It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian diplomat is shot dead at his home in Moscow hours after the assassination of ambassador

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow, any speculation as to what is going on here? Is this in any way related to the ambassador assassination, or merely coincidental?

A high ranking Russian diplomat has been found dead from gun shot wounds in Moscow, it was reported early today.Petr Polshikov, 56, was found at his home in the capital city with a bullet wound to his head. The shooting disclosed by Ren TV came soon after news broke of the assassination of Russian ambassador to Ankara, Andrey Karlov. The circumstances of the shooting remained unclear, and it is understood police are examining all possible theories as to his death.

Link to story

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I just caught that on drudgereport.com, not to much info yet. Almost sounds like the wife may have done it. Pistol under the bathroom sink? Wierd....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: jburg6
The "deep state" is punishing Russia for its success in Syria, thereby resisting the unipolar domination of the world commonly called the "New World Order."

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yea, there was some speculation that perhaps the wife did it, as she was found in the home unharmed. You would think some type of shady assassination would eliminate any loose ends like a witness. However, it does seem odd that the wife would not make any attempt to hide the murder weapon or cover up the crime. Also, the timing just seems really strange.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So it look like isis is returning home....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

It is not weird to have a pistol under the bathroom sink, if you happen to be in the business of diplomacy. Someone will be seeking your head for some reason every day of the week, whether its someone in the same government as you are who wants your job, or wants you out of it in any case, some mafia honcho seeking notoriety, or a foreign actor of some sort, for any one of a thousand reasons.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Oh come on now, thats hardly accurate.

If IS were headed home, they would be camped out on the White House lawn, having a rooftop rave at the Pentagon.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I am not finding anything related to this story other the western news . Even other boards are not mentioning it . hoax maybe

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Obama getting the russians back for hacking the elections causing hillary to lose .

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So you're just going to ignore the fact that a large portion of IS is made up of Chechens?

That said, in most cases like this the spouse is the culprit. As others have said, start with her. For all we know she could have been planning this for a while and chose to do it now so she could lay the blame on Islamic extremists.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Chechnya, yes, that stalwart and entirely pro-Russia location.

I am sure you would deny that US aid and support has been used to back up Chechen rebels in the past? Those self same rebels who are now part of IS.

For goodness sake, its as if you abandoned all possible pretense of understanding of the recent history of geopolitics!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I entered Petr Polshikov on the Duck search engine and there were several
pages of links to news outlets covering the story.
Of course, that does not mean it isn't a hoax
but it is well documented.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Could be a purge from the inside as well. There are too many sides to start pointing fingers. The ambassador was blamed on the turkish police. Let's see where the finger lands on this poor fellow.

something about poking bears comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Could be a purge from the inside as well. There are too many sides to start pointing fingers. The ambassador was blamed on the turkish police. Let's see where the finger lands on this poor fellow.

something about poking bears comes to mind.

I was wondering if these guys are on Putin's list. It is a good time to get rid of them while furthering the agenda in the region.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6
Wow, any speculation as to what is going on here? Is this in any way related to the ambassador assassination, or merely coincidental?

A high ranking Russian diplomat has been found dead from gun shot wounds in Moscow, it was reported early today.Petr Polshikov, 56, was found at his home in the capital city with a bullet wound to his head. The shooting disclosed by Ren TV came soon after news broke of the assassination of Russian ambassador to Ankara, Andrey Karlov. The circumstances of the shooting remained unclear, and it is understood police are examining all possible theories as to his death.

Link to story

Because Daily Mail is a tabloid, I looked for other sources and found... other tabloids. Half of them report that he was killed BEFORE the Turkish ambassador, half that he was killed AFTER.

That being said,, Ren TV is a legit source and not overly biased for the Party line.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I entered Petr Polshikov on the Duck search engine and there were several
pages of links to news outlets covering the story.
Of course, that does not mean it isn't a hoax
but it is well documented.

Unfortunately, it's documented on sites that are not known for good fact checking. I wish I understood Russian so I could find out if the news clip shown is from a tv drama or real tv news. I can't find any internet mention of Polskov earlier than... today. Hopefully someone else will google (our search engine results are biased by the cookies associated with our machines. My results are different than yours.)
edit on 20-12-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The wife was also a russian spy and killed her assigned target. Alot of russians have died by their signifigant other being ordered to kill their spouse for the good of mother russia. Obviously the man ran afoul of putin somewhere.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
So it look like isis is returning home....

Im pretty sure that's in rural VA

depends on what name theyre going by this week.

Al Nusra, ISIS, Al CIA DA lite, etc...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

To fair Kadyrov is pretty much Putin's staunchest supporter right now. That said, do you really think that Chechens have no other reason to be pissed at Russia than US influence? The things that Russia did to Chechnya during the two wars were pretty horrific. Hell, Putin came to power through the false flag that started the Second Chechen War.

Putin should be worried about what happens when this war in Syria ends and people start coming home. Russia could be in for a wave of terrorist attacks as Chechens who had no love for Russia in the first place come back even more radicalized.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What will PUTIN spin this to?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join