It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One More Hurdle.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
With the electoral college having done it's work there is still one thing left. Congress certification.

January 6, 2017

The Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes. Congress may pass a law to change this date.

The Vice President, as President of the Senate, presides over the count and announces the results of the Electoral College vote. The President of the Senate then declares which persons, if any, have been elected President and Vice President of the United States.

If a State submits conflicting sets of electoral votes to Congress, the two Houses acting concurrently may accept or reject the votes. If they do not concur, the votes of the electors certified by the Governor of the State on the Certificate of Ascertainment would be counted in Congress.

If no Presidential candidate wins 270 or more electoral votes, a majority, the 12th Amendment to the Constitution provides for the House of Representatives to decide the Presidential election.

www.archives.gov...

I for one will relish in the thought that Biden vomits in his mouth a little bit!

edit on Tue Dec 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We need to stop with this "it's not over yet" crap. All it is is a way to keep people around clicking on bait for websites and videos.

Congress will 99.9% accept the votes of the electors without a hitch.

The show is over. Trump will be president.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Supreme Court can disqualify Donald Trump and Mike Pence after Electoral College vote

They'll keep trying.

And when all that fails, have no doubt some crazy leftist will attempt a citizen arrest....or worse.

At first some of this seems amusing, but in truth, these are dangerous times. The left wants the place burned to the ground.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I noticed a tweet yesterday from a hopeful anti-Trump remarking that she was at the "bargaining" stage of grief about the election.
If this is what has been happening, psychologically, perhaps there is hope that most of them will now begin to move on to "acceptance". It is just a very long drawn-out process.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

It keeps going...and going...and going. It does need to stop.

What stage of grief is acceptance?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The final stage

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I had to google "stages of grief" because it wasn't actually part of my education.
Apparently "depression" commonly precedes acceptance.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It keeps going...and going...and going. It does need to stop.

What stage of grief is acceptance?

Acceptance would be the 5th stage. The final stage. If they are at bargaining, they still have to go through depression before they get to acceptance. Depression. That's gonna be a fun stage ... not.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yet people don't seem to understand why acting like this over a legitimate election result could lead to wider conflict. Maybe even a shooting war.

They keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. Eventually someone is gonna push back.

The best advice is to accept the results and wait 4 years. That's all it takes.

edit on 20 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
We need to stop with this "it's not over yet" crap. All it is is a way to keep people around clicking on bait for websites and videos.

Congress will 99.9% accept the votes of the electors without a hitch.

The show is over. Trump will be president.

I don't disagree. I will however highlight the fact that with so many paying attention to the elections that there are plenty getting an education into the process of what actually goes on. Given the state of the public school system across the nation, somehow this has not been covered.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

*sings*

It's the most wonderful time of the year.....

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

This is just kind of funny now. All the media and the DNC are doing is delaying the grieving process for the leftists. First the recount uncovered fraud on Hillary's part and more votes for Trump, now Hillary has set an 104 year record with 4 faithless electors. Now the left will still not move past denial (stage 1 grief) until at least Jan. 6. At least Michael Moore Was in the "bargaining" phase trying to pay electors for their faithless votes, I can't wait to see more of his maniacal psycho babble on the Fake News between now and then. Perhaps the plan is to have the left in the Anger (stage 2) phase for the inauguration.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: M0RSTR0UD
I was thinking that "please let this electoral college thing work" might itself be the "bargaining" stage.
That's how I understood the original tweeter.
We may find most of them beginning to move into depression now, and starting to deal with it as reality once the Inauguration is over,

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Next it will be Aliens did it.

They need a 48 step program.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Ah thanks, I didn't know about this option. That's good to know. Muahahahaha!

Though for the record, many of us informed people on the Left think the "Palmer Report" is just clickbait. He tends to greatly exaggerate things, kind of like a Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh. So I'd take this article with a grain of salt.

ETA: As for the rest of you who are mad that we're fighting every single step: Oh well. You didn't have a problem with the Tea Party and the Republican controlled Congress fighting us every step of the way. Republicans in Congress blocked a literal record number of Presidential appointees and even took the unprecedented step of blocking a Supreme Court nominee for almost a year. Republicans even came up with an ingenious but crooked way to block recess appointments.

So now that the shoe is on the other foot, I think that turnabout is fair play. We should fight you guys at every single step, just as you did against us. In fact, even after a Democrat won the Governorship in North Carolina last month, his Republican opponent demanded a recall. And when that failed, the North Carolina state legislature just pushed through unprecedented new laws to strip the incoming Governor of a lot of his traditional powers. But of course, I don't see any of you whining, complaining, or threatening violence when your side is being the obstructionists.
edit on 20-12-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

As for the rest of you who are mad that we're fighting every single step: Oh well.

You're not fighting. Threatening electors, making ads to convince electors to vote against the will of the people in their states, and attacking Trump supporters is capriciousness. Protesting a legitimate election and then trying to tie it to an unproven conspiracy theory isn't fighting it's whining.

You didn't have a problem with the Tea Party and the Republican controlled Congress fighting us every step of the way.

Of course not. They did the right thing. They held peaceful demonstrations and used their numbers to elect people they wanted to hold office in order to represent them. They used the system instead of trying to undermine it.

Republicans in Congress blocked a literal record number of Presidential appointees and even took the unprecedented step of blocking a Supreme Court nominee for almost a year. Republicans even came up with an ingenious but crooked way to block recess appointments.

Welcome to congress. That's how these things work and it wasn't unprecedented. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened and it sure as hell wasn't just a republican tactic.

So now that the shoe is on the other foot, I think that turnabout is fair play.

Using unproven accusations to attempt to delegitimize a legitimately elected candidate isn't fair play. It's setting the stage for wider conflict. Weren't you people the ones telling Trump supporters that thy should accept the results and move on? What happened to that? You can dish it out but can't take it. Acting like petulant and capricious children won't legitimize your position.

We should fight you guys at every single step, just as you did against us.

No one went to a Hillary rally to attack supporters. Your candidate, and by extension the left, lost this election because your policies have been a failure, your politics divisive and threatening, and your tactics violent. You want us to accept your world view as gospel, even to the point of inviting the enemies of the United States in to our communities, with all the damage done in places like Europe, your refusal to acknowledge Islam as a threat to Western values.

People got sick of it. And those of us who got sick of it will end it.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You're not fighting. Threatening electors, making ads to convince electors to vote against the will of the people in their states, and attacking Trump supporters is capriciousness. Protesting a legitimate election and then trying to tie it to an unproven conspiracy theory isn't fighting it's whining.

The vast majority of us were not threatening electors; making commercials is legal; and there have been more than 150 Electoral College voters who've voted against their State's choice. In other words, it's a part of the process whether you like it or not. And the rest is just your opinion.

Of course not. They did the right thing. They held peaceful demonstrations and used their numbers to elect people they wanted to hold office in order to represent them. They used the system instead of trying to undermine it.

How is us using every legal means to block your side's actions any different? We're literally using the system as well. Recounts & the Electoral College are a part of the system.

Using unproven accusations to attempt to delegitimize a legitimately elected candidate isn't fair play. It's setting the stage for wider conflict. Weren't you people the ones telling Trump supporters that thy should accept the results and move on? What happened to that? You can dish it out but can't take it. Acting like petulant and capricious children won't legitimize your position.

You don't know what "turnabout" is, do you? Or have you already forgotten how much Trump called the system rigged before the election? He wouldn't even agree to accept the election results before the election, either. He even said he believed there were millions of illegal votes this election, which implies a fair recount would've caught them. So once again, turnabout is fair play.

No one went to a Hillary rally to attack supporters. Your candidate, and by extension the left, lost this election because your policies have been a failure, your politics divisive and threatening, and your tactics violent.

Many of our politics and politicians have indeed been failures so we're in agreement there. Though I think they've failed because they're too passive, have no backbones, continue to neglect the actual left wing, and refuse to fight. Ironically, I think the Left wing needs our own Tea Party and Tea Party caucus to push out the Democrats who take our views for granted.

You want us to accept your world view as gospel, even to the point of inviting the enemies of the United States in to our communities,

That's funny coming from you guys. Your side openly cheers at our Cold War enemy Russia's interference in our election. but I guess those "enemies" don't count?

with all the damage done in places like Europe, your refusal to acknowledge Islam as a threat to Western values.

You can go screw yourself on that. Muslims have been here from the beginning and we're not going anywhere. Though it's so hypocritical that someone like you would claim Muslims are the threat in Western countries when the vast majority of criminals, wife beaters, pedophiles, gang/cartel/organized crime members, drug dealers and drug users, thieves, con artists, rapists, etc in Western countries are non-Muslims like you.

If every Muslim in a Western country disappeared overnight, your drug related crimes, rapes, child abuse cases, domestic abuse cases, kidnapping cases, murder-suicides, DUIs, robberies, and organized crime rates would stay the same. You say we're the threat yet every metric in the book says someone who looks and talks like YOU will be most likely to commit a crime against YOU. In other words, you sound like a coward that is scapegoating others because you're too afraid to admit that it's your own kind that are making your life miserable.

We're not the ones trying to hypothetically take away your guns. We're not the ones trying to suppress the rights of Americans to vote. We're not the ones raising your taxes, firing your family and coworkers, cutting your retirement funds, polluting your neighborhood, jacking up your college and medical costs, etc.

Think fast: What demographic is your State Senator? Or your federal Senator? Or your mayor? Or your Governor? Or your landlord? Or your boss? Or the last 5 people to commit any crime against you or a close friend or family member? Know anyone who'd been raped, molested, or conned? Was it Muslims or non-Muslims who did it? Just man up and admit that the people who are making your life hard are people from your own "side".

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Because of all the things I have seen so far. The violence at protests, the unwillingness to believe the election results ect. I only see this ending with an attempt on Trumps life. The "We tried to do this nicely and now you take what you get". Killing Kennedy and getting away with it only showed that it can be done and here is how you do it..... Have a distraught citizen shoot the perpetrator.... Deadmen tell no tails and the gun control advocates cans push their agenda for all its worth.... Its 1963 all over again, instead of Vietnam we have the Middle East. Hang on kids its gonna be a bumpy ride.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Yet people don't seem to understand why acting like this over a legitimate election result could lead to wider conflict. Maybe even a shooting war.

They keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. Eventually someone is gonna push back.

The best advice is to accept the results and wait 4 years. That's all it takes.

You sure do have an unhealthy obsession with picking up arms over this election.

I can agree that some whiners have complained long enough about the results of this election, but as we get closer to the inauguration more and more Trump supporters and Right Wingers are ramping up their idiotic rhetoric.

Calls for rounding-up people, going door to door if need be. Calls for stripping people of freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and even calls for civil war.

You guys need to get a grip.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All the more reason not to continue to import people from Muslim countries.

Islam is a threat. It's the only religion that has not had a reformation and it continues to impose a 6th century ideology on the rest of the world.

Don't get me confused with hard right white Christians either. I'm not. I find religion in general to be a threat to the progress of humanity and were it not for religion and the dark ages it brought about we'd already be colonizing the solar system.

It's ancient fairy tales and the barbaric cultures they gave rise to that I view as a problem. Only one of those fairy tales have inspired millions to take up the sword to kill the people in the very countries that give them respite from their own countrymen's atrocities in modern times and that is Islam.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join