It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EC Voting Almost Over, Can We Talk About Russian Intervention Now?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You're going to be waiting for a long time.

The alphabet agencies will probably never release any information and slap some "national security," BS on it.

It's like what they did with 9/11. "We know, but we don't have to tell you. We don't have to tell you because it's for your own safety. Telling you (the American people) could jeopardize national security."

Why people are acting like the government doing shady # is something new or isolated to one specific partisan party is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Konduit
It wasn't Russia that tried to influence the election.

It was SNL, Colbert, John Oliver, George Soros, Saudi Arabia, CNN, NYT, WaPo, Twitter algorithms, Illegals voting etc. - LET'S HAVE A REAL INVESTIGATION.

Lol! I think this is what is called "butthurt".

I know... and they're still going!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Actually, there has been a bipartisan call for an investigation. The only folks who are not interested in getting to the truth of the matter seem to be President-elect Trump and his supporters (who fear his election being viewed as illegitimate) and Putin sympathizers.

Here's a list of some of the Congressmen who have all said that an investigation is in order in public statements:

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R)
Sen. Chuck Shumer (D)
Sen. John McCain (R)
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R)
Sen. Jack Reed (D)
Sen. James Lankford (R)
Sen. Bob Corker (R)
Sen. Rand Paul (R)
Sen. Cory Gardner (R)
Rep. Paul Ryan (R)
Rep. Lois Frankel (D)
Rep. Ted Deutch (D)
Rep. Michael McCaul (R)
Rep. Eric Swalwell (D)
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D)
Rep. Adam Schiff (D)

Clearly outgoing ML Harry Reid has gone beyond just about anyone else if you've been following his statements. As I noted in the OP, even VP-Elect Mike Pence was saying back in OCTOBER that the evidence pointed toward Russia and that if that turned out to be the case, actions were warranted.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ok this is why libtards lost. It's because you kept calling us racist, sexist, fascist and many other things if we did not agree with you. Because us white males were told to shut up, to be better in terms of racism, and in some cases that we're all racist because the color of our skin. It's because you guys decide to not care about us and only worry about feelings with all your new bs buzzwords like microaggression and cultural appropriation which could only be done by white people(according to your definition). It's because of you guys saying things like this MTV video says.

This is why you lost and I have half a mind to post this in the Rant forum. You blame white males, acting all holier than thou. Shut up. And whites, end the white guilt, it's self hatred.
edit on 19-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: Typo

And no I'm not going to be nice. Screw your feelings. I'll be blatant so at least you know I'm honest.
edit on 19-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Can we really talk about it when you're convinced, while most are only saying it's possible? Can we really talk about it without glossing over Uranium One or Obama's "more flexible after the election" comment?

Actually most aren't saying "it's possible" at all, most are saying it's likely. I am fairly confident that the Russians were behind the hacks of the DNC and DCCC but I'm open to the possibility of being wrong. I haven't seen enough about the circumstances of the Podesta email hack.

What is it that you want to talk about regarding Uranium One? I'm willing to bet that you don't know much about it but if you'd really like to have a discussion about the Uranium One - Rosatom deal, by all means, start a thread and I promise you I will participate in it. Would you like to talk about Skolkovo too?

How about we talk when someone, somewhere, has concrete proof it was Russia. As of right now it's just as likely it was disgruntled DNC underlings. And this discussion should in no way overshadow what those leaks revealed.

No, it it's "just as likely" to have been disgruntled DNC underlings. At least the idea that it was actually a rogue element in the US intelligence apparatus or possibly another state-sponsor like China makes some sort of sense. You're clearly not at all familiar with any of the publicly available evidence.

Also, regarding "appropriate response": Clinton wanted to use military force in retaliation for hacking. Meaning she'd have gone to war as president had her unsecured server been hacked after the election. The left is tired of war, so why do they seem so quick to start one with Russia?

Clinton would not have gone to war with Russia any more than Donald Trump has any plans of dropping any nukes. Also, the Clinton email server wasn't what was hacked to obtain the emails that were released.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thus far we have seen only 1 source.. A CIA assessment. The other intelligence agencies are basing their opinions on that assessment. The odd thing is, is that the CIA is the only intelligence branch that exists as a stand alone organization. All the other ones serve under another branch. That's no big deal, until you realize who the CIA answers to...

Sen. Carl Levin, D-Michigan, wanted to know Panetta's understanding of the relationship between the CIA and the DNI. Would he be under the supervision of the DNI?

Initially, Panetta said he reported to the DNI and performed the tasks assigned to him by the DNI, but then he added: "we are an operational arm, just like the [National Security Agency], just like the [National Reconnaissance Office], and I believe the role of the DNI is to coordinate all our activities..."

And , he adds...

A bit baffled by Panetta's response, Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Oklahoma, asked him point blank, "Is the DNI your boss or not?" Panetta's answer, "The DNI is my boss."

www.cnn.com...

That's fine, except that DNI Director Clapper has already been caught lying to Congress and the American people about the extent of the NSA domestic surveillance program and data collection. He so happens to be done the day Obama leaves...how convenient. So we have an agency at the behest of a man with nothing to lose and caught lying to Congress producing a questionable document. What's not to like about it? Oh Brother!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Lmao. Do you need an effing hug? So weak. You keep embracing your victim programming and being triggered by dumbass college kids, third wave feminists on Tumbler and the occassional CRT professor trying to validate their own woo.

99% of people on the left have never said the word "microaggression" in their lives.

Why is it that we white males on the left don't feel like we're being called racists constantly? The only people who ever tell me to shut up are whiny, fragile, wingnut snowflakes.

This is why you lost and I have half a mind to post this in the Rant forum. You blame white males, acting all holier than thou. Shut up. And whites, end the white guilt, it's self hatred.
edit on 19-12-2016 by ksiezyc because: Typo

And no I'm not going to be nice. Screw your feelings. I'll be blatant so at least you know I'm honest.

By all means rant away missy. You don't see me holding back to spare the delicate feelings of you lot of self-victimizing, deluded whiners.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

That's not correct. There has been publicly available evidence pertaining to the hacks since before the first document was released. It was released simultaneously with the announcement that the DNC had been hacked.

This was before (the day before) the "Guccifer 2.0" wordpress site was created and weeks before the first DNC emails were released by WL. The FBI has been in agreement with the CIA on most points with one exception, that unlike the CIA, they (and in fact the ODNI and DNI Clapper himself) have not been willing to ascribe to the actions an intent to influence the outcome of the election in favor of a particular candidate. Their line was that the Russians were trying to sow distrust in the US election process.

You should evaluate the publicly available evidence, it might just change your mind. I get the feeling that unlike some of these other folks, presented with compelling evidence that the Russians were behind the hacking, you would be concerned with the implications.

Beyond that, I can't see why ANYONE would be against a comprehensive investigation with bipartisan congressional oversight at this point?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Now that this false flag has been shot to pieces by the AG and the NSA it's OVER.

consortiumnews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Amazing.

Yup.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'm not playing the victim darling and no keep yourself far far away. It's fun to tease.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The evidence is what antidelluvian "pulls from his magic hat"...which for some reason keeps resonating with the false claims made by the MSM...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The Obama admin didn't spend taxpayer money to influence the election of a sovereign nation to keep that nation's president from delivering a speech before congress about how horrible the Iran deal was? What planet do you live on?

When questioning what planet a person lives on, you might want to get your own facts in order — assuming you gaf about facts.

The money that was spent $230k for Israel (OneVote Israel) and $120k for Palenstine (OneVote Palestine). Palestinians in the Palestinian Terroritories don't vote in Israel's national elections. All that money went to OneVote and was spent prior to November of 2014. That's significant because Netanyahu didn't call for early elections until December of 2014. OneVote was actually established to promote a two-state solution. Netanyahu, if you'll remember (you won't), flip-flopped on his views on the two-state solution, culminating with comments RIGHT before the election.

Haaretz - Netanyahu: If I'm Elected, There Will Be No Palestinian State

In a definitive disavowal of his Bar-Ilan two-state speech, prime minister makes last-minute attempt to draw voters from Bennett's Habayit Hayeudi.

There's no there, there. Should we now talk about Israeli groups that seek to influence US politics and lobby for pro-Israeli policies? Then we can huff some gasoline, beat our heads into brick walls and maybe — maybe — get to a place where it makes sense to pretend that any of this is on par with Russia's actions.

Much ado about nothing. I see it as two basic facts,
(if you gaf about facts).

I am assuming you are whining about the belief that Russia hacked the DNC/Podesta and released them to Wikileaks. Because if you think they hacked actual voting machines I have nothing to say to you. Anyways.

- There is zero proof and zero tangible evidence Russia was the leaked source of either the DNC or Podesta leaks. Unnamed CIA Sources claim, on condition of anonymity, to a newspaper (that belongs to a very heavily Clinton leaning biased MSM) that they have evidence Russia did it. This is a #ing stretch of logic, especially when Assange directly stated it was not a Russian leak. Consider this is the same intelligence community that convinced us to go to war with Iraq because they had WMDs. We are supposed to take their word on it, without even a source. Well, no, I don't think I buy it.

- Even if it was Russia who released those damning documents (it wasn't), everything in them was true and the American people deserved to see just how corrupt the DNC had become and exactly how far the effort to force HRC down our collective throats has/had come. They didn't directly influence anything or unfairly pressure anyone, they just showed the American exactly what was going on.

You seem to have trouble with this. It's very easy, but you have a lot of cognitive dissonance and social conditioning working against you making it hard to see things for what they really are, yet want to talk down to everyone else. I pity people like you.

I thank whoever did this. They may have saved our country from being run by a psychopathic, warmongering, dishonest witch.

edit on 20-12-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Sure, lets talk about the hacking. First off, what was the information that was released?

second, was any of it untrue?

Third, how did the release of that information change the outcome of the election?

fourth, I thought it was Comey's fault? Who will get blamed next week?

That it?

Have you ever seen me state or even imply that any of the documents released by Wikileaks were inauthentic? No, you haven't. Have you seen me claim that barring the hacks/releases, the outcome of the election would have been different? No, you haven't. You sure do seem eager to misrepresent my position though.

Do you honestly believe that if RNC emails or those of one of the campaign managers of Trump had been released, they wouldn't have been as bad or worse? You can't possibly be that naive.

Just so we're clear though — you have no problem with foreign governments using hacking in an attempt to influence the outcome of our elections in general? That's something you support?

It seems as if it all boils down to you being angry that Russia "MAY" have hacked the US DNC. You claim to have some smarts in the computer world. Please tell me you aren't so naive to think that every country out there INCLUDING the US, doesn't actively spy/hack other countries. It's a cyber war and it's been going on for a while now. You don't get to cry about being hacked, you have to increase your security and protect against the next one. Or did you not learn that part?

And I am sure the RNC isn't snow white. Based on how they ran this election and the choices they gave us, I doubt they were smart enough to come up with the # the dems did. But the fact of the matter is the DEMs got caught with their pants down. And instead of realizing that, and trying to fix it, they are screaming "it's the Russians!" and the only ones who care are more DEMs.

And you all seem to forget Assange clearly and unequivocally stated he got the files from a source inside the US. So hack or no hack, the mail in question came from a different source. It's not like Hillary's server was super secure or anything, hell, it seems almost everyone hacked it. And Podesta was an idiot with his security. So he deserved everything he got.

BTW, a guy is going to be calling you about your computer being infected, be sure to let him log on to fix it.
edit on 20-12-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

edit on 20-12-2016 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
theantediluvian:

I am fairly confident that the Russians were behind the hacks of the DNC and DCCC...

Right there is the chink in your armoured confidence. You are confident in a wholly unprovable assertion of Russian interference quite simply because it makes no difference to you whether it is provable or not. All you are doing is stating an opinion on a chosen stance on a particular issue.

Whatever you think has occurred makes not the slightest difference to the overall picture. The electoral college has overwhelmingly accepted Trump as the next president, and he will be inaugurated in January, so whatever you confidently claim or think is totally irrelevant.

Your stance is stating that it is okay for American agencies to hack and surveille the world, but it is not right for other countries to do the same to America. This thread says so much about you and your mindset. It may be Christmas, but all your wishes are not going to come true...no proof will be gained and accepted as such, and whatever you think, no one gives a damn, because all your claims on this issue are merely wishful thoughts, and there is nothing substantial about them.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Most people that think security is infallible don't know much about the internet or computers.

It's honestly like saying he didn't buy the better Bike lock.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Arizonaguy

That's not correct. There has been publicly available evidence pertaining to the hacks since before the first document was released. It was released simultaneously with the announcement that the DNC had been hacked.

This was before (the day before) the "Guccifer 2.0" wordpress site was created and weeks before the first DNC emails were released by WL. The FBI has been in agreement with the CIA on most points with one exception, that unlike the CIA, they (and in fact the ODNI and DNI Clapper himself) have not been willing to ascribe to the actions an intent to influence the outcome of the election in favor of a particular candidate. Their line was that the Russians were trying to sow distrust in the US election process.

You should evaluate the publicly available evidence, it might just change your mind. I get the feeling that unlike some of these other folks, presented with compelling evidence that the Russians were behind the hacking, you would be concerned with the implications.

Beyond that, I can't see why ANYONE would be against a comprehensive investigation with bipartisan congressional oversight at this point?

There has been no evidence released that supports the Russian govt. being wikileaks source for their material.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Actually, the only people who don't seem to want to drag this into the open are the intel agencies. If they wanted it to be known and gotten to the bottom of, they would have briefed Congress when the committees asked for it. They declined to do so which indicates there either isn't anything new or that there is no there, there or that someone else doesn't want what they may know put out where the public can examine it for some reason, but given the calls were made by Republican committee chairs, it's hardly the party of the president-elect that's trying to to sweep it under the rug now that allegations have been made.

However, let's get back to the point where both Podesta and the DNC are still private entities.

What responsibility does the government have to them to cover their cyber security?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

you're an embarrassment.

good god people your vice president elect believes it was the Russian. conspiracy theorists my ass you sound more like a bunch of whiney children! we're doomed.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Mike Pence can believe whatever the hell he wants.

Doesn't make him right.

Isn't he a creationist or something as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join