It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: RomeByFire

I'm thinkin' you're being just a tad bit selective in your outrage...

The drive byes are virtually 50-50 by now.

They aren't 50-50. The right is LOUDER on ATS and they jump in on unrelated threads with politics constantly.
I can report more, if you like.

Hmm sounds a bit like you actually.

No and that'as not even right with a

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: reldra

One man's landslide is another man's boring day.

When you find a landslide in this elecion, show me.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

How dare you! You're "filled with hate!" You're so smug! Yadda yadda. In other threads he'll be pretending to have some sort of moral high ground. Because, you know, self-righteous indignation and hypocrisy.
edit on 2016-12-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

3 of those 4 faithless Democratic electors in Washington voted for Colin Powell. Seems there was a strategy at work there. Had Trump not gotten to 270, it would have gone to the House. The House would have had to choose from among the three people with the most electoral votes. Colin Powell would presumably have been an alternative for the GOP-controlled House.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My outrage? Lol who said anything about being outraged? Believe me man, I have actual life issues to be outraged over - not some strangers opinion on the Internet, lol.

The drive-by's are not 50-50, I would personally wager something like 35-65.

Oh - and for what it's worth, it happens every four to eight years. I joined up ATS during a Democratic win in the election and believe me, it was a Dems world. There were a number of posters who I absolutely detested for their love for Obama but ATS members gave them stars for any comment regardless of content.

In other words, each and every time the Presidency switched to Republican or Democrat, the nation reflects that. The thing is... I VEHEMENTLY spoke out against Obama, specifically his drone program. I protested up in Chicago in 2012 for the G2 summit. Do you know what that is? Who meets/attends there? The vast majority of Americans don't. The vast majority of people I met up there (who were not protesting) looked down us, spit on us, stole our things, and ended up burning those things forcing us to leave. I wonder how many ATS keyboard warriors were there.

The thing is... no one wanted to hear it. Nope. Nope. Nope. Can't happen. It was all Bush's fault!

And now fast forward to 2016. I can't STAND Hillary Clinton. I also can't stand Donald Trump.

I speak out about Donald Trump, and people don't want to hear it. Nope. Nope. Nope. Liberal lies! Fake news! Paid CTR/government shills!

What am I getting at here? This is a mirror image of 2008/2012, in my opinion, the only difference is it is now a Republicans world.

I'm just tired of Democrats AND Republicans constantly saying, "But this time, it'll be different!"

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again whilst expecting different results.

D's and R's are insane. It only makes sense that the people they want in charge are also insane. Genocidal tyrants (Bush/Obama, for instance). Masters of monetary manipulation (Wilson signing the Fed. Reserve Act in 1913).

"But this time, it's gonna be different!"

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Donald Trump Celebrates ‘Historic Electoral Landslide Victory’ (Again)

“Today marks a historic electoral landslide victory in our nation’s democracy,” he said in a statement.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

And if you actually give him a chance to get in office, then the daily beatings will be fine, but since he isn't the president yet, it's a bit premature to harp on him daily for his poor job in that office.

He has been able to make money over the years, there is a slim chance he has an idea and is building a cabinet that will make some things happen. But you will have to give it more than -50 days to find out. Lets start with 2 and work up from there.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: y

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

How many of those votes are by illegals and ineligible voters though? I mean we are talking about California

"How many of Trump votes are by illegals and ineligible voters though? I mean we are talking about Texas."

See how stupid this argument is if you have no evidence to back it up?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DanDanDat

3 of those 4 faithless Democratic electors in Washington voted for Colin Powell. Seems there was a strategy at work there. Had Trump not gotten to 270, it would have gone to the House. The House would have had to choose from among the three people with the most electoral votes. Colin Powell would presumably have been an alternative for the GOP-controlled House.

Hey someone not trying to bash Clinton or the DNC noticed the true goal behind most of the faithless electors.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Donald Trump Celebrates ‘Historic Electoral Landslide Victory’ (Again)

“Today marks a historic electoral landslide victory in our nation’s democracy,” he said in a statement.

Landslide equals having more Americans vote for your opponent while losing seats in house and senate. Man I knew the GOP were crazy but I didn't think they were this bad.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Trump doesn't have a mandate? Do you realize the losses the Democratic Party has suffered over the last six years? Republicans control EVERYTHING. The Democrats have been ran off from the table nationwide in Federal and State elections.
The mandate has never been greater. Make America Great Again.

No. He squeaked by and lost the popular vote. That's not a "mandate." It's true that the GOP has made some state gains, but they do not control EVERYTHING as you maintain, and besides, be careful what you ask for. In my state the DEMS still control, and when you get to the county and city level it's the DEMS who control EVERYTHING. At a very fundamental level, nothing has changed at all.

I would be very careful about your euphoria. I doubt it will last as far as January 19th. Further, Trump will find, just as Obama did, that change is very hard to actually DO.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

After casting his vote for his wife, Bill Clinton called the moment bittersweet since she won all of New York’s 29 electoral votes but lost the presidency to Donald Trump.

What???

I realize that Bill Clinton could only be an elector for the state if the choice of the state was the Democratic candidate,
but how is it ok for an elector to be the husband of one of the candidates?

What if Sanders had been the candidate. Would he still have voted for his wife?

source

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

My outrage? Lol who said anything about being outraged? Believe me man, I have actual life issues to be outraged over - not some strangers opinion on the Internet, lol.

The drive-by's are not 50-50, I would personally wager something like 35-65.

Oh - and for what it's worth, it happens every four to eight years. I joined up ATS during a Democratic win in the election and believe me, it was a Dems world. There were a number of posters who I absolutely detested for their love for Obama but ATS members gave them stars for any comment regardless of content.

In other words, each and every time the Presidency switched to Republican or Democrat, the nation reflects that. The thing is... I VEHEMENTLY spoke out against Obama, specifically his drone program. I protested up in Chicago in 2012 for the G2 summit. Do you know what that is? Who meets/attends there? The vast majority of Americans don't. The vast majority of people I met up there (who were not protesting) looked down us, spit on us, stole our things, and ended up burning those things forcing us to leave. I wonder how many ATS keyboard warriors were there.

The thing is... no one wanted to hear it. Nope. Nope. Nope. Can't happen. It was all Bush's fault!

And now fast forward to 2016. I can't STAND Hillary Clinton. I also can't stand Donald Trump.

I speak out about Donald Trump, and people don't want to hear it. Nope. Nope. Nope. Liberal lies! Fake news! Paid CTR/government shills!

What am I getting at here? This is a mirror image of 2008/2012, in my opinion, the only difference is it is now a Republicans world.

I'm just tired of Democrats AND Republicans constantly saying, "But this time, it'll be different!"

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over again whilst expecting different results.

D's and R's are insane. It only makes sense that the people they want in charge are also insane. Genocidal tyrants (Bush/Obama, for instance). Masters of monetary manipulation (Wilson signing the Fed. Reserve Act in 1913).

"But this time, it's gonna be different!"

Wow you actually made a sign and stood outside for a few days?? You are indeed a liberal warrior.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DanDanDat
www.npr.org...

more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of seven to two, as of Monday afternoon

... Clinton losses (or could have lost; had it been allowed) more votes between election day and now.

Does this further support Trump's mandate?

I don't think Trump has much of a mandate, but it IS funny that there were more Clinton defectors than Trump defectors. Those protests obviously did some good!

Don't forget - Trump won the popular vote in 60% of states; Clinton only won the popular vote in 40% of states. I'd be comfortable calling that a mandate.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Landslide equals having more Americans vote for your opponent while losing seats in house and senate. Man I knew the GOP were crazy but I didn't think they were this bad.

I sincerely doubt more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Pyle

I sincerely doubt more Americans voted for Clinton than Trump.

I just checked the vote totals.

Trump 62,979,636 or 45.96%
Clinton 65,844,610 or 48.05%

If you have any information about problems at the polls or election/voter fraud please forward that information to the FEC.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DanDanDat
www.npr.org...

more electors tried to defect from Hillary Clinton Monday than from Trump, by a count of seven to two, as of Monday afternoon

... Clinton losses (or could have lost; had it been allowed) more votes between election day and now.

Does this further support Trump's mandate?

I don't think Trump has much of a mandate, but it IS funny that there were more Clinton defectors than Trump defectors. Those protests obviously did some good!

Don't forget - Trump won the popular vote in 60% of states; Clinton only won the popular vote in 40% of states. I'd be comfortable calling that a mandate.

Believe me, I am well aware of what happened where and I completely support the Electoral College concept, but if you are really impressed with the numbers, you're not drilling down into what happened very far. The numbers you stated are superficial. For example, it's very true Trump won Michigan. Out of 4.5 MILLION votes, he won by about 10,000. Are you claiming that's a "mandate"? Spin it that way if you want, but I don't think so. In states where Clinton won, she tended to win huge. In California she got nearly 9 million votes to Trump's 4.5 million. Twice as much. Where Trump won, he tended to win by much smaller margins. it's still a win, and it reflects a campaign strategy that worked, but the popular vote was 51 to 49%. Not a mandate. Oh, wait! It was Clinton who got the 51%. Mandate? I don't think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join