It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower just shredded Obama's 'Russian Hacker' narrative

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hello. I've read for a long time and love this site.

I needed to finally sign up and log-in to comment on this thread.

I understand that many/most in this community lean to the right of the political spectrum. I don't, but that's fine. I also understand it's mostly just a strong libertarian bent.

But, when I see a headline, assigning this to some plot by Obama, it just saddens me. The very real situation involved Obama doing far less than appropriate due to Russian meddling, all to not interfere in the election. That's just fact one you can reject it to keep your reality, that's fine.

The Clintons are horrible people and I certainly didn't want Hillary in the White House. But, just because that's a fact, doesn't mean that the Russian interest/near control of Trump isn't true. And it just dismays me that people willing to think critically, not accept what's handed to them, are not willing to accept the most obvious true "conspiracy" happening in front of their eyes.

People deny that Russians interfered. And yet, we know Trump's former campaign manager Manafort had such strong ties to Russia/Ukraine, he actually had to step down. We know Trump refuses to say one negative word about Putin, yet always willing to throw China under the bus. We know he just named the head of Exxon who Russia gave its top medal to, as Sec of State. Trump can't bank in the U.S., only Duetche extended some credit, limited out. Where is he to go to keep a cash flow running? Well, a recent study just showed that Putin, with his interests in Russian oil, banking, etc. likely makes him the wealthiest man in the world at 85 Billion.

The conspiracy happening right in front of our eyes is that the Russians have significant control of Trump and the reason they need it is to loosen up rules regarding their sale of oil around the world. Exxon CEO as Sec. State? Think critically.

If anyone read this entirely too long first post, thank you for your attention, and I welcome truly challenging opinion, but not simple slaps based upon nothing. Happy Festivus.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Azureblue

If Clinton kept all these state secrets on her home computer why did she keep it there and not in an official establishment.
How could she keep all this stuff without anyone knowing she's got it?

Makes me think it all had something to do activities which are restricted to the 0.5%

Shadow government, plausible deniability on the part of the rest.

They all go, what huh... you mean she single handedly invaded Libya, commanded the whole operation from a server in a laundry cabinet? My garsh.

No, of course not thats a rather poor quality thing to say. Clinton is simply part of a whole secret group who have an entirely different agenda which is likely to be very secret.

Why is no one asking what all these emails "relate to"? Is it because they all know it all relates to a very secret agenda and its not good for your health to ask?

Anyone who is not a paid poster or blinded and dumbed down by ideology would not find it difficult to ask themselves such questions if they were interested in finding the truth but I don't know whats happened in this case.

I always direct attention towards the email content instead of hacking and whodunnit deflection, for one. Additionally, thats my point, not being connected wth official channels, her "secret" server is an unofficial channel they can hide their shenanigans behind, then claim later they didn't know about it. Obviously. NATO bombed the crap out of Libya, weapons and insurgents were smuggled into and out of Libya (Ben Ghazi) in a multi organization, multi phase operation. All that stuff is classified though, on that very server.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I always direct attention towards the email content instead of hacking and whodunnit deflection, for one.

Of course you do, because you want to avoid the question: why did Russia want to intervene in the American elections? Why did they favor Trump?

Of course, you do not really examine the contents of the emails because they are in no way incriminating. Instead, you conjure up a list of phantom crimes, such as supplying arms to terrorists, that are not evidenced by the emails and explain their glaring absence as being due to their being "classified." Nice way to have your cake and eat it too.

I am looking forward to your posts as Mr. Trump assumes the office of the President of the United States. He made it clear that his aggression in the Arab world will make Obama's pale in comparison. Will you finally decide that "Killary" was the lesser of two evils after all?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zagmaniac

The conspiracy happening right in front of our eyes is that the Russians have significant control of Trump and the reason they need it is to loosen up rules regarding their sale of oil around the world. Exxon CEO as Sec. State? Think critically.

I think it possible that some members have long felt powerless because their world seemed to be controlled by invisible conspiracies they were not party to. Now I think they are delighted because, finally, they are inside a conspiracy.

This explains why blatant hoaxes like "pizzagate" have been thriving. After decades of believing that everything the mainstream media is a lie, the formerly disenfranchised are creating a new world with their own "fake news."

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Of course you do, because you want to avoid the question: why did Russia want to intervene in the American elections? Why did they favor Trump?

Thats the fake news everyone (well, most everyone) is tired of.

Russia stand has always open for business, Trump favors that kind of relationship instead of long held policy of containment and sanctions.

One direction leads to sharing and business the other, world war three. Easy choice for everyone (well, most everyone) to make. Shall we live together or perish?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Thats the fake news everyone (well, most everyone) is tired of.

No, that's the real news that the Russian Troll Army has been desperately trying to squelch. Fortunately, their efforts are in vain.

Russia stand has always open for business, Trump favors that kind of relationship instead of long held policy of containment and sanctions.

Interesting. What do you think needs to be "contained?" By the way, it was Putin who started using Russia's natural gas exports as a political weapon. Turnabout is fair play.

One direction leads to sharing and business the other, world war three. Easy choice for everyone (well, most everyone) to make. Shall we live together or perish?

One direction leads to a dictator further extending his power over his neighbors, threatening liberal democracy in Europe. The other, peace through a balance of power. Not an easy choice for some.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Interesting. What do you think needs to be "contained?"

Now play dumb.

Surrounding Russia with bases, troops and nukes since WWII and recently, expansion of NATO and more sanctions, is ongoing US foreign policy to contain Russia.

"Containment"

edit on 21-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Surrounding Russia with bases, troops and nukes since WWII and recently, expansion of NATO and more sanctions, is ongoing US foreign policy to contain Russia

Why on Earth would Russia need to be contained? They're not planning on extending their borders, are they? That's ridiculous.Finland and the Baltic States would love to rejoin the Russian Empire Federation!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Surrounding Russia with bases, troops and nukes since WWII and recently, expansion of NATO and more sanctions, is ongoing US foreign policy to contain Russia

Why on Earth would Russia need to be contained? They're not planning on extending their borders, are they? That's ridiculous.Finland and the Baltic States would love to rejoin the Russian Empire Federation!

That what empires always say.

Romans, Nazis, NATO: "Everyone just loves our occupation!"

You're right, Russia isn't threatening anyone.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So far the 'evidence' of a Russian hack amounts to Crowdstrike saying the found server information relating to a 'fuzzy bear' and a 'fancy bear' (or something similar) and a lot of non specific accusations from unnamed intelligence sources pushed by the media and left wing politicians. This is apparently "100% proof" that Russia gave Hillary's and Podesta's emails to wikileaks.

Given the lack of any factual presentations to support this conspiracy theory, the only standing conclusion is that Russia were not involved. I await for some evidence from the accusers.

Good OP by the way - makes sense that the most intrusive intelligence gathering apparatus in world history would already have evidence if any such hack ever took place.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I await for some evidence from the accusers.

Congressional hearings are in the works. You can ridicule them later.

Good OP by the way - makes sense that the most intrusive intelligence gathering apparatus in world history would already have evidence if any such hack ever took place.

Intelligence agencies are loathe to make public what they know. It can reveal their operational capabilities and make perceived enemies privy to their intelligence. That is what makes the Podesta leaks so dramatic. The FSN and GRU would not normally tip their hand like that. Using a bogus "amateur hacking group" for plausible deniability is an insult to our intelligence, pun intended. Note that out of all the emails they might have publicized, none of them contained classified information. They want us to keep guessing what their capacities really are. (Just as our intelligence services want the Russians to keep guessing.)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

That's what they're saying in Crimea.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

That's what they're saying in Crimea.

Yah okay, there it is, and you play like you don't know about endless 'cold' war provisions to contain Russia.

The Russian response to NATO encroachment in Eastern Europe was an act of defense. Besides they were already there in sevastopol for centuries.

We covered this before in how many threads? But do go on feigning ignorance and deflecting...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I await for some evidence from the accusers.

Congressional hearings are in the works. You can ridicule them later.

Intelligence agencies are loathe to make public what they know. It can reveal their operational capabilities and make perceived enemies privy to their intelligence. That is what makes the Podesta leaks so dramatic. The FSN and GRU would not normally tip their hand like that. Using a bogus "amateur hacking group" for plausible deniability is an insult to our intelligence, pun intended. Note that out of all the emails they might have publicized, none of them contained classified information. They want us to keep guessing what their capacities really are. (Just as our intelligence services want the Russians to keep guessing.)

Indeed. So when evidence is presented then we can draw some conclusions. Until then, there is no evidence at all that Russia hacked documents and gave them to wikileaks. Pretty simple state of affairs really.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The Russian response to NATO encroachment in Eastern Europe was an act of defense.

That's right... Stalin never took a bite out of Poland. The USSR never installed a puppet regime in Hungary and sent tanks in to secure it. Brezhnev never sent Soviet tanks into Czechoslovakia to quash the "Spring" of '68. Why are these countries now the most enthusiastic members of NATO, do you suppose. You yourself admit that Russian hegemony needs to be contained. Sending troops into Georgia and Ukraine was not defensive, it was naked aggression.

Now please don't try to deflect by pointing to America's own adventurism in the Arab world. At least I admit that it is happening, and ill advised. Why are you in such complete denial of Russia's role in the world?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Lol, stain is dead, the Soviets are gone, the Warsaw Pact disbanded.

NATO has since expanded into the vacuum left behind.

Now the US and EU (NATO) are the new Nazis...

See i knew you were a cold warrior. Thanks for at least admitting how stuck in the past you are.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Indeed. So when evidence is presented then we can draw some conclusions. Until then, there is no evidence at all that Russia hacked documents and gave them to wikileaks. Pretty simple state of affairs really.

You are hewing really closely to the Kremlin's "we may never know the facts" line. Do you completely reject the validity of strategic analysis? Given a set of facts (the emails were hacked and released anonymously) isn't it possible to examine the possible motives, then see who had those motives, the means, and the opportunity? Isn't that how one goes about solving a mystery... if one really wants it solved?

Russia had the motive, the means, and the opportunity. It is congruent with their previous modi operandi. Surely you admit that Russian intelligence agencies are the prime suspect? It explains not only the information released, but the information not released.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Lol, stain is dead, the Soviets are gone, the Warsaw Pact disbanded.

You're the one stuck in the past. Try to keep up:

ODKB, the Anti-NATO.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
And once again............

Whoever delivered those emails, does not change a single bit of what is in them..... does not change the ill doings of the people who wrote them.

The same could be said if similar emails were provided between Trump and co. But so far there are none, so deal with what is instead of what could be.

Alliegence to ANYONE should only extend to the point where they turn out to be corrupt # bags like Clinton turned out to be.
edit on 21/12/16 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

Whoever delivered those emails, does not change a single bit of what is in them..... does not change the ill doings of the people who wrote them.

Once again, there is no illegal activity revealed in the emails. On the other hand, hacking the emails is a crime. Don't you think criminals should be exposed and punished?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join