It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truck ploughs into Christmas market in Berlin, injuring several people – reports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: ALSGoes4th

Really?

I bet my life that those attackers were Muslims

Seems so far we know that the truck is Polish, the owner said that is cousin should be driving.

Could be a hijacking.

Not saying it isn't an attack, likely is judging be the media attention.

Just don't be easily swayed.

They need us angry.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I'm the sick individual. OK.

What's to smile about?

Get a grip.

Germany is full of retards thats what I was smiling about. Me get a grip? Sure.

Check your location, and shove your foot in your mouth first before you insult a large portion of our foreign members like this. Those in glass houses, don't forget it.

Has ATS sunk this low? Any tragedy is now open season for wanton callousness?

Germany's law enforcement. Stop trying to pick apart my comments. Your using a strawman argument to put yourself on a pedistal.

Certainly doesn't read like that, not that I buy your backpeddle in the first place.

But do keep digging this massive abyss. You're well beyond just digging yourself a hole already.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2016 by ALSGoes4th because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ALSGoes4th

Absolutely agree, "just" an accident. Why would there be two drivers, why the eastern european plate, driver seems injured too.

Stupid media...

link   
The truth will find its way to the public very soon and this time the German government won't be able to hide it. Whatever comes of this Merkel and her party may lose everything if things go south with who the perpetrator is.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
So when was the last time extremist Christians shot dead an ambassador and drove a semi truck through a group of holiday revelers in the same day?

Yet another example on how all religions are not equal.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Shamrock6

Plus, the eyewitnesses say that this was definitely not an accident

I will seriously try to ignore people who will try and down play horrible acts such as this.

Remember that time about six months ago when an ISIS "soldier" killed several dozen people by driving a truck into a crowd?

Remember that time a month or so ago when intelligence groups told European leaders ISIS was going to try something this holiday season?

Yea, me too.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Shamrock6 because: ISIS has soldiers, not soliders

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I'm the sick individual. OK.

What's to smile about?

Get a grip.

Germany is full of retards thats what I was smiling about. Me get a grip? Sure.

Check your location, and shove your foot in your mouth first before you insult a large portion of our foreign members like this. Those in glass houses, don't forget it.

Has ATS sunk this low? Any tragedy is now open season for wanton callousness?

Germany's law enforcement. Stop trying to pick apart my comments. Your using a strawman argument to put yourself on a pedistal.

Certainly doesn't read like that, not that I buy your backpeddle in the first place.

But do keep digging this massive abyss. You're well beyond just digging yourself a hole already.

Call it what you want dude. Backpeddling, digging myself a hole. The only thing I am wrong on is not clarifying what I wanted to say enough for the nit pickers who love trying to bring out the worst in people. Go fish bro.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
So when was the last time extremist Christians shot dead an ambassador and drove a semi truck through a group of holiday revelers in the same day?

Yet another example on how all religions are not equal.

The Russian attack seems far more politically motivated than religious terror related.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

ENOUGH!

NO insults.

NO bickering.

NO Off Topic posts about each other!

Discuss the subject of the thread. TALKING ABOUT EACH OTHER IS OFF TOPIC.

Always.

Adhere to the rules or find yourself post banned.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
the passenger is dead and the driver is on the loose. they have a suspicious person in custody but do not know if its the driver.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

Did he die in the collision, or was he murdered by a truck hijacker?

This is strange.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: glowdog
a reply to: Peeple
the passenger is dead and the driver is on the loose. they have a suspicious person in custody but do not know if its the driver.

Might be on his way to hijack another truck or commit some other attack if he's on the loose - which he probably is.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Raw footage of aftermath.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
yup it is strange indeed. not much more info about it yet.

police has a twitter : #Breitscheidplatz

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Bbc is reporting one dead driver and the other has been arrested.

link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
East european number plate, could really be "just" a drunken driver...

Oh come on...

its xmas... people are out shopping... there's high tensions in Germany. This is a terror attack like the one in France. Reports say that the truck belonged to a polish driver but the Father is saying that he thinks the truck was hijacked as his son wouldn't do something like this (Unless he is a closet Muslim Fanatic).

link   
On November 21, the state department warned Americans travelling to Europe to be aware of possible terrorist attacks on Christmas markets.

They wrote:

U.S. citizens should exercise caution at holiday festivals, events, and outdoor markets. This Travel Alert expires on February 20, 2017.

Credible information indicates the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or Da'esh), al-Qa'ida, and their affiliates continue to plan terrorist attacks in Europe, with a focus on the upcoming holiday season and associated events.

U.S. citizens should also be alert to the possibility that extremist sympathizers or self-radicalized extremists may conduct attacks during this period with little or no warning. Terrorists may employ a wide variety of tactics, using both conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests.
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002016-12-19T15:18:36-06:000336 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: testingtesting
police tweet :

"A suspicious person was arrested near #Breitscheidplatz. Whether it is the driver of the truck, is currently under consideration."

edit
latest tweet just now :

"Please help us. Stay home and do not spread rumors. Follow us here for important information. #Breitscheidplatz"

edit on 19-12-2016 by glowdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

On November 21, the state department warned Americans travelling to Europe to be aware of possible terrorist attacks on Christmas markets.

They wrote:

U.S. citizens should exercise caution at holiday festivals, events, and outdoor markets. This Travel Alert expires on February 20, 2017.

Credible information indicates the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL or Da'esh), al-Qa'ida, and their affiliates continue to plan terrorist attacks in Europe, with a focus on the upcoming holiday season and associated events.

U.S. citizens should also be alert to the possibility that extremist sympathizers or self-radicalized extremists may conduct attacks during this period with little or no warning. Terrorists may employ a wide variety of tactics, using both conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests.

Dude ISIS put in their magazine that the Nice attack was a perfect example of what somebody could do at a parade or a festival this holiday season.

But nope, this "looks less and less like terrorism" for some reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join