It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo Syrian Columnist: ‘Women to Blame’ for Sex Attacks for Being ‘Out Alone at Night’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It is never the woman's fault when she gets raped.

However, does one walk into a lion's den and then act surprised when the lion attacks and perhaps kills you?

Just because a thing shouldn't happen in polite society doesn't mean it won't.

It would behoove all people, not just women, to take responsibility for their own personal safety and:

- Travel in groups
- Learn unarmed self defense
- Arm yourself with a weapon of your choosing, and practice to become proficient in its use
- Be vigilant and maintain situational awareness

Don't ever assume that a stranger shares your morals, and just because you would never do something, that they wouldn't as well.

Be safe out there.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Soon the liberal media will start defending these crimes as "honor killings".

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Notice when these braves souls get the girl down and start to rip her cloths off she is still fighting... Until she gets kicked in the head twice..youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Should we be calling rape undocumented permission now?

I get so confused by what the left wants from us. Ze just needs to shut up and spread them, to show compassion and empathy for the plight of these peaceful, subjugated souls.
edit on 20-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
OK, to a certain extent he's right. A woman by herself shouldn't be out alone at night without some good provisions for her personal security.

I am afraid that comments like the above are a sign of a real problem.

Women should not need to take “precautions”. Men should change their behaviour. Women should not be harassed or attacked for doing what they are free to do.

The OP highlights the problem. Unfortunately there is a clash of cultures. These immigrants come from societies where women are treated very poorly indeed. They don't have a clue and don't seem to care that women in the civilised West are not what they want them to be. They are not “covered up”, silent and repressed.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
It is never the woman's fault when she gets raped.

However, does one walk into a lion's den and then act surprised when the lion attacks and perhaps kills you?

Just because a thing shouldn't happen in polite society doesn't mean it won't.

It would behoove all people, not just women, to take responsibility for their own personal safety and:

- Travel in groups
- Learn unarmed self defense
- Arm yourself with a weapon of your choosing, and practice to become proficient in its use
- Be vigilant and maintain situational awareness

Don't ever assume that a stranger shares your morals, and just because you would never do something, that they wouldn't as well.

Be safe out there.

Oh, you forgot one thing.

Not letting these assholes into your country in the first place.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

As if it is the only religion that has this...

“Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.” (Isaiah 13:15-16)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
But, Bacho... Our women used to be safe to go out alone at night, with very little chances of danger, until your people came along.

These drooling barbarians LITERALLY CANNOT RESIST raping a woman when they see a reasonable chance to get away with it. I am sure they cannot all be this way, but, for this amount of vile bahavior to be displayed, so soon... I mean, youd think they would all be on their best behavior, being welcomed into a country and given a chance at life. Youd think theyd be going door to door, offering to mow lawns and do housework free of charge out of sheer joy and be honored to be amongst such generosity...

Youd think they might be sitting there, thinking to themselves "Wow... How will we Ever be able to repay the Europeans for their kindness? I can hardly fathom how it will be possible! It will take several GENERATIONS of peace and goodwill and good old fashioned hard work on our part before we can ever feel fulfilled and finally take part in this wonderous society as full fledged and deserving Citizens of this great land!"

But how can they ever be thankful when they have the liberals whispering in their ears "the white man owes you a great deal... See all that they have kept your people from achieving? It's not your culture or savage form of religion that has held you back... No, its all The White Man! Now GO! Go take what is rightfully yours! Go conquer this entire continent, in the holy name of Allah! Rape and pillage at will! They deserve it after all they have done to you!"

Perhaps this IS their best behavior, and we should be thankful they are showing SOME restraint? I can't imagine this was tolerated in their own country? They would probably get shot in the street like a dog for this... Maybe they just see you Europeans as a bunch of pansies, cause you are being much too soft on them? They seem to forget, it took a long time, much bloodshed and hard work for you to become this civilized... Perhaps it would be more...reasonable.. to revert back to a more... medieval... mindset, when dealing with these people. A more Roman way of doing things. This may be a language they understand. You know, reopen the Colosseums. Bring back crucifixion as a method of execution.

I'm half-joking of course, but jeez, im just saying, it seems so out of control, you just have to wonder what will be necessary to coexist with this mode of thinking. It seems that you be nice and peaceful towards them, and they only become more brazen in their demands and their crimes against the citizens who are paying enourmous sums to try to help them.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
This is what OP said about liberals...

It makes me wonder what is going through the minds of so many liberals. They want more rights for women while they simultaneously support Islam.

The things you mentioned are terrible. (did you really have to pull an example from 1990 though? I am kinda glad you did though cause that one was just so bad, it was actually hilarious) But you are going waaay off topic buddy! Neither the OP or anyone said "its only a liberal thing" to defend rape.

OP said liberals want more rights for women while simultaneously supporting Islam.
Now, do you, or do you Not agree, with THAT statement!?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
First off lets tackle the male/female problem here. There is a fundamental and continuing misunderstanding or refusal to acknowledge the biological, hardwired differences between male and female of almost all animal species. Males are predominantly the fighters, the predators, and the murderers. It has always been this way, and it always will be. Society and civility have their place and their influence....but they are not enough to root out of our dna what we have done since the beginning.

I am a bible believing, "jack" christian and I happen to agree with the Syrian when he says women should not go out alone at night pretty much anywhere, even so called "safe" places. The simple reason being that, if there is ANY chance at all that there is a psychopath or criminal with the intent to do harm, they will almost always choose women (and men) who are alone and alone not in the day time, but alone at night. Now there are naturally exceptions to this generality. There are places in most cities where crime happens in the day time as well, but the standard rule holds true for night time excursions often enough that everyone, male and female, should exercise greater awareness and caution when they go out at night as in the day time.

As to issue of this being a liberal/progressive dichotomy, it most certainly is. Additionally, while caveats exist for most things, including painting liberals with a broad brush, the Liberals deserve to be spanked for their almost universal special treatment of Muslims as a protected group which isnt allowed to be criticized according to some BS victim hierarchy or whatever you want to call it. Islam is an IDEOLOGY....and as such it is deserving of any and all valid criticism just like any other ideology. That there are SOME progressives/liberals who are capable of being more detached and critical of Islam than what is found in the Mainstream is almost irrelevant, because I havent seen almost any of note, besides Bill Maher, who have used their platform to speak the truth about the inherent problems in Islamic ideology and culture. Therefore it is perfectly reasonable to treat liberals in general as refusing to call out the glaring problems of Islam in the media when most rational people of any political stripe can see them plain as day. The refusal to admit that Islam as a SYSTEM teaches the actual victimization and abuse of the most vulnerable members of any society it is found in is blatant ignorance bordering on philosophical criminality if not worse.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Profusion

For safety, women and men should go out in groups and learn self defense. In addition, they should learn how to use weapons and sadly Europe have very strict gun laws and in countries like Sweden you don't have the right to defend yourself.

I am not 100% sure, but Sweden usually have the same laws as in my country. But they have been in EU some time, so it may have changed.

I know in my country, we can defend ourselves and others from harm. Even kill to protect either yourself or others if you or others are lethal danger.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

so you think huffpost should be shunned and that reporter fired correct? Isnt the hip thing to do is boycott a publication that writes something like that? Post it all over the blogs? or should we simply slide this one under the rug.

The point is, Liberals attack conservatives about quotes like this all the time. IT is a great rallying cry. You have posted many that inflame liberals to hate all conservatives, when it is a certain group of hard core fundies only.
Now we as conservatives, libertarians, pro-western culturalist are pointing out these other instances and pointing out the real danger that is looming.
We point it out to liberals in hope they will renounce support for some very bad immigration policy and to distance themselves from this relgious-political ideology that is islam. These people are not like us.

WE would have thought that Sweden is proof enough.

And we are forward looking, we look at muslim birth rates and then western women birthrates. If the process is not stopped europe will be wearing hijabs and burkas in 2 generations.
The problems that arise when muslims start take taking up a larger percentage of a population are enormous, and well documented. Does anyone think a larger population of muslims in their country is good for women's rights?
And no I do hate US muslims, which are the most moderate in the world. the new refugees are nothing like them.

P.S. Let's keep the infinitely large issue of abortion off this topic.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't think anyone on the left would condone rape, ever, regardless of who is the assaulter!!
or maybe they would, I mean, I can find lots of articles, posts, ect, that show that even in the western world, if that assaulted happens to be a star quarterback for some college football team, oh hell ya, there will be people defending him left and right, there will be victim blaming and all the rest!
so why do you and others point out the "left"???
is it because we tend to try to protect groups of people from being all cast into the same basket as those that do such deeds....
but, wouldn't that be like saying all those college football players are rapists, since a couple have raped???

and just what will you expect us to do if the next group they decide to demonize in their attempt to remove rights from happens to include you???
do unto others as you would wish others to do unto you...
well, sorry, but if I were even cast as part of a group and then demonized by people wanting to round my group up.....
I most certainly would want some people outside of my group speaking up along side me!!!

as far as any women are at fault because they were out alone at night....
please bear in mind that most women, weather they like it or not, will find that they have to do just that at some point in their life, safe or not!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Notice when these braves souls get the girl down and start to rip her cloths off she is still fighting... Until she gets kicked in the head twice..youtu.be...

While Liberals spend all their time fighting made up rape statistics on college campuses, they completely ignore the "cultural enrichment" sweeping Europe. And people wonder why they are being voted out in spades.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join