It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HuffPo Syrian Columnist: ‘Women to Blame’ for Sex Attacks for Being ‘Out Alone at Night’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

A Syrian refugee columnist for the Huffington Post has said that women are mostly to blame for the New Year’s Eve sex attacks across Germany last year. Aras Bacho, 18, tweeted that women should not be out alone at night.

In a perhaps revealing statement about the attitudes of Syrian refugee men, Bacho — who writes frequently for the Huffington Post’s German website — said: “Most of the time the women are to blame. To be alone at night. On the other hand, the refugees should behave”.

LINK

Welcome to the stone age. That's the only way I can describe the mentality exhibited above. I don't know why people think pictures of cavemen hitting women with a stick and dragging them off are amusing, but that's exactly the kind of thing Aras Bacho is talking about. That's the view of the world he's espousing in 2016 AD not 30,000 BC.

It makes me wonder what is going through the minds of so many liberals. They want more rights for women while they simultaneously support Islam. Islam is the reason the worldview expressed in the article linked above exists.

What will it take for foolish liberals to wake up?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe the wives of the liberal need to be rapped on the streets? Idk, just deserts or receiving the same form of mistreatment? It's easy to say one thing about a situation that probably will never come to past in your immediate life.
Maybe the daughters of them liberals go out late to enjoy an innocent girls night out and they all get rapped and pregnant by Islamic or Shira men, oh how i wish to see those liberal fathers respond to their own family persecutions...

Women are to be treasured, respected & loved.
If you can't see them as equals (if not greater) then your still a dinosaur.

Better yet!? Let's get the mothers and sisters of those rapping innocent girls and have them violated, now how would those immigrant fathers and brothers see that action as? Well, my sister/daughters/wife is a whore? Let's stone her? It's their own fault?(not mine as a father to raise her better?) She has shamed us? I guess that'll help depopulation of a belief that is outdated and not accommodating to a better world.

Regards,
edit on th36Mon, 19 Dec 2016 19:36:40 -0600K2016124031pm12 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

OK, to a certain extent he's right. A woman by herself shouldn't be out alone at night without some good provisions for her personal security. But, these women out on New Year's Eve were hardly alone from my understanding. They were in crowds and some of them were with other women.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Do we now need any other reason than this to discount anything that Huffpo has to say? I know that I don't. All credibility lost

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Islam doesn't rape people, people who ______ _____ rapes people.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

For safety, women and men should go out in groups and learn self defense. In addition, they should learn how to use weapons and sadly Europe have very strict gun laws and in countries like Sweden you don't have the right to defend yourself.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What will it take for the willfully blind to take off their partisan shades and see the bigger picture? Ah... I digress, no Conservative EVER has said these things. Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope I'm spreading silly liberal lies!

1. “Rape is terrible. Rape is awful. Is it made any better by killing an innocent child? Does it solve the problem for the woman that’s been raped? We need to protect innocent life. Period.” -Kansas Governor Sam Brownback, declaring that raped women must be additionally forced to carry and give birth to their rapist’s baby against their will in front of an all male crowd at the National Catholic Men’s Conference, June 2007.

“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime.” -New Mexico State Rep. Cathrynn Brown, HB 206 language stating that rape victims would be charged and arrested for getting an abortion, January 2013.

Well, you can make the argument that if she doesn’t have this baby, if she kills her child, that that, too, could ruin her life. And this is not an easy choice. I understand that. As horrible as the way that that son or daughter and son was created, it still is her child. And whether she has that child or doesn’t, it will always be her child. And she will always know that. And so to embrace her and to love her and to support her and get her through this very difficult time, I’ve always, you know, I believe and I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you. As you know, we have to, in lots of different aspects of our life. We have horrible things happen. I can’t think of anything more horrible. But, nevertheless, we have to make the best out of a bad situation.” -Rick Santorum, stating that God sanctions rape to give women the “gift” of pregnancy, January 2012.

LALALALALALALALALALALALA but it's da liberals and just the liberals!

Here's my personal favorite.

“Abortion is never an option. At that point, if God has chosen to bless this person with a life, you don’t kill it.” -Missouri Republican central committee member Sharon Barnes, echoing Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock that rape is God’s way of blessing women with children, August 2012.

Cuz rape isn't that big a deal but don't you DARE get rid of a child a woman may be carrying against her will and due to rape.

“I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose they way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape… Uh, having a baby out of wedlock… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.” -Pennsylvania Rep. Tom Smith, comparing rape pregnancy to getting pregnant out of wedlock, August 2012.

LA LA LA LA LA but but but but but its only da LIBTARDZZZZ11!1!1!1!

“A life is a life, and it needs protected. Who’s going to protect it? We have to. I mean that’s, I believe life begins at conception. I’m not going to argue about the method of conception. It’s a life, and I’m pro-life. It’s that simple.” -Pennsylvania Rep. Tom Smith, saying that rape is just another method of conception, August 2012.

When life hands you lemons, make some lemonade. When someone rapes a woman, the woman should make the best of it!

“I think that two wrongs don’t make a right. And I have been in the situation of counseling young girls, not 13 but 15, who have had very at-risk, difficult pregnancies. And my counsel was to look for some alternatives, which they did. And they found that they had made what was really a lemon situation into lemonade.” -Sharon Angle, saying that a 13 year old who gets pregnant by her father should get over it and have the baby, July 2010.

“There are very few pregnancies as a result of rape, fortunately, and incest — compared to the usual abortion, what is the percentage of abortions for rape? It is tiny. It is a tiny, tiny percentage… Most abortions, most abortions are for what purpose? They just don’t want to have a baby!” -Maryland congressman Roscoe Bartlett, falsely claiming that rape pregnancy is rare, September 2012.

Sadly enough, I know the commonality of people that believe it's impossible or "very rare," to become pregnant due to rape LOLOLOL outright lies. BUUUUUUT clearly I'm spreading liberal lies.

“We do need to plan ahead, don’t we, in life? I have spare tire on my car. I also have life insurance. I have a lot of things that I plan ahead for.” -Kansas State Rep. Pete De Graaf, saying that women should plan ahead to be raped, August 2011.

Woman need to PREPARE themselves for being raped because you know, it's on the same level of keeping a spare tire lolololol.

I voted for Ron Paul, I really do enjoy many things he has to say - but, even he perpetuates this non-sense.

“If it’s an honest rape, that individual should go immediately to the emergency room, and I would give them a shot of estrogen.” -Ron Paul, echoing Todd Akin’s “legitimate rape” comment 7 months before Akin actually said it, February 2012.

and I know - this is a lot to read. I didn't use Twitter tweets or memes so I don't expect many to read it.

If a man rapes his wife, it's all good! He shouldn't have to face any charges!

“When you enter into a marriage, you enter into a contract for all sorts of different things with your spouse. Why should we take it to a Class 2 felony and put a husband away who’s been a good husband for however many years … based off of something that was OK in a marriage up until that point?” -Arizona State Rep. Warde Nichols, equating spousal rape to consensual sex, March 2005.

LOL no comment on this one.

“Rape is kinda like the weather. If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.” -Texas Gubernatorial candidate Clayton Williams, March 1990.

But but but this only applies to libtards!!1!1!

Bill O' Reilly - what a classy man.

“Now Moore, Jennifer Moore, 18, on her way to college. She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at two in the morning. She’s walking by herself on the West Side Highway, and she gets picked up by a thug. All right. Now she’s out of her mind, drunk.” -Bill O’ Reilly, claiming that a murdered rape victim was asking to be raped because of the way she dressed, August 2006.

Because woman can't get raped! It's consensual, even if they don't know it!

“I think that when you get married you have consented to sex. That’s what marriage is all about, I don’t know if maybe these girls missed sex ed.” -Eagle Forum President Phyllis Schlafly, saying that men can force their wives to have sex against their will, March 2007.

BUT ITZ DA LIBERALSSS!!1!1

Lawrence Lockman. His twisted words and thoughts, NOT mine:

“If a woman has (the right to an abortion), why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?” Lockman said in a press statement. “At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t (in most cases) result in anyone’s death.”

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why weren't they making Falafel?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I ran out of space on my last comment - there are A LOT of conservatives who hold the beliefs that:

Women cannot become pregnant due to rape.
If they do become pregnant (hipocrocy lol), they should carry the child.
If a woman has the right to an abortion, a man has the right to overpower a woman and rape her. (LOL WTF can't make this up)

Again - my post was a long one and I don't expect anyone to read it. It actually contains substance and a NUMBER of quotes, ALL from conservatives.

But by all means, continue the partisan trolling for absolutely no reason (for Stars and Flags LOLOLOLOL).

Sorry to come up in here and bust up the liberal bashing thread but don't be a #ing child and close your eyes to the MYRIAD of available content out there that PROVES that Conservatives ALSO hold some pretty #ed up views on rape.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Seems like that side topic ought to be its own thread.

How this is even a left/right issue blows my mind.

It should be about basic morals; decency; ethics; common sense; etc.

Even a sociopath could figure this out.

It almost looks like you're deflecting the actual topic, which would then represent defending it in something on par with passive aggressivism (there ought to be a proper term for this by now?). Maybe we'll call it just that: Passive AggressivISM.
edit on 19-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I read it mate.

& I didn't think the quote in the OP could be topped, but at least he said "refugees should behave".

The ones you quoted just ran with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yeah, I know. I hate babies too.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Seems like that side topic ought to be its own thread.

How this is even a left/right issue blows my mind.

It should be about basic morals; decency; ethics; common sense; etc.

Even a sociopath could figure this out.

It almost looks like you're deflecting the actual topic, which would then represent defending it in something on par with passive aggressivism (there ought to be a proper term for this by now?). Maybe we'll call it just that: Passive AggressivISM.

I'm doing exactly what OP is doing (except better).

This has NOTHING to do with left/right. It has to do with women being raped - AGAINST their will.

OP claims this is a "liberal thing." I proved him wrong.

My girlfriend was raped (long before I knew her, when she was younger and know it was not at a party it was a family member) so yeah, this topic hits close too home.

For someone to make a joke "thread," like this and say "it's only liberals," get a #ing grip on reality.

I wrote a 27 pager on America's rape culture in college and it opened my eyes up.

To even suggest this is isolated to one specific partisan party is a joke.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's not, though some, by all appearances, can't see that, they will have their ideology right out front in all matters.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I read it mate.

& I didn't think the quote in the OP could be topped, but at least he said "refugees should behave".

The ones you quoted just ran with it.

The rape shaming in Amerika is a joke.

Placing the blame of rape to the victim rather than the rapist is nothing new.

It also has nothing to do with partisan identity. With that said though, I specifically used ONLY Conservatives to dismantle OP's very, very poor attempt at political partisan trolling.

As of late on ATS - anything that makes liberals look bad is EATEN UP, anything that makes conservatives look bad is SHUT DOWN.

Fight fire with fire. Ignorance and partisan hyperbolizations is clearly the way to go.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It is a liberal thing to defend the Islamists and their Rape Culture. I see conservatives having added cause considering how insane the liberal feminist crowd goes literally INSANE about any semblance of sexism etc etc over here in our own culture, but then sticks up for this kind of Islam thing.

Ill tell ya, for the next week I'm going to try to think of something that is more insane than that. Right this moment I cant, and I've thought a great deal about all this this year especially since very time someone posts one of the Islam's Rape Culture stories the resident liberal's come in going nuts defending them (even when its not directed at them).

In this case it's sort of the liberal equivalent of Breitbart (in terms of bias), who is pumping out this sick barbaric insanity and they deserved to get called out for it. Like he said: WELCOME TO THE STONE AGE.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It is a liberal thing to defend the Islamists and their Rape Culture. I see conservatives having added cause considering how insane the liberal feminist crowd goes literally INSANE about any semblance of sexism etc etc over here in our own culture, but then sticks up for this kind of Islam thing.

Ill tell ya, for the next week I'm going to try to think of something that is more insane than that. Right this moment I cant, and I've thought a great deal about it this year especially since very time someone posts one of the Islam's Rape Culture stories the resident liberal's come in going nuts defending them (even when its not directed at them).

In this case it's the liberal version of Breitbart pumping out this sick barbaric insanity and they deserved to get called out for it. Like he said: WELCOME TO THE STONE AGE.

I don't live in the Stone Age. I live in the real world.

Breitbart is a laughing stock with an accuracy rating that's abysmal.

I don't care about "Islamists and their rape culture," I don't live there and contrary to the unfounded fear mongering they're Sharia Law is NOT coming to America.

People in Amerika get butthurt when a movie has a lead female role and start going off about the "PC craze."

I'm not an Islamist, nor do I care to join ANY sort of cult, so your point is lost on me.

Was your reply supposed to be some thinly veiled insult at me claiming that I'm a liberal and defend Islamists and their rape culture?

It so, then you're a #ing idiot. I've voted once and for Ron Paul so you tell me where I stand politically.

OP makes a VERY broad statement about "liberals." I made a VERY broad statement about "conservatives."

It's funny how only my comments are the ones getting people all worked up.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Dude, you're in here defending HuffPo who is being criticized for this rape culture smut they're propping up.

Are you going to act like HuffPo is the voice of reason but Breitbart is the pits of journalism in comparison?? Just because you hate the perspectives of a source doesn't make them an actual turd, yet I swear I see you guys derail every single thread that mentions Breitbart / Infowars / etc at far FAR beyond the rate I see the other crowd smearing HuffPo. If this were an Infowars thread (the conspiracy news guy) there'd already be about 12 posts from your brethren in here by now derailing the topic (in this here conspiracy forums), and the posts would be ONLY about Infowars etc and not the actual content.

Say it aint true with a straight look on your emoji's face!!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Nope.

Islam advocates rape as is made clear in the Quran and Hadiths.

Just one of many satanic verses:

FROM THE QURAN - 33:50
"Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives whom you have granted dowries and the slave girls whom God has given you as booty;..."

And of course it was founded by a psycopath who raped a nine year old little girl.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

#TRIGGERED

Lol. Exposition of total hypocrisy does the trick every time.

So it's deflect, deflect, deflect while having a Tourette's flare-up.

Doesn't it ever get tiring?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join