It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EC Voting Almost Over, Can We Talk About Russian Intervention Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As of a half an hour ago, with the EC voting completed in 43 states, President-elect Donald J Trump had 259 electoral votes to 156 for Hillary Clinton. As predicted by myself and other non-hysterical posters, there was no great number of faithless electors. The much hyped fake "coup" scaremongering proved to be just more clickbait for the easily clickbaited.

All the Internet tough guy self-styled revolutionaries blathering ominously about their guns ended up getting their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Now with the EC paranoia behind us, will the hysterical denialism over Russian interference during our presidential election also become a thing of a past? Will we be able to have reasoned discussions about the evidence of the Russian goverment attempting to effect the election? How about their continued attempts to influence US politics? The implications of this sort of meddling and manipulation and what the appropriate response should be?

Or is still too soon and too likely to trigger some folks?

What will it take? Acceptance by President-elect Trump? Does the cult need to be given the okay to believe objective reality again? Will President-elect Trump stop lying long enough to let his faitful followers off the hook?

Ironically enough this is what VP-elect Pence was saying back on October 16th:

On Sunday, Pence for the second time in recent weeks broke from Trump on Russia, this time on that country's possible involvement in email hacks tied to the U.S. election, saying Moscow should face "severe consequences" if it has compromised U.S. email security.

"I think there's no question that the evidence continues to point in that direction," Pence said. "There should be severe consequences to Russia or any sovereign nation that is compromising the privacy or the security of the United States of America," Pence said on "Fox News Sunday."

edit on 2016-12-19 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Didn't the left such as CNN claim that hacks could not influence the election? They were so haughty. The irony.

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

All the Internet tough guy self-styled revolutionaries blathering ominously about their guns ended up getting their panties in a bunch over nothing.

Really? It seems to me like the people who's panties were most 'bunched' are you and the regressive left. Talk about making a lot of fuss over nothing.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The Russians obviously got electors drunk, which is just another way in which they influenced this elections

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The only sensible thing Pence can muster is to keep Trump in line with Russia.

The rest of his picks seem like stooges for the Kremlin.

But other than that it's just another day in Washington.
Anyone who expected the EC result to go any other way but Trump's is delusional.

+48 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yes, let us talk about it. When democrats get on board with simple measures to eliminate the potential for voting fraud among undocumented citizens ( ID's for instance ) I will start to take them more seriously when they make claims of election fraud.

Are we done with this topic now?
edit on 19-12-2016 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would have no problem getting behind condemnation of Russia IF the Obama admin and it's backers would admit that they did the same thing in Israel. Otherwise, you all can take a leap.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sure, let's talk about how the Obama administration apparently can't protect itself from basic hacking by foreign governments.

There's still no evidence Russia hacked or influenced the election, but if it were to be true all it suggests a complete failure from Obama's security team.

+36 more 
link   

Now with the EC paranoia behind us, will the hysterical denialism over Russian interference during our presidential election also become a thing of a past?

WHAT Russian interference ?

Last time I checked CLinton got 'more' votes than Trump.

So had the Russians 'interferred' Trump would have gotten more.

Russia did not interfer in our election.

So how about stop parroting 'FAKE NEWS'.

link   
a reply to: drewlander

So that's a "No?" You're still too easily triggered? Noted.

So far we've got 3 pro-Kremlin votes of "No" and one triggered Trumpkin.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Actually so far we seen 5 flags for warmongering against Russia.

And last time I checked.

Russia is ran by and ex kgb billionaire oligarch is isn't concerned with 'feelings'.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WHAT Russian interference

Stage 1. Denial.

Last time I checked CLinton got 'more' votes than Trump.

So had the Russians 'interferred' Trump would have gotten more.

Strawman. Your cohorts have gotten too used to using them lately.

Russia did not interfer in our election.

Says no one but the denialists and the St.Petersburg paid trolls.

So how about stop parroting 'FAKE NEWS'.

A dried up, stale meme that became a useless right wing mantra on day two.

Then again, it's you, isn't it Neo!
No one sane expects a coherent or reasonable discussion with you.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Only the left gets triggered. I love how if the right fears something might be rigged in the election you call it "paranoia", but if the left does it you applaud it, spread it and then continue to mock the right as "in denial".

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

What? You want to talk about election fraud, right? Or do you only care about election fraud that could benefit republicans? Is election fraud that benefits democrats is acceptable? I am convinced democrats tried to throw the election by encouraging undocumented citizens from Mexico to fraudulently vote in the election. Its a real claim that can be substantiated, unlike the claims of Russian influence. You put Mexicans above Russians when it comes to election fraud -- sounds racist to me. Are you a racist?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As far as I can tell (being an outsider) the Russian intervention seems to have consisted of stepping in, gratuitously, to force open cupboard doors and reveal the skeletons inside.
The most effective ways of making this more difficult in future would be
stronger cupboard doors
fewer skeletons

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The only strawman here is from those trying to create the boogieman from Russia.

CLinton did 'win' the popular vote.

So why didn't the 'hackers' give those votes to Trump ?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So you realize it's a problem but partisanship won't allow you to address it? Obama will be out of office in a month, Putin will probably be running Russia until he dies.

The Obama administration didn't "do the same thing" in Israel but if this is really something that HONESTLY concerns you, perhaps we could discuss it as well as the influence Israel exerts over US politics? You sure sound passionate so by all means, lead the way.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Could you translate that from triggerish to English please? I think you're short circuting.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Putin hacked the handwritten paper ballots in Texas.

It's the only logical explanation.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So why didn't the 'hackers' give those votes to Trump ?

This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever read.
& the last dumb thing I read was probably your previous post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join