It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower just shredded Obama's 'Russian Hacker' narrative

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that there's actually no public evidence the Russian government was behind the hacking. We have some folks telling us "just trust us, it was the Russians" but nothing has been made public. I'd also like to point out that any Joe-Shmo 14 year old in his basement could've hacked Podesta because Podesta and his IT team were morons. They fell for a phishing email (actually in government training, we call this WHALING because a high-value target like Podesta isn't considered a mere fish, but the media reporting on this stuff doesn't even know this basic tidbit of info, so how can we trust they know what they're talking about in other areas?).

I'd also like to point out that even schmucks like me who don't know jack about hacking know that hackers can hide their origin, which is why they can hack the State Department, DoD (last year), a ton of companies with very expensive and experienced IT teams, etc, without getting caught. Tracing the hack to Russia doesn't actually prove anything, they're just counting on the fact that a lot of the public doesn't know that. Let's wait for some evidence, if they have any.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'd like to point out that there's actually no public evidence the Russian government was behind the hacking.

I'd like to point out that is precisely wrong...

John Podesta's email was hacked on March 19th, 2016 by Fancy Bear APT28 (advanced persistent threat) via a Phishing Ploy hiding behind a Bitly link posing as the GMail Service.

Fancy Bear is the cyber warfare team for Russian Military Intelligence.

Not to be confused with Cozy Bear APT29, which is Russian FSB (FSB is the new KGB post USSR)...Though both Fancy Bear and Cozy Bear work together for common missions, they also compete to outdo one another.

Guccifer 2.0 is a persona that Fancy Bear APT28 uses at times for attempted misdirection.

Colin Powel's email was hacked at the same time and Fancy Bear also targeted 108 email addresses in the Hillary Clinton campaign

* They also made the mistake of not closing one of the links, thus leaving the door open for security experts to fully trace the hack.

* This was near identical to the link that Colin Powell, Podesta and others responded to.

*This was the actual fake Bitly Link that was targeted to Podesta that Fancy Bear accidentally left non-private and allowed Cyber Security experts to monitor and trace-back.

arstechnica.com...

Crowdstrike, Secureworks and several other non-partisan, non-political cyber security firms have traced the hack and links directly to Fancy Bear (Russian Military Intelligence).

www.crowdstrike.com...

www.secureworks.com...

dailycaller.com...

www.esquire.com...

motherboard.vice.com...

www.politico.com...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yeah and we know this because a bunch of intelligence documents have been released which conclusively prove this right? They didn't just tell the media that's what happened and the media is running with it like the OSU "shooting" on unconfirmed reports, right? And it's impossible to fake these traces right? Tracing a hack is an exact science that is 100% foolproof, isn't it?

Wrong. Thanks for playing.
edit on 21 12 16 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Yeah and we know this because a bunch of intelligence documents have been released which conclusively prove this right? .

Holy # people...READ..>RESEARCH...DONT SIMPLY APE CRAP FED TO YOU...

We "know this"...Being what I linked to above...Because a dozen different non-partisan cyber-security firms traced the hack...

The ABOVE data comes from Crowdstrike ...THE SAME FIRM the TRUMP CAMPAIGN employed...Get that? The same Cyber Security firm running Trump's cyber security said they traced the DNC hack to the Russians!

What the CIA, NSA, FBI has actually goes deeper...including HUMAN intelligence...aka ...assets in the Kremlin..

The Trump campaign has hired security firm CrowdStrike, which also is assisting the Democratic National Committee

fortune.com...
edit on 21-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yes because everyone who works there is completely non-partisan. Just like snopes is a completely unbiased "fact-checker" right? The naivety is strong with this one.

I'll wait til evidence is produced thanks, I'm not taking anyone's word for it, I don't care how unbiased they claim to be. You believe what you want.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Azureblue

If the Russians did all this hacking they are accused of then why has no Russian whistleblower emerged?

Because Russian hitmen are all over the world.

And in Russia there is no protection for dissidents.

Tell that to Edward snowden.

You can't be that effen stupid and still be able to type.

Can you spot the difference between Putin sheltering Snowden and putin killing hundreds of his own dissidents?

Excuse me?

Was it not Obama who claimed that under his administration whistleblowers were going to be protected? Look what happened with that. Snowden had to flee the country or face life in prison or be killed and they went after assange with biggest BS stories they could think of and if they had gotten his hands on him he would have faced the same faith. Instead he is now living imprisoned at a embassy at the grace of another country who IS willing to protect him.

And you talk about puttin. Check your own yard first.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
At this stage the damage is already done, the Russian thing has been pushed so much that braindead idiots will believe it no matter what anyone says.

The only brain dead idiots are those who believe either narrative!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: intrptr

'Putin' isn't invading Europe, NATO is.

NATO is Europe. I can't comment any further without violating T&C, but please read just a little bit of history.

What a amazingly ignorant thing to claim.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

If the Russians did all this hacking they are accused of then why has no Russian whistleblower emerged?

Alexander Litvenko...X-KGB/FSB...Fled to London and got Asylum from the British Government and blew the Whistle on Putin Staging terrorist attacks in Chechnya..

Putin not only had him killed but did so in a way to send a message to everyone considering similar whistle-blowing and in a way that clearly bragged to the world that it was he who had him killed...Clear message and no doubt about the who and why.

Litvenko became the FIRST known murder victim involving Polonium ..aka Nuclear Material...and material with a signature conveniently leading back to the Kremlin.

British authorities identified the FSB agents who slipped the material into his food...and Putin immediately promoted them into government positions making them immune from extradition requests.

Here is Litvenko..

In his last statement he said about Putin:

...this may be the time to say one or two things to the person responsible for my present condition.

You may succeed in silencing me but that silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed.

You have shown yourself to have no respect for life, liberty or any civilised value.

You have shown yourself to be unworthy of your office, to be unworthy of the trust of civilized men and women.

You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life.

May God forgive you for what you have done, not only to me but to beloved Russia and its people

What was your question again? Oh, that's right...Why hasn't anyone at FSB blown the whistle on Putin's hacking yet?

No doubt the reason the NSA, FBI and CIA are all on the same page about Putin directing the operation is that they have an asset inside team Putin...but we are never going to get a name until he is dead or farming rabbits in no name Idaho.

For effs sake...THAT...THERE..ABOVE...Is what Trumpites hero Putin does to "Whistle Blowers"..

Disgusting Putin love around here..

yea, good point but does the US and a dozen other countries not also engage in this same behaviour ??

No.

Truth is perception and the truth is different for us all.

There is but one reality and truth. While all of us view it through different lenses, the premise of the ATS motto "Deny Ignorance" is that we can all see it more clearly through honest and logical debate and examination of the facts. Unfortunately there is a large contingent of posters whose aim is further obscure the truth vs. clarify it.

BTW...from your first thread on ATS...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I got a message from Goggle saying that there was access to my account that was suspicious.

I followed up the message and google shows that my computer (PC) was synced by a computer located on the other side of the country about 10 days ago.

You and the DNC have something in common..

On March 19 of this year, Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta received an alarming email that appeared to come from Google.

motherboard.vice.com...

LOL

I get that email everytime i use a new browser or when i delete my browsers passwords that i had it reminding for me. You ARE fake news.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Please explain or apologize.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

OMG dude, it was not fake news.

Here:

An Enemy of the Kremlin Dies in London (Who killed Alexander Perepilichny?)

Read that.

OMG , don't wig out Buzzy. You know as well as I everything leading up to the election was fake news. Especially leading up to the election. The Russian hack meme served to distract from Hillarys email content and as a platform for further Russia sanctions. Here we are.

I just overheard on CNN Obama is planning to retaliate for the 'hack'. Jesus, let_it_go.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You know as well as I everything leading up to the election was fake news. Especially leading up to the election. The Russian hack meme served to distract from Hillarys email content and as a platform for further Russia sanctions. Here we are.

So now you're saying Trump is going to impose further sanctions?!?!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

NATO is not Europe. The US is part of NATO, and we're not part of Europe. I think there's a few members in Africa too. NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Read:

NATO member states

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

This jives with what Assange has stated, including, imo, his statements about Seth Rich as well as the reward offered for information leading to his murderer's apprehension.

About the only way to explain this, is if Seth Rich was the DNC leaker, and was almost certainly murdered for it.

As to the Podesta hack, secondary information that was released would suggest that it was an insider and someone connected with the FBI.

Which means that the Russian hacking story is FAKE NEWS, and that we can probably attach a murder to Clinton's campaign in the death of Seth Rich.

On the other side of the pursuit of who LEAKED, not hacked, his name appears.

There's been a lot of shenanigans of late, and the astute observer can see it clearly.

Which only makes statements by Clinton, Podesta, and Obama, as well as a complicit MSM, all the creepier, imho.

God how I hope that Trump is true and holds the line, and doesn't give in or lend his ear to the likes of Newt Gingrich except perhaps to find out where all the alligators are.

Leave them all out in the cold and then figure out what to do with them once the whole internal battlefield has been mapped out, which I'm sure is a type of audit that the Trump transition including Steve Bannon, is actively engaged in, so as to know who to let in and who to keep out by knowing one's self and one's enemy, as well as the entire lay of the land and thus capable of winning every battle, in advance.

edit on 21-12-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You know as well as I everything leading up to the election was fake news. Especially leading up to the election. The Russian hack meme served to distract from Hillarys email content and as a platform for further Russia sanctions. Here we are.

Where did I mention Trump?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Apologize for what?

America, canada, turkey and Albania are members. None of them are EU.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Apologize for what?

Did I say NATO and the EU are the same thing? I was arguing with a Russian propagandist who was trying to portray NATO as an army of occupation. I was pointing out that NATO membership was voluntary, therefore he cannot make a distinction between NATO and Europe.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Where did I mention Trump?

You seem to forget that any future CIA activity will be under Trump's direction.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Apologize for what?

Did I say NATO and the EU are the same thing? I was arguing with a Russian propagandist who was trying to portray NATO as an army of occupation. I was pointing out that NATO membership was voluntary, therefore he cannot make a distinction between NATO and Europe.

Yes you said exactly that

NATO is Europe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join