It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles proposes $10-million legal defense fund for immigrants facing deportation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Feed the lawyers foundation? Yeah, I can see that lawyers set this thing up. The ten million bucks should just about pay to set the whole thing up, then a million bucks each for any immigrant they serve.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

In any case in the world, who wins every time? the lawyers. They get paid either way.
If someone sues you for a BS reason, you still have to get a lawyer to defend you, and you have to pay him. There needs to be a law that the looser pays all legal fees and must put that in a trust before the trial. I think that would eliminate quite a few of the frivolous suits. But since it's lawyers who make laws, I doubt any of them are interested in limiting the income of shady lawyers.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Profusion

Good. I hope people protest and the fund increases. My Irish ancestors could have used such a fund. I am sure many other US immigrants could have used it. I am glad one group is getting it.

Legal VS illegal immigration RELDRA.

She either doesn't know the difference or thinks they are both the same...take your pick.
In any case, just another loony Leftist group that has lost their minds out there in the Liberal utopia they call California.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
What a waste of tax dollars .

And the opposite would cost less you think?

It doesn't matter what it costs to get rid of the illegals, just get them the hell out of this country.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Your family came here illegally? I doubt that. Some of my family tried coming from Scotland with two rich uncles sponsoring them and were rejected. That was in the 70s, Carter wasn't interested in Great Britain, he was looking for more exotic new comers. Quotas to fill you know.a reply to: reldra

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There are little under 45,000 homeless in the greater LA area and these dip #s waste money on fighting federal law. Just let California secede...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is no defense for breaking the law and being here Illegally. SHoudnt even get a trial and should be deported as soon as caught.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Every time I read a article about how California is spending money on illegals so they can live "comfortably" here in the Great US of A , I seriously want to have the Governor and his staff committed for being 51/50!!!! How about our Vets coming home from fighting a useless war and not getting the help they need. I guess the Government isn't concerned about that. I'm thinking that the illegals right to education takes heed over a suicidal PTSD war veteran. SHAME ON YOU IN HIGHER POWER. What about our own homeless and LEGAL citizens that struggle to feed their families every day. I'm not certain, but I think if I was to go to Mexico and demand housing, citizenship, rights, food, medical care, free college tuition ect., I would be hanging from a Mexico overpass by morning.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join