It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embrace the Reaper as a friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I sat with the family during a meal when my father asked;" I heard you are doing research about the after life." I said ;" Yes, its part of my studies "
And my mother looked at me;" So? What happens?". Its strange being raised by black sheep in a family, a talk about science, you know it will only lead into science fiction and religion, but the problem is, its all subjective.

Instead of me saying things they dont want to hear, i asked;" What do you think happens when we die?" She looked at me, and said " Well, i hope ive done enough to be received in heaven " and the only i really heard was nothing more than "Hope".

And i looked at my father; "What do you think happens?" And between all the nonsense of Aliens, pyramids, Genetic engineering and proven facts by an unknown source i heard the simple words of ;" Another Universe "

And all i could say to comfort their wishes was;" I dont know what happens after we die, but i believe thats part of the Journey we make in life. I just hope ive done enough to embrace the Grim Reaper as a friend and not a foe "

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor does the wind, sun or the rain... We could be like they are.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The worms crawl in ,
The worms crawl out ,
The worms play pinochle on your snout .

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Only one way to find out, but I'm in no hurry to see for myself.
I say there is nothing. Would be nice to be wrong on that one....lol

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Death is a certainty. Accepting its influence helps keep things real. If you want to get friendly with it you can work on a farm or in an abattoir. It is a job that needs to be done at times.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Dying is the price we pay for living.

I have made a pact with my own Father that whomever dies first, and if there is some kind of existence after death, then we will try to communicate if it is possible.

Don't fear the reaper.

edit on 20/12/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It seems to me from your report about your family that you don't respect them because of your educated ways(?). What a pity. From your words, I can see no difference between their perhaps vague concepts of "Heaven" and "...other universes" and your wanting to make friends with death. So even as you are, evidently, an atheist, you are all in the same boat floating across the river Styxx.

edit on 20-12-2016 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

What Really Happens Is You Die And Find Out No One Is Going Follow You Into Death...
Such Is Love. You'll Be Alone On Your First Day In The Afterlife...
Whilst Everyone Else Pretends They Care And Hope They Will Go To Heaven.

Also... This Happens:
1) He's In A Better Place Now (Yet None Follow)...
2) He's With The Angels (Yet You Are Not With Those Who Cling To Life)...
3) He's Up Above Smiling Down On Us (Yet They Have No Clue)...
4) He's With God Now (Yet They Dont Think It A Brilliant Plan Enough To Join You)...
5) May He Rest In Peace....

So... That Is What Happens When You Die.
And There You Have It! Mystery Solved...
edit on 20-12-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

There would be no purpose in living once...if this was all there is. ..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No, that is your subjective view, the story was about listening to what they believe and then met in the middle..

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I sat with the family during a meal when my father asked;" I heard you are doing research about the after life." I said ;" Yes, its part of my studies "
And my mother looked at me;" So? What happens?". Its strange being raised by black sheep in a family, a talk about science, you know it will only lead into science fiction and religion, but the problem is, its all subjective.

Instead of me saying things they dont want to hear, i asked;" What do you think happens when we die?" She looked at me, and said " Well, i hope ive done enough to be received in heaven " and the only i really heard was nothing more than "Hope".

And i looked at my father; "What do you think happens?" And between all the nonsense of Aliens, pyramids, Genetic engineering and proven facts by an unknown source i heard the simple words of ;" Another Universe "

And all i could say to comfort their wishes was;" I dont know what happens after we die, but i believe thats part of the Journey we make in life. I just hope ive done enough to embrace the Grim Reaper as a friend and not a foe "

I miss her.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Grim is a personal acquaintance of mine. When I'm in a good mood, I even sharpen his scythe for him and polish that baby right back up.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShatteredKingdom
Grim is a personal acquaintance of mine. When I'm in a good mood, I even sharpen his scythe for him and polish that baby right back up.
nice

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Or hug a rat dying from a flea infestation.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Or hug a rat dying from a flea infestation.

I'll give the pyramids to a dying rat. Guess at what I give the flea.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The reaper wont come and take my pain away. Id embrace him but he shoves me off like most people do.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

you could pray to Lord Yama i guess if you are suffering

hope you get better

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For now, the Reaper is doing the smart thing - he's running away.

I've already survived him twice. And giving me eternity to evolve wouldn't be Death's best move...

edit on 22-12-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join