It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California main reason for Clintons popular vote win

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
They'll need to rename it as The State of Chaos. I have no love for snowflakes or anything they have to say.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

No, illegal immigrants cannot get a driver's license in Tx. However to vote you can give a utility bill or some form of ID that shows you live in the state.

When i go to vote I show my driver's license as well as my voter registration card.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: carewemust

We'd lose a couple trillion in GDP...but California would lose Nevadas water supply.

Not to mention the defection of El Dorado, Placer, and Nevada county. They all border Nevada state and would want to stay in the union. Plus, Lake Tahoe borders both CA and NV. CA would try to lay claim, but the Truckee river flows back into NV.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

More American citizens voted for her, than him. End of story.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

I guess it's only a bad thing until you win, right?

You would be right.....if the U.S. was a democracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

That is the general Trump voter stance. On many things.

Trump is right and let me tell you why he said this. Some people think that the U.S. is a democracy. But, being that it's not and one of the things that make it NOT a democracy is the electoral college, the existence of the electoral college is disastrous to their so called democracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma

Trump will be your president. End of story.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Trump is right and let me tell you why he said this. Some people think that the U.S. is a democracy. But, being that it's not and one of the things that make it NOT a democracy is the electoral college, the existence of the electoral college is disastrous to their so called democracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Before you go where I know you're going with this,

The definition of Democracy covers a Republic.

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

So why bother calling Trump wrong?

It's called a false dichotomy. Saying one thing is true, doesn't mean another thing can not also be true.

If you said "Pure Democracy" sure, much less dishonest, but sometimes I wonder if people already know this just calling it a non-democracy.

Edit: wow he got 4 posts in
I type slow
edit on 21-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

He is wrong. The Electoral College is genius and perfect for the United States. Donald should review its purpose and its perfection. I bet he has or will and will change his mind.

He didn't mention the United States, he said "for a democracy".

The U.S. isn't a democracy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Before you go where I know you're going with this,

The definition of Democracy covers a Republic.

de·moc·ra·cy
dəˈmäkrəsē/
noun
a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

So why bother calling Trump wrong?

It's called a false dichotomy. Saying one thing is true, doesn't mean another thing can not also be true.

If you said "Pure Democracy" sure, much less dishonest, but sometimes I wonder if people already know this just calling it a non-democracy.

Edit: wow he got 4 posts in
I type slow

Wrong, the U.S. is not a democracy, it is a Republic a democracy wouldn't have an electoral college.

ETA:

The Pledge of Allegiance includes the phrase: "and to the republic for which it stands."

Nuff said.
edit on 12/21/2016 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: neo96

That would certainly go for votes in Texas, NM, AZ as well all who have a large illegal population. It would also go to imply illegals are voting everywhere esp where voting laws are lax.

After obama told illegals that voting makes them a citizen, a group of 40 were arrested in some county in Ca.

Would you mind looking up that story? It's not that I don't believe you, I just want it doe future reference.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

It's not as simple as that and you know it. End of story.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

More Americans IN CALIFORNIA voted for her, than him. End of story.

Fixed that for ya.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Riffrafter

California is not the main reason for Clinton's popular vote win.

California is the *ONLY* reason.

If you add up the popular vote totals for *all* other 49 other states combined - Trump wins the popular vote.

And that includes NY where Clinton had a very large margin of victory.

Neither CA nor any other single state or two gets to pick the President of the United States. We are the 50 United STATES of America.

Period.

Texas is the *ONLY* reason.

If you add up the Electoral vote totals for *all* other 49 other states combined - Trump loses the Electoral vote.

And that includes Florida where Trump had a very small margin of victory.

Neither TX nor any other single state or two gets to pick the President of the United States. We are the 50 United STATES of America.

Period.

Er, no they don't. Even without Texas' 34 electoral votes, Trump still got 270. He received 304 electoral votes. 304-34= 270. Besides the fact if Texas wasn't included the threshold required to win would be smaller anyway. So it's not comparable to the CA popular vote because stating that Clinton won the popular vote because of and only because of CA is a fact. I won't even get into the de facto Conservative voter suppression that goes on in California, but suffice to say, when I looked at the preliminary numbers a few days after the election(so perhaps numbers have changed): If party lines are any indication of Presidential preference, despite Registered Republicans being outnumbered almost 2:1 by Democrats, MORE REPUBLICANS stayed home this year in California than did Democrats. Because they know their choice (Trump) will NEVER WIN a blue state like California. If we went by popular vote, Trump would likely easily had several million more votes from California alone, not to mention other heavily populated blue states like NY, IL, NJ, etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scauma

May I ask you a question? Did you, if you are an American citizen, ever take a civics class in school?

If so, how did you miss the fact that the popular vote nationwide means nothing. It's like being voted nicest girl/guy in Jr. High, utterly without consequence in the real world, and it was designed that way on purpose by men who were much, much smarter than the vast majority of us today, by all appearances.

The only popular vote that means anything in within each state. Study the returns, and you'll notice that where she who shall not be named won the popular vote, she got the electoral votes. Where Trump won (shudder) the popular vote, he got the electoral votes. He won. As the Founding Fathers in their collective genius planned for.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join