..
(F) This was a silent hit...Not a terrorist act...no crowds, no drama, no nothing...two bullets in the middle of the night by what appears to be a pro.

Pic of him on beach with jacket here..What's the Mil Insignia?

My suspicion...Is this is a story and pics leaked for the express purpose of saying Eff-You to the Obama administration/CIA on their way out. I think he was working for FSB and was a double agent for the USA...a Leak...and even perhaps one related to the recent Russian Hacking. With the demands by GOP that the CIA reveal sources knowing full well they have agents in the Kremlin...the Kremlin is letting the CIA know they found their leak and took care of it.

Could be completely wrong...But that is my speculation..

His Latin American Diplomat Credentials? Would those permit him visiting the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where Assange is holed up?

The story has purpose...not tabloid...and he was killed professionally, not by terrorists...and you can't find anything about him until this news broke (How the hell does a "high ranking diplomat" stay secret?...being public is their job)

This was a message from FSB to the world that they found a mole IMO.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

My take above..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You must of missed the news that Russia payed the way for Jihadis to get into Syria?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Theyre in the us?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You must have missed the part where the entire underpinning of the terrorist funding network is a wellspring that starts in DC, just as it did when the CIA went and found Osama Bin Laden, and co-opted him for their own nefarious purposes during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. The puppet masters have not given away their toy in the time between then and now.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It is vital that we do not get confused here.

Terror networks, and their handlers do not recruit people who have no reason to be pissed at the target of their machinations. They recruit those who are already angry, because anger makes them easier to manipulate. Russia has been a terrible influence on the Eastern Bloc nations generally since the fall of the Soviet Union, that is not in question in the least. However, there is a difference between having a grievance, and having the tools to do something about it. That is where the US comes in where these situations are concerned.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Wow, mate, I didn't realise you were so caught up in that propaganda.

Thought you had a solid grasp of how things work in the middle east, my mistake.

edit on 21/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Chadwickus,

If you are telling me that the US government has nothing to do with proxy war, that they have not been paying for IS funding and arms for years, then I will have to tell you that you are simply wrong. If you have other information which comes alongside that, rather than trying to ignore or excuse it, then I am listening. More data is better. But the US is ABSOLUTELY the root of the major terror networks funding. Its routed through Qatar and Saudia Arabia (and others) but the origins of their weapons, seed and support money and their supply lines are NOT Middle Eastern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join