It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ramifications for humanity if there is no God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Does there have to be a god to experience another reality beyond this physical one we're in now?

Something or someone had to set that up.

Otherwise the END is the only thing.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How does it help I wonder..

It depends on what you mean by spirit quest.. by some definitions, life itself is a spirit quest.. god doesn't really have anything to do with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

How does it help I wonder..

It depends on what you mean by spirit quest.. by some definitions, life itself is a spirit quest.. god doesn't really have anything to do with it.

The spirits I'm referring to, don't have anything to do with GOD either. The quest is for knowledge only the spirits can tell you. It can get very tricky if you don't know what you are doing. It's not some BS video game....it's serious business.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Energy in any of its forms cannot disappear or dissipate, but actually just changes form. Like the chemical energy in a battery being transformed through the flashlight into light energy. Life is full of examples just like this. It's just that the human brain has a hard time imagining that reality may very well have no beginning or end.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
First and foremost does that make us bat# crazy?
Has our belief in God condemned us to extinction due to our believed destiny with God?

If there is no God is it all just a waste of time?

Post your thoughts.

We're all bat# crazy for a variety of reasons. But yes, it's further evidence of that fact.

God will be as absent in our extinction as he was during our lives.

It could be a waste of time.
We're both too dumb to understand, just like the billions who have failed to answer that question before us. And the billions more ahead of us that will continue to fail answering.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
To one man God is a supernatural being, to another it is the world itself. What matters is the salvation, the love, the humility the idea evokes, whatever shape or form it takes.

The ramification of losing god has resulted in nihilism and resentment in those who cannot otherwise find their own ways of salvation.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Yes.

If there is no God there is no point to living whatsoever. Why would I subject myself to the rampant stupidity of humanity, disease and heartache if there was no God? I would never have had a child if there was no God. There simply isn't any reason to live if there is no God...it is pointless.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
Of every waking hour
I'm choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt, lost and blinded fool, fool
Oh no, I've said too much
I set it up

Consider this
Consider this, the hint of the century
Consider this, the slip
That brought me to my knees, failed
What if all these fantasies come
Flailing around
Now I've said too much

I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

But that was just a dream
That was just a dream

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Xeven

There simply isn't any reason to live if there is no God...it is pointless.

Yep. Provided you base your worth on approval from a beardy sky lord.

If not, the world's your oyster.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

God will be as absent in our extinction as he was during our lives.

There are a lot of definitions of God, but probably the most generic one would be something along the lines of a "presence" that exists in all things.

I think that the reason a lot of people have a hard time believing in God is that they really don't like most other people's definition of what God is. They see more absence than presence of other people's God in their lives.

I wouldn't argue whether there is a God or not with someone because I wouldn't like their definition. But I would argue that there is a source that pushes energy in all its forms into our beingness, as well there is a pulling force that draws it back out and transforms it into something else.

Somewhere in there, we have a physical choice or ability to change the course of how exactly that energy is transformed.. call it what you like. Heaven or hell, out of body experiences, ghosts, spirits, aliens... Who can actually say what is possible and what's not.

Maybe this whole thing we call reality IS God, and it is wondering why WE are all so absent, now as well as in our extinction.

edit on 19-12-2016 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I know no one that views God in this way, but it works well if you want to mock others.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I think that the reason a lot of people have a hard time believing in God is that they really don't like most other people's definition of what God is. They see more absence than presence of other people's God in their lives.

You can water down the meaning until it's meaningless.

I think the lack of existence is the main issue.
Touching and seeing stuff is important.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

God isn't the problem. It's his followers that twist his divinity to fit their own man made ideology and personal agenda.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I know no one that views God in this way, but it works well if you want to mock others.

Does your god have less or more power than the beardy sky lord I'm thinking of?

The description is irrelevant, it could be a sky lord with sideburns and the point remains the same.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Growing up "Losing my religion" this was on the radio and MTV day and night.
Very pretty and catching song. As a young teen I'd sing along not giving any thought to the lyrics or how deep it was.

Today I realize, how the song starts: "Oh LIFE, is bigger, is bigger than you, and you are not me."

So really it's about the most important question that sadly goes to the background of exactly what the question is about.

What is THIS?

Then the answer is that God never made one single move to show himself, only in a dream.

So very very sad this song is. It's also the song of many people's dissolution with the idea of a relationship with God.

I am a Christian and I think there is more than enough evidence to not give up searching, from searching to believing, believing to trusting. Trusting to loving. Loving to obeying. Obeying in faith of glorious things to come.

I highly suggest Michael Heiser's book "Unseen Realm" for another look at the Bible. Whether Christian or whether you are just interested in odd views, ancient aliens, or just to understand other religions.

There is much hidden by our educational, political, and religious systems that don't have anything to profit by people loving and living as best they can like Jesus did, and also looking forward to a resurrection life, not this crappy one now.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
None . There will always be delusional idiots believing in imaginary skyfairies butchering each other over said skyfairy .

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
None . There will always be delusional idiots believing in imaginary skyfairies butchering each other over said skyfairy .

There will always be delusional idiots believing in imaginary skyfairies butchering each other over said skyfairy.

As a Christian, I agree wholeheartedly. I am against this kind of idolatry.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Has our belief in God condemned us to extinction due to our believed destiny with God?

Post your thoughts.

Yew belief in God is crazy and yes it will be what causes our extinction.
And no...when we are all gone no one is going to heaven.
We are the 6th major extinction event.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SelectStart
Growing up "Losing my religion" this was on the radio and MTV day and night.
Very pretty and catching song. As a young teen I'd sing along not giving any thought to the lyrics or how deep it was.

Today I realize, how the song starts: "Oh LIFE, is bigger, is bigger than you, and you are not me."

You should look up the word "evidence"

Love Rem though

So really it's about the most important question that sadly goes to the background of exactly what the question is about.

What is THIS?

Then the answer is that God never made one single move to show himself, only in a dream.

So very very sad this song is. It's also the song of many people's dissolution with the idea of a relationship with God.

I am a Christian and I think there is more than enough evidence to not give up searching, from searching to believing, believing to trusting. Trusting to loving. Loving to obeying. Obeying in faith of glorious things to come.

I highly suggest Michael Heiser's book "Unseen Realm" for another look at the Bible. Whether Christian or whether you are just interested in odd views, ancient aliens, or just to understand other religions.

There is much hidden by our educational, political, and religious systems that don't have anything to profit by people loving and living as best they can like Jesus did, and also looking forward to a resurrection life, not this crappy one now.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

no God = no death.

If there was no God, there would be no death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join