It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California main reason for Clintons popular vote win

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Anti-Christ?

Like Obama was the Anti-Christ?

It helps if you don't believe in stone age fairy tales.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

I guess it's only a bad thing until you win, right?

He is wrong. The Electoral College is genius and perfect for the United States. Donald should review its purpose and its perfection. I bet he has or will and will change his mind.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

People are allowed to change their views, aren't they?

Whether rightly or wrongly...

Since I disagree with him fully as much as I agree with him...

Both???

Since I didn't vote for the guy, or his main opponent who shall be nameless, and voted for a guy who didn't even clear one percent in my state...I'm willing to give him his chance.

In two years there is a bit of a referendum on his first term...the mid terms.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
The entire west coast was written off by Trump. He knew he could never win California, Oregon, and Washington. So he did not campaign there or spend any money there. That doesn't mean if he had done so he wouldn't have persuaded some votes in his favor, but once again the math said it would be a waste of money, so he "allowed" California to amass it's millions of votes for Clinton.

He did rallies in Oregon (won 39.09% of vote), Washington (won 38.07% of vote), and California (won 31.62% of vote). Many of the Cali rallies had YUUUUGE protests. Oregon was lost by only 11%. He'll double down in 2020.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

To be sure. It is said that 'change is growth'.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Like Obama was the Anti-Christ?

He was the AC.

He thought our rights come from him.

Where our rights come from the creator.

And he is not the creator.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Interesting thread.

Just like all the political threads though, you all have blinders on to your own party. This goes for both parties.

Liberals counterbalance the conservatives and vice versa. We need both points of view when they're really liberal/progressive and really conservative. I would say that we don't even know that liberal and conservative even mean.

We think that all liberals are baby killers and hate guns and all conservatives believe in War, big corporations and a 6,000 year old earth. Neither are true though.

We also think that a liberal politician will look out for the little guy with welfare and social programs and not be in the pockets of big corporations and wall street like Hillary Clinton. And we think that all conservative politicians want less taxes and smaller government but that never happens, didn't happen under Reagan or either of the Bushes so...?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: RazorV66
How are the secession talks going out there in Cal?
Are they getting close to really doing it?, is there any way I can help to speed up the process?
California - the capital of Liberal mental illness

I have never heard that California wants to secede. People form Texas and people in the Texas state government have said it many times, though.

In a recent poll, Trump voters stated that California shound't have been nor should be, in future, included in the popular vote. ATS

Technically Texas is not a State . They were voted in to the Union by Congress. They never ratified it in the State itself .

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Oh he just mis-spelled "Democrats".

Trump is clever and knows how to trigger.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
T. . . so it was working "smart" instead of "hard." You can see the difference in how much money both campaigns spent. Trump ran a much leaner campaign in terms of both staff and expenses than Clinton.

And he will work smart for All Americans as he goes into office. Even those who did not vote for him will benefit from his "smart" moves he will make the next four years and if it goes well he will win another four years.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: Gothmog
California , Washington , and Oregon. But of course we knew beforehand how the "Left Coast" would vote.No surprise there . But , Trump did pick up 4 "faithless electors" from Washington State.

Perhaps more accurately, Hillary lost 4 faithless electors.

actually 5 now

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump is clever and knows how to trigger.

Well it was a disaster for Trump critics.

Not once, but TWICE!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
the electoral college didn't actually have such a noble purpose like equality among states originally, it was only introduced to persuade newer less populated states to join the union and to give incentive for future expansion through creation of new states, it was a tool meant to help insure the success of manifest destiny. it was really a stroke of luck that such a mechanism was put in place.
edit on 19-12-2016 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"" California main reason for Clintons popular vote win ""

Good thing Ben Franklin had foresight.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

California, yeah go ahead and see if they let you secede. The south tried and was crushed.

The only reason the War Of Succession was fought was because the South produced food and cotton for the North . In return, the South received manufactured goods. There was a tariff on all goods that were sold in the North but no reciprocal tariff for goods sold by the North to the Southern States.The South was "losing money" on interstate trade. And the Federal Government took the stance it was ok to do . Instead of committing to a balance under their Interstate Trade powers. So , instead of losing their "revenue" and trade goods from the Southern States , a war was declared

There is no legal reason (other than a brief put forward by Justice Scalia) that a State cannot secede from the Union. It is a mere question how far the US Federal Government will go to stop it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He is wrong. The Electoral College is genius and perfect for the United States. Donald should review its purpose and its perfection. I bet he has or will and will change his mind.

Yes, he did change his mind. Apparently after he won

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

You are so correct, (started to say right but thought better) and that is why I am independent even tho I voted Trump this time around.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not a terrible theory given his track-record in spelling his 'best words' lol

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very true thread. I have thought that way right after all the Chaos started after the election. California also has lax rules governing voters, They do not need a picture ID.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: Gothmog
California , Washington , and Oregon. But of course we knew beforehand how the "Left Coast" would vote.No surprise there . But , Trump did pick up 4 "faithless electors" from Washington State.

Perhaps more accurately, Hillary lost 4 faithless electors.

actually 5 now

Wow. With all the money, threats and celebrity ads, she not only doesn't flip anyone to her, but loses 5. If the campaign can't admit they aren't in touch with America now, they never will.

I honestly believe the behavior of the Dem's have turned many Dem's off and they are peaking thought the veil that was thrown over us all long ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join