It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower just shredded Obama's 'Russian Hacker' narrative

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I stand corrected. NATO is not Europe. European countries are members of NATO because they fear Russian aggression. Does that make the statement easier to understand? From now on, please correct everyone who uses the word "NATO" when referring to military activities by NATO members that do not invoke NATO's charter. You can start with the threads accusing "NATO" of aggression in North Africa and the Middle East. These are acts of European nations, not NATO. This distinction seems important to you, so go for it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: intrptr

'Putin' isn't invading Europe, NATO is.

NATO is Europe. I can't comment any further without violating T&C, but please read just a little bit of history.

Regardless, the insight provided in the OP is compelling. Far more so that the current conspiracy theories about Russia and wikileaks.

The OP is nonsense and the "whistle-blower" has repeatedly made claims in the past that were completely debunked.

The "current conspiracy theories" about Russia are not "theories"...they are the conclusions of the FBI, CIA and National Director of Intelligence of the Untied States Government.

The fact you choose to characterize the ridiculous OP as "Credible" and the conclusion of every non-partisan intelligence agency of the United States Government as unfounded "conspiracy theory" makes you either a dishonest propagandist or cognitively disabled.

You guys on the left certainly are conspiracy theory nuts!

By "the left" you mean congressional GOP leaders who have acknowledged the Russians were the hackers? Or by "left" you mean the CIA, FBI, NDI et al..

How embarrassingly stupid your posts have become...

I mean alt-left crazies...

Yes...Like Mitch McConnell...At least figure out a way to be amusing when you BS...your trolly BS style is just boring..

“Any foreign breach of our cybersecurity measures is disturbing, and I strongly condemn any such efforts,”
said Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, adding,

“The Russians are not our friends.”

Mr. McConnell’s support for investigating American intelligence findings that Moscow intervened in the election on Mr. Trump’s behalf could presage friction between the Republicans who control Congress, and who have long taken a hard line against Russia, and the president-elect, who has mocked the findings.

Mr. McConnell also went out of his way to address Mr. Trump’s claim that the C.I.A. could not be trusted because of flawed intelligence before the Iraq war.

“Let me say that I have the highest confidence in the intelligence community,”
“and especially the Central Intelligence Agency. The C.I.A. is filled with selfless patriots, many of whom anonymously risk their lives for the American people.”

www.nytimes.com...

Oh Mitch...that crazy alt-left liberal who is the GOP leader of the Senate Majority!

This is funny on two levels.

One, that the anti-Trump alt-left conspiracy theorists would use a Republican's views in their arguments
Two, because the McConnell quotes you provide have absolutely no information to suggest he knows Russia hacked and gave wikileaks information.
He is only saying what most sane people would say. Let's investigate. It's quite obvious really that following weeks of propaganda people would say 'let's investigate'.

You still haven't provided any evidence to prove that Russia gave wikileaks documents that they subsequently used. You are speculating and pushing those speculations as fact - i.e. fake news.

The alt-left just keep on losing, whilst Trump just keeps on winning.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You still haven't provided any evidence to prove that Russia gave wikileaks documents that they subsequently used.

So you categorically reject deductive reasoning? Please explain exactly what would constitute valid, acceptable evidence for you. Presumably, anything from " unnamed sources" is unacceptable, and any statement from an American intelligence agency is naturally suspect. What do you want? A notarized statement from Vladimir Putin?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You are the one wrongfully stating that nato is europe and you even demanded a apology from me for pointing it out and all you can do is be amazingly salty about it.

I find that very amusing to see tbh.

But, where is my apology from you? I mean since you were so convinced i owed you one.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 22 Dec 2016 06:50:42 -060016201612America/Chicago by everyone because: TYPO

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

You know as well as I everything leading up to the election was fake news. Especially leading up to the election. The Russian hack meme served to distract from Hillarys email content and as a platform for further Russia sanctions. Here we are.

So now you're saying Trump is going to impose further sanctions?!?!

Where did I mention Trump?

You seem to forget that any future CIA activity will be under Trump's direction.

Riiight. CIA answers to a 'higher' authority. It ain't the current presider.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

You still haven't provided any evidence to prove that Russia gave wikileaks documents that they subsequently used.

So you categorically reject deductive reasoning? Please explain exactly what would constitute valid, acceptable evidence for you. Presumably, anything from " unnamed sources" is unacceptable, and any statement from an American intelligence agency is naturally suspect. What do you want? A notarized statement from Vladimir Putin?

By deductive reasoning Hillary is a felon, so let's try her for jeopardizing national security and then we can investigate this Russian hack theory. Then, IF it is ever proven it was the Russians, when there's no evidence Trump had anything to do with it you can ask Obama to call the Russians again and get them to pinky swear they won't do it again. The only other thing we could do is some kind of sanctions. You don't really think Russia is gonna agree to extradite anyone we determine may have been involved do you?

What's the endgame to all this? What exactly do you folks think is gonna happen here? That they're gonna link Trump to it and impeach him? I wouldn't hold my breath. I couldn't care less either, as long as that scum criminal Clinton isn't in the White House. The EC voted, Clinton is no longer a factor. Impeach Trump, and we'll have President Pence. As I said before, there's a reason these things rarely get prosecuted at these levels. It's almost impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt who did it because tracking a hack is not an exact science. A 14 year old in his mom's basement in DC could phish someone and leave traces that make it look like the Russians did it.
edit on 22 12 16 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

And, since the NSA tracks basically every packet that travels across U.S. networks

Great day for freedom.

Yeah, how about no..

This caught my attention. Do you dispute the claim made in the zerohedge article then?
It says at one point:

In other words, any data that is passed from the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) or of Hillary Rodham Clinton (HRC) – or any other server in the U.S. – is collected by the NSA.

To be honest I'm not educated enough on the topic to know for sure either way, though it seems as though that could be an embellishment of the NSA's true capabilities. All the data all the time is certainly a lot.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

How about you Maxatoria, what do you think? Is the zerohedge article reaching with it's assertion that the NSA collects everything sent on the web in the US, or not?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

By deductive reasoning Hillary is a felon, so let's try her for jeopardizing national security and then we can investigate this Russian hack theory.

Simply false. All of the accusations of criminal wrongdoing made against Clinton are based on hearsay. There has never been a coherent case made against her; that's why the FBI didn't recommend prosecuting.

Then, IF it is ever proven it was the Russians, when there's no evidence Trump had anything to do with it

I never said that he knew about it. He's just a useful idiot.

you can ask Obama to call the Russians again and get them to pinky swear they won't do it again.

Of course they will do it again. They have already started on France.

The only other thing we could do is some kind of sanctions.

There are other options. I wouldn't put my money in the MOEX.

You don't really think Russia is gonna agree to extradite anyone we determine may have been involved do you?

On the contrary, they will give them medals.

What's the endgame to all this? What exactly do you folks think is gonna happen here?

Russia will continue to undermine liberal democracies until Russia appears to be great again.

That they're gonna link Trump to it and impeach him? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Erm, when Trump gets impeached it won't be about treason.

I couldn't care less either, as long as that scum criminal Clinton isn't in the White House.

Sounds like you care a lot. Why do you prefer one criminal over the other?

The EC voted, Clinton is no longer a factor.

So why did you bring her up? Trump supporters are obsessed with her. Let it go.

Impeach Trump, and we'll have President Pence.

An ugly prospect, but at least Pence appears to be sane. He doesn't stay up until 3.00 AM tweeting about TV shows.

As I said before, there's a reason these things rarely get prosecuted at these levels. It's almost impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt who did it because tracking a hack is not an exact science. A 14 year old in his mom's basement in DC could phish someone and leave traces that make it look like the Russians did it.

On the other hand, it is even easier for the FSB and GRU to make it look like a 14 year old did it, right? All of this is irrelevant; this is not a crime committed by a private citizen, this is an act of 21st Century war by a hostile foreign power. If you want to defend Russia's right to do that, fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

But, where is my apology from you? I mean since you were so convinced i owed you one.

Sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

The NSA along with the other members of the 5 eyes system will be pretty much monitoring everything but will only be looking for certain things so something like usenet traffic will be pretty much ignored once they have a copy of every message so the peering between servers will be ignored, the same will be things like they'll have hashes of most images and will be able to ignore cats asking for cheeseburgers or walruses after their buckets etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

You can use Nmap, wireshark, metasploit and many more... this is what is available to us. I'm sure governments will have custom made uber versions of these tools that make packet sniffing easier.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join