It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Hurdle.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: loam

Ah thanks, I didn't know about this option. That's good to know. Muahahahaha!

Though for the record, many of us informed people on the Left think the "Palmer Report" is just clickbait. He tends to greatly exaggerate things, kind of like a Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh. So I'd take this article with a grain of salt.

ETA: As for the rest of you who are mad that we're fighting every single step: Oh well. You didn't have a problem with the Tea Party and the Republican controlled Congress fighting us every step of the way. Republicans in Congress blocked a literal record number of Presidential appointees and even took the unprecedented step of blocking a Supreme Court nominee for almost a year. Republicans even came up with an ingenious but crooked way to block recess appointments.

So now that the shoe is on the other foot, I think that turnabout is fair play. We should fight you guys at every single step, just as you did against us. In fact, even after a Democrat won the Governorship in North Carolina last month, his Republican opponent demanded a recall. And when that failed, the North Carolina state legislature just pushed through unprecedented new laws to strip the incoming Governor of a lot of his traditional powers. But of course, I don't see any of you whining, complaining, or threatening violence when your side is being the obstructionists.

What is it with the "they acted like spoiled bitches, therefore, we are justified in doing the same" attitude? I thought you guys were way above the right and held the moral high ground? Might want to check your 6.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Absurd?

How difficult would it have been to use more appropriate, yet equally emphatic, language?

This way, for example:

“If you do not reverse course and endeavor to make these campaign promises a reality, you will have to contend with the full firepower of the ACLU at your every step. Our staff of litigators and activists in every state, thousands of volunteers, and millions of supporters stand ready to fight unfailingly oppose against any encroachment on our cherished freedoms and rights.”

It's the difference between the language of violence and the language of opposition. They do not have to be one in the same.

edit on 20-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Never let the facts get in the way of a good slogan or soundbite.

"When they go low, we go high."

H Y P O C R I S Y.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Oh noes, dangerous comments.

Soooo scary. You're trying to shut down the truth of what the left has been calling for. Between the violence against Trump supporters, attempts to undermine the legitimacy of the election with false accusations, calls for Trump's assassination, all manner of ugliness...but when someone tells you and everyone like you what your actions could lead to if YOU don't take some actual god damned responsibility for the crap your side is doing, that's dangerous. That's irresponsible.

Your deflection tactics don't work on me. Your "dangerous speech" dog whistle for shutting down the free speech of others doesn't scare me.

edit on 20 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join