It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower just shredded Obama's 'Russian Hacker' narrative

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

You mean Russia might have flesh and blood spies? Who knew?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

You don't need to do it at a "ISP level" The NSA can and will simply limit itself to a person. All data passing through is linked to the IP address that the data stream originates from so all they have to do is use the IP adress for lets say hillary clintons server or all known IP addresses relevant to her. On top of that, a agency with such high budget allowances as the NSA who are able to build 2 billion dollar facilities surely are able to assign a decently sized team of people to shift through it as fast as possible if it wishes to give it priority.

A narus device splits of the fiber optic data stream and stream everything through. This includes the IP addresses. Would be rather pointless otherwise you wold just end up with billions of bits of data of which you can only confirm that they were part of a data stream but never know where they came from. In short you would only be able to say "that was accessed by someone at some point in time"

Look up William Binney on youtube and have a look at his talks it will be very insightful. Entire swat teams with full automatic weapons were sent out to arrest and intimidate him to make him shut up. Luckily he never did.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
NSA Whistleblower Destroys Obama's Russia Narrative - "Hard Evidence Points To An Inside Leak, Not Hacking"

William Binney a retired high ranking U.S. Intelligence Official who turned whistle blower in 2002 blew the whistle again, with the help of some true patriots.

A group of retired senior intelligence officials, including the NSA whistleblower William Binney (former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA), have posted an open letter on consortiumnews.com that destroys the Obama administration's "Russian hacking" narrative. Within the letter, Binney argues that, thanks to the NSA's "extensive domestic data-collection network," any data removed remotely from Hillary Clinton or DNC servers would have passed over fiber networks and therefore would have been captured by the NSA who could have then analyzed packet data to determine the origination point and destination address of those packets. As Binney further notes, the only way the leaks could have avoided NSA detection is if they were never passed over fiber networks but rather downloaded to a thumb drive by someone with internal access to servers.

and

Binney further notes that the manner in which the media's "sources" are equivocating by using phrases like "our best guess" implies that the NSA has not been able to trace the Hillary or DNC "hacks" across fiber networks. And, since the NSA tracks basically every packet that travels across U.S. networks, Binney concludes that it's effectively impossible that the WikiLeaks data came from a "hack."

or if you prefer:

Putin's credibility gets a shot in the arm and the possibility of a coup to overturn the election is DOA if this story goes viral.

William Binney (U.S Intelligence Official)

Great day for freedom.

This is a headshot for the MSM.

I am getting popcorn and expect to be laughing very hard very soon when i see their feeble attempts of spinning this around.

Like just a week ago where they tried to tell us that viewing wiki leaks is illegal , but for for them so we can learn about it from them instead see it for ourselves. That was a good one too.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Azureblue

If the Russians did all this hacking they are accused of then why has no Russian whistleblower emerged?

Because Russian hitmen are all over the world.

And in Russia there is no protection for dissidents.

Tell that to Edward snowden.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

The guy's past BS has been proven by reality itself to be BS.

just cuz he says what you want to hear doesn't make him credible by reality standards.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Maxatoria
The data packets might of been intercepted but the amount of data these days that passes along such fibre channels is massive and thus they would need to filter out the chaff to see the wheat.

Having sat and spent many an hour analyzing data streams all I can say is anyone who can do it for 8+ hours a day must have some serious skills and I was just doing it at the office level, to do that at the ISP level will be impossible due to the throughput of data, imagine i gave you a pen and paper and told you to record every car on the local freeway not just its reg plate but the make/model and a rough description of the driver......

You don't need to do it at a "ISP level" The NSA can and will simply limit itself to a person. All data passing through is linked to the IP address that the data stream originates from so all they have to do is use the IP adress for lets say hillary clintons server or all known IP addresses relevant to her.

And if the NSA traces the Podesta hack they get the same data that Trumps own cyber security team found...Fancy Bear aka Russian FSB.

motherboard.vice.com...

Right down to the effen Bitly Link that was left open long enough for Crowdstrike to follow to the Kremlin.

Embarrassing how folks pretend to be stupid around here to fit an agenda.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Iraqi WMDs was all Bush...the CIA docs that Bush ran with actually said the intelligence sucked.

Yeah right.

Did ya listen to that ?

The SAME people whining about Russia.

Doh!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't forget though, we needed an excuse to invade a country for oil. Because 19 Saudis killing 3000 citizens on 9/11 just wouldn't have cut it. Saudi Arabia doesn't have oil.

Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

This is essentially the same theory that I heard from a fellow who spent most of his military career as a cybersecurity expert. He believes that the "clues" left were purposeful, that is, to throw off any agency looking for the source of the leak. He did say however, that he thinks Israel and their security services were the most likely suspects if a hack even happened. If they found the material, they had good reason to want to derail Clinton's bid for the White House. He was speaking of agents within the security services, not the government itself. Plausible deniability, ya know?

It seems to me that the simplest explanation is that it was an internal leak. Most likely a Bernie supporter who was suspicious and put their talents to work to confirm/deny their suspicions that something was smelly.

HRC has gone from "It's all a vast right-wing conspiracy" when she was defending Slick, to "It's a vast Russian conspiracy." when she's caught doing equally nasty stuff to anyone who opposes her. At this point, what difference does it make??? The Donald, who apparently has a tech team that knows how to avoid being hacked, is going to be president.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Putin's got to be the Coolest President in Russian History.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

If the Russians did all this hacking they are accused of then why has no Russian whistleblower emerged?

Because Russian hitmen are all over the world.

And in Russia there is no protection for dissidents.

Tell that to Edward snowden.

You can't be that effen stupid and still be able to type.

Can you spot the difference between Putin sheltering Snowden and putin killing hundreds of his own dissidents?

edit on 20-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

If Clinton kept all these state secrets on her home computer why did she keep it there and not in an official establishment.
How could she keep all this stuff without anyone knowing she's got it?

Makes me think it all had something to do activities which are restricted to the 0.5%

Shadow government, plausible deniability on the part of the rest.

They all go, what huh... you mean she single handedly invaded Libya, commanded the whole operation from a server in a laundry cabinet? My garsh.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

And has an official statement from the NSA come out saying, "Yes, we analyzed the packet data and saw where it went." ?

Any in any case, the "hacks" weren't carried out by Russian military or government officials sitting in government offices in Moscow. Anyone that believes that, or tries to tell that story is misguided or just plain ignorant.

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

The hacks were done by third parties, or proxies to distance the Russian government.

It's like money laundering, you run the money though a middle man or intermediary to allow for "plausible deniability".

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Please excuse my naïveté concerning hacking if I'm off on this thought, but it seems like the word "hacking" has turned into an umbrella term for basically any form of computer data retrieval that was done without permission and most of the time (but not always, when the term is used extremely loosely) using privileged info or acquiring that info through nefarious means.

Many have mentioned the dnc staffer that died under mysterious circumstances. Maybe I've missed it, but I don't recall anyone on ATS or anywhere else raising the possibility that the staffer had possibly been compromised by the Russians or if any other dnc staffer had for that matter.

Russia and the United States both put a great deal of resources into "flipping" high value targets within each country'. I'm thinking this whole ordeal could be far less sophisticated then people are assuming and we are possibly simply dealing with Russian plants or individuals enticed by the lure of becoming rich.

Anyone found any info about this dnc staffer that looked suspicious? Or anything in his known history that's seems off?

The obama admin, CIA, NSA, etc. has done an extremely poor job providing evidence of Russian hacking. The lack of information coming out on this from the US government I believe at least raises the consideration that "hacking" is being loosely used here and that the reason that we've been provided within zero proof is that it could harm ongoing investigations in ways such as possibly tipping off the individual(s) responsible, compromising agents in the field, even possibly sabatoging classified straategiv operations (cue Edward Snowden NSA raillery).

Anyone else see any of what I'm saying as a plausible theory....bias aside?
edit on 21-12-2016 by Argus100 because: Added a sentence

edit on 21-12-2016 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   
TOLJA all.
Hillary SHOULD not have messed with the intel pukes because THEY would bite her ...THEY did.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If Clinton kept all these state secrets on her home computer why did she keep it there and not in an official establishment.
How could she keep all this stuff without anyone knowing she's got it?

Makes me think it all had something to do activities which are restricted to the 0.5%

Shadow government, plausible deniability on the part of the rest.

They all go, what huh... you mean she single handedly invaded Libya, commanded the whole operation from a server in a laundry cabinet? My garsh.

No, of course not thats a rather poor quality thing to say. Clinton is simply part of a whole secret group who have an entirely different agenda which is likely to be very secret.

Why is no one asking what all these emails "relate to"? Is it because they all know it all relates to a very secret agenda and its not good for your health to ask?

Anyone who is not a paid poster or blinded and dumbed down by ideology would not find it difficult to ask themselves such questions if they were interested in finding the truth but I dont know whats happened in this case.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Azureblue

Alexander Litvenko...X-KGB/FSB...Fled to London and got Asylum from the British Government and blew the Whistle on Putin Staging terrorist attacks in Chechnya..

Putin not only had him killed but did so in a way to send a message to everyone considering similar whistle-blowing and in a way that clearly bragged to the world that it was he who had him killed...Clear message and no doubt about the who and why.

Litvenko became the FIRST known murder victim involving Polonium ..aka Nuclear Material...and material with a signature conveniently leading back to the Kremlin.

British authorities identified the FSB agents who slipped the material into his food...and Putin immediately promoted them into government positions making them immune from extradition requests.

Here is Litvenko..

In his last statement he said about Putin:

...this may be the time to say one or two things to the person responsible for my present condition.

You may succeed in silencing me but that silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed.

You have shown yourself to have no respect for life, liberty or any civilised value.

You have shown yourself to be unworthy of your office, to be unworthy of the trust of civilized men and women.

You may succeed in silencing one man but the howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life.

May God forgive you for what you have done, not only to me but to beloved Russia and its people

What was your question again? Oh, that's right...Why hasn't anyone at FSB blown the whistle on Putin's hacking yet?

No doubt the reason the NSA, FBI and CIA are all on the same page about Putin directing the operation is that they have an asset inside team Putin...but we are never going to get a name until he is dead or farming rabbits in no name Idaho.

For effs sake...THAT...THERE..ABOVE...Is what Trumpites hero Putin does to "Whistle Blowers"..

Disgusting Putin love around here..

yea, good point but does the US and a dozen other countries not also engage in this same behaviour ?? but anyway, I am asking now why no Russian whistle blower has not come forward in relation to this particular matter?

As for 'Disgusting Putin love around here..' which would make good lyrics for a song by the way, I, like you see the world events as I see them. You do the same. Truth is perception and the truth is different for us all.

Moreover I am no more naive or less worldly wise than you. Am i correct in thinking that you either resent your govt being criticesd or is stretching statements just a stock in trade?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady
NSA Whistleblower Destroys Obama's Russia Narrative - "Hard Evidence Points To An Inside Leak, Not Hacking"

William Binney a retired high ranking U.S. Intelligence Official who turned whistle blower in 2002 blew the whistle again, with the help of some true patriots.

A group of retired senior intelligence officials, including the NSA whistleblower William Binney (former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA), have posted an open letter on consortiumnews.com that destroys the Obama administration's "Russian hacking" narrative. Within the letter, Binney argues that, thanks to the NSA's "extensive domestic data-collection network," any data removed remotely from Hillary Clinton or DNC servers would have passed over fiber networks and therefore would have been captured by the NSA who could have then analyzed packet data to determine the origination point and destination address of those packets. As Binney further notes, the only way the leaks could have avoided NSA detection is if they were never passed over fiber networks but rather downloaded to a thumb drive by someone with internal access to servers.

A group of retired people are guessing. Others have guessed the leak was internal. There is stilll evidence pointing at the Russians as those that gave the information to Wikileaks. This hardly destroys anything.
edit on 21-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
How about we talk facts and only facts. Trump won the election. Some group that left traces (accidentally or on purpose) that they were "Russian". The hacks at least appear to be originated in Russia, but this can be faked.

Now...Obama is threatening the Russian government and the left are claiming without ANY proof that the Russian government were involved in the hacking. Unless the USA has some info it has not produced, there is NO evidence the Russian government was involved. They best they have is Russian individuals (maybe...if not faked) and/or it originated in Russian territory (maybe...if not spoofed).

The "proof"...the facts need to prove that the Russian government was behind the hacks. That "proof" has not been promised, has not be submitted to Congress and therefore...until we know more...may not exist. Obama is calling the Russian government guilty of a crime without presenting any evidence to anyone except himself and his controlled agencies.

First...innocent until proven guilty comes to mind, but until the US government provides unquestionable proof and facts that the Russian government did...anything...it is just a theory.

As many of you on the left say...wanting something to be true does not make it true. Until this is proven, all of this is bull-crap and considering the source (the lying Obama administration) I will continue to give Putin the benefit of the doubt. The same as we give everyone else in the American legal system.

PS: And "NO" I won't take the word of the President nor the CIA, etc. They have lied to the American people numerous times before and that is fact. I don't take a liar's word for anything because...well...THEY ARE KNOWN LIARS!
edit on 12/21/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join