It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFF THE CHARTS- The THOUSANDS of U.S. locales where lead poisoning is worse than in Flint, MI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Just a quick question if I may?

So I have a loved-one who has been healthy their entire life, but has recently been told they have an iron deficiency that they can't seem to explain the physical mechanics behind it occurring...

I'll check the map and coordinate their location.
Thanks.

So my loved-one lives and travels in areas showing no data collected.
edit on (12/19/1616 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Obama tried but the GOP blocked the clean water bill.

usuncut.com...

www.politicususa.com...

I have no illusions that Trump won't follow the GOP lead and screw the common man in favor of the Corp. giants.

It took all of 6 sec. to google the truth. Do you think Myron Ebell is going to clean up the water? I don't.

You reap what you sow.
edit on 19-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ugmold

Ahhh.

So it's Reagan's fault and it's Trump's fault.

Thanks!

No, The Rich use to be taxed accordingly, FDR Taxed them at 90% and with that money we created a infrastructure, Highways, Drinking + Waste Water, Schools, Ports, Energy, Transit, Dams, etc. All were financed when the Rich were Taxed accordingly, the Country thrived and the Rich still got Richer. Reagan reversed the Tax Code, the top income tax rate was slashed from 70% to 28%. Of course things get worst over time and Reagan poor decision takes time for its consequences. We are now playing catch up, instead of creating a new/improved infrastructure.

Now are you up to speed?

edit on 19-12-2016 by ugmold because: fix

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I keep saying drink distilled water...

distilled water myths
Better yet, make your own. And use containers free of BPA and other harmful chemicals. The importance of pure clean water has been lost in Western society. On top of that, many people are chronically dehydrated too. All the sh*t high fructose drinks and fake teas do not properly cleanse or hydrate us. It does strain the organs and makes Big Pharma very happy though.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So it's 'irrational partisan twaddle' to point out the failings of the guy currently in office over the last eight years and who didn't improve upon the failings of the guy in the previous eight years before him? But making a partisan Trump/twitter crack is profound non-partisan commentary?

You fool no one.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Yes. Not all of the states were forthcoming in the data.

I think lead kits are sold at the big box stores. Might be worth considering.

Here's one sold at Walmart:

Wat er Test Kit
edit on 19-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: network dude

Lmao. I post about Donald Trump, the man who will be our President in a month and you? You post about me. Nobody is more triggered than you are by me which is why I can count on you being in that very thread making more unfunny, unoriginal quips.

I like to call out stupidity when I see it. the fact that it keeps being your posts is an interesting topic, but perhaps that might change in the future.

This topic isn't about Trump, or even how bad your ass hurts, it's about lead poisoning in water supplies. How about we talk about that now.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

How is it possible that my state has been working on replacing water pipes all over for years now, and amazingly enough, the water quality is good here. It's almost as if it was the states responsibility to maintain infrastructure. Now roads and mass transit need more work, but that is secondary to clean drinking water. IMHO

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

originally posted by: intrptr

I keep saying drink distilled water...

distilled water myths
Better yet, make your own. And use containers free of BPA and other harmful chemicals. The importance of pure clean water has been lost in Western society. On top of that, many people are chronically dehydrated too. All the sh*t high fructose drinks and fake teas do not properly cleanse or hydrate us. It does strain the organs and makes Big Pharma very happy though.

Only the distilling process removes the trace elements, heavy metals, radio nuclides even, from water. The processes bottling companies use do not. Lead from Flint Michigan water would still be in the water in (harmful) trace amounts.

The machines to distill your own are hundreds of dollars (to evaporate water!??) because the bottling companies want us to buy expensive bottled water in plastic (from oil) bottles in the grocery store.

If people want to distill at home they can make their own still patterned after the Moonshiners. Or any of a plethora of 'survival' distilleries made from expedient materials.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It sickens me to see how little is done with America's drinking water. Sadly WV is often on this list. Weekly we see stories on the news of families having to drive to central locations to pick up bottled drinking water.
West Virginia Water Crisis
Wyoming County community fight for clean water
Possible contamination in Gary, WV

So many places are dealing with this it is horrifying that this is still happening in the United States in 2016!

Ran across this while researching
2 Year Old Adam Walton's story from Ranger, TX

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'm very glad you posted this, and I suspect this is a much bigger problem and greater danger to people than we can begin to realize. And I also wonder if this isn't known, but covered up, because those in charge of fixing the problem have "better" things to do with our taxpayer dollars...

I have also wondered if part of that cover-up is bleeding into the vaccine safety debate by focusing on mercury rather than lead. I haven't been able to really think it through yet, but here's an example of what makes me suspicious:

New studies once again link mercury to autism

This article is about a study which studied both mercury and lead in relation to autism... but the article focuses entirely on the mercury -- NOT the lead.

The CDC whistleblower, Dr. William Thompson, claimed that African American boys who were vaccinated before 36 months showed a higher rate of autism than other boys and girls, and those records were thrown out of the study in order to maintain the safety record they wanted to show.... To be specific, they eliminated those African American boys who did not have birth certificates, and there's a good chance that those boys fell into the number one demographic vulnerable to lead poisoning: poverty, as noted in your OP link:

While poverty remains a potent predictor of lead poisoning...

I'm also very glad you posted the link between violence and lead poisoning -- both of which are a huge problem in the inner city neighborhoods, which are the direct result of Jim Crow laws and sundown laws. While we've been told ad nauseum that most crime is committed by Blacks, which is technically true, what is too often left out of the equation is that it is a very small percentage of Blacks who commit those crimes, and mostly by gang members in the inner cities. Thus creating a very significant problem within these small demographics. So it's not a widespread problem, but within those concentrated areas, it is a significant problem with a huge impact (on everyone).

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
And republicans are all worried about the fetus. Once human, give them poison. Our country is never going to come up with the funds for the massive infrastructure. We have to go start ww3 with Putin and his new all powerful friend.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

And yet the majority of posters in this thread are conservatives- all of whom are outraged by this information.

Rather than find common ground with any of them, you on the left choose to masturbate to your boogeyman fantasies and fail to admit the left is just as culpable for this mess.

edit on 20-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I'm ready for the change and independence, don't like it, but I will adapt. Get rid of EPA, FEMA, stop funding red cross. We are being poisoned anyway with eyes wide open, why fund useless institutions?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

And some wonder why so many people are crazy in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Meanwhile, this just in:

Former Flint officials criminally charged in water crisis

I wonder what this means for the thousands of other locations?
edit on 20-12-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

While I am joyful about this, it does not help the poisoned children. This is how republicans rule then will blame the other guy.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Baltimore, Cleveland and Philadelphia are ruled by Republicans?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The problem is with aging infrastructure.

How long ago were all these water pipes installed ?

How many old houses still have layers of lead paint?

How do we as a country address these issues?

It is not a democratic or republican issue. It is an issue of common sense. We just had a presidential election yet this was not in the forefront of conversation for either candidate. Yet is is a real issue that needs to be addressed.

On the positive side, this would create lots of jobs.

If the people of this country make this an issue, then it will be addressed. If we don't, then it won't.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Where are the charges for them also?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join