It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles proposes $10-million legal defense fund for immigrants facing deportation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Los Angeles city and county leaders on Monday unveiled a $10-million fund to provide legal assistance for residents facing deportation, the region’s boldest move yet as it prepares for an expected crackdown on illegal immigration by Donald Trump.

If approved by lawmakers, Los Angeles’ two top government agencies could find themselves in the position of using public funds to challenge policies sought by the White House and Republican Congress.

LINK

When you click the link above you'll see a still picture from an accompanying video of protesters with a sign with the words "stop the hate" in two languages. I think that epitomizes the attitude of Californians in general to Trump. Only in America could wanting to deport illegals be construed as "hate."

If Mexicans are serious about this, why don't they petition the Mexican government to allow illegal American immigrants to live in Mexico? Ironically, the Mexican government would never allow it because those illegal American immigrants would take jobs from Mexicans.

To those who want to continue to claim that that it doesn't matter who the POTUS is, this is more evidence that you're wrong.
edit on 20-12-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21666179]ProfusiI haven't heard anything regarding this and I live near Los Angeles,more then likely like most of things in media,blown out of porportion,not everyone in California is a hispanic,and not all are for allowing illegal immigrants into our state,if they are working here should pay taxes just like the rest,get a kick out of the hick's that comment on California,most watch too much TV,not everyone here drives a Prius and voted for Bernie,most are just people trying to make a living it's harder here things are expensive,but we forge on

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Good.

Let them waste their money protecting criminals. They deserve what they get which is more debt and more crime. Have fun with that L.A.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What a waste of tax dollars .

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Good. I hope people protest and the fund increases. My Irish ancestors could have used such a fund. I am sure many other US immigrants could have used it. I am glad one group is getting it.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
What a waste of tax dollars .

And the opposite would cost less you think?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Dont agree with citizens hard earned tax dollars going to support criminals .
Especially when many law abiding LEGAL citizens need help in the country and cant get help .

DEPORT ALL the illegals .

No other country in world lets illegals stay nor do they pay / support ILLEGAL immigrants . Most other countries ive been to they jail them and send them back to their country of origin .

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Screw the vets and the homeless and let's take care of non Americans.

California is a effin disgrace.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Good. I hope people protest and the fund increases. My Irish ancestors could have used such a fund. I am sure many other US immigrants could have used it. I am glad one group is getting it.

Protest what? The right to ignore American laws? Why do you have such hatred for Americans? Don't you think veterans are the homeless could use that money more?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Protest what? The right to ignore American laws? Why do you have such hatred for Americans? Don't you think veterans are the homeless could use that money more?

Of course they could use the money. There are thousands of different funds. You can't say, for every one that crops up. "But what about X group?" That is silly.

Hatred for Americans? I have a great respect for the Native Americans and all those that came after. This is a great place, lots of people came here from their native countries, and then had children here.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

every other time the united states accepted immigrants they came here legally. they didn't sneak across the border.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Kommiefornia - the most ass backwards state you could ever dream of. It's actually funny because they are proud of being labeled "Progressives", when in fact they are doing the complete opposite.

Protecting illegal immigrants Hahahahaha what? Pot meet kettle.

For the sake of old gods and titans, GET A F*CKING GREEN CARD AND APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP!!! You might get treated fairly and as an equal citizen like the rest of us.

Morons all the way around.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Legal VS illegal immigration RELDRA.
edit on 20-12-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I would be willing to bet your ancestors stopped at the immigration office on the way in.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thats fine, As long as whoever decided this is paying for it out of their own pockets and not the taxpayers.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Put your money where your post is and send them your paycheck.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Yea, only two generations ago my family came here on a boat and legally became citizens and the only person who can speak Italian is my grandmother. Whats your point exactly?

I'm not against Mexicans coming here looking for a better life but this is such a waste of tax dollars and I'm not surprised this comes from LA.

Really helping ILLEGAL immigration only hurts the Mexicans already here trying to assimilate.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Were your Irish ancestors gang members and criminals? If so, that explains a lot. If not, then why would you be worried? Trump said he wants to send the criminals back. Not everyone. Or did you guys not hear that part?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
What would that defense look like?

Sir/Madame, are you in this country illegally?

Yes/Si.

Guilty, go home.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
With the cost of lawyers in the U.S., ten million should be about enough money to defend ONE immigrant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join