It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Guantanamo translator describes how female interrogators used sexual tactics to weaken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In an effort to break detainees being held at the U.S. prison camp in Guantanamo Bay, female interrogators have been using sexuality as a method. From wearing a miniskirt or a thong, to smearing a Saudi detainee with fake menstrual blood, sexuality has been used to apply pressure. It is unclear if these or other methods have worked and camp administrators have stated that they have stopped using the more controversial techniques.

www.foxnews.com
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Female interrogators tried to break Muslim detainees at the U.S. prison camp in Guantanamo Bay by sexual touching, wearing a miniskirt and thong underwear and in one case smearing a Saudi man's face with fake menstrual blood, according to an insider's written account.

A draft manuscript obtained by The Associated Press is classified as secret pending a Pentagon review for a planned book that details ways the U.S. military used women as part of tougher physical and psychological interrogation tactics to get terror suspects to talk.

It's the most revealing account so far of interrogations at the secretive detention camp, where officials say they have halted some controversial techniques.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this really an effective method? One has to wonder what exactly is going on in Cuba. If this is stuff that is leaking out can you imagine what we do not know about. I guess all is fair in love and war, but the smearing of blood seems to be a bit much.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I wll break their spirit by showing them women in short skirts and thongs. Yes, they will cave immediately when they get a look at the thong clad behind. They think this will help them? The terrorists that pulled off 9/11 went to a strip club the night before the attack so I would imagine that giving them a little flesh show isn't going to do anything other than raise their "interests."

If the military uses women like that Lyndie chick in their interrogations in Cuba I would confess to anything. that's about the last thing I want to see.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
while I think I am informative and witty (and damned good looking too), I see no need to leave the double post up so instead you get this inane post.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Although i don't agree with the bloodsmearing which is quite odd in my book. I think that sexual weakening is alot less harmful than physically beating information out of someone. Lets remember that those detained people are suspected terrorists (i didn't say proven). They are not their to indulge in luxury. I despise physical abuse, but its necessary to get vital information to help protect our troops or gain advantage in a war.

Interesting....I agree we don't really know what is going on down there. Could sexual harrasment be a good form of interrogation?....A hot naked woman always weakend my train of thought

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Since when is this ABUSE!?!?!? rofl...Hell, sign me up!
(Minus the fake menstrual blood...)
I wonder how they made it...probably little chunks of gelatin, salt, and a fluid from the gland you can find behind a deer's ankles?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
there is another disgusting thread making fun of the methods being used by the U.S. Government to make the "enemy combatants" talk...by disrespecting Islam. Then you wonder why they hate the west.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From what I can see we're not doing much to deny ignorance around here.

[edit on 31/1/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Au contraire, surely there needs to be some presentation of blatant ignorance in order for you to deny it?

There have always been some who consider that people who are different, from another culture, are inferior/less human in some way, to be deried and disrespected. You get to see a few of them on bulletin boards under a cloak of anonymity. Is it not important to see how ignorance operates, in order to counter it?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I understand what you're trying to say M.A. but I don't see even the smallest effort to begin to understand the religion that is Islam. All I see here is condemnation and ridicule of it. Lots of laughs all around...and offers of switching places with the prisoners.

...No effort to even begin to understand that they are inflicting the greatest shame on a practising Muslim when they flaunt a half naked woman in front of them.

How will those who claim to be fighting an enemy ever succeed if they make no attempt to know and understand their enemy?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I agree.

The forethought and planning have been abysmal, the leadership criminally negligent, based on "shock and awe" and "might is right" and repeated lies about purpose as well as the standard puffery about freedom and democracy.

Like carrying a Stop Sign to military checkpoints and shooting up the occupants of cars that fail to stop because, strangely, they cannot read English and the universal shape is not familiar to them.

The salesmanship works only on those who have heard the misused soundbites about liberty and freedom all their lives, that is, American constituents.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately the ignorance starts at the top and works its way down to the people. And remains that way to this day. In more than 3 years there hasn't been a day go by that we haven't heard/seen the word Muslim in the media. Yet most of us are no closer to understanding these people, who to borrow the words of Shakespeare...if we cut them do they not bleed, if we ridicule them do they not cry....

I too had been ignorant...guilty of judging without understanding...when I would see women dressed in tchador/hijab/birka. But for a while now...I've been making a concerted effort to learn and understand more about it...its a religion and a lifestyle. I may not agree with certain aspects, but at least I can understand.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Unfortunately the ignorance starts at the top and works its way down to the people. And remains that way to this day. In more than 3 years there hasn't been a day go by that we haven't heard/seen the word Muslim in the media. Yet most of us are no closer to understanding these people, who to borrow the words of Shakespeare...if we cut them do they not bleed, if we ridicule them do they not cry....

I too had been ignorant...guilty of judging without understanding...when I would see women dressed in tchador/hijab/birka. But for a while now...I've been making a concerted effort to learn and understand more about it...its a religion and a lifestyle. I may not agree with certain aspects, but at least I can understand.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Reading the first few posts on this thread made me feel really, really depressed.

I mean, some cultures don't look upon dung as disgusting. If we were taken POW by them, would it be fine for them to smear excrements all over our face?

I know many countries would do worse to their prisoners than your boys and girls, but weren't we the good guys? After all, isn't the war on terror all about setting an example for the rest of the world to follow?

(Sobbing quietly in the corner)

Gekko

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you Gekko. Well said.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Although I think fake mentsrual blood is way over the edge (not to mention crude), I wonder what tactics the PC police think would be effective?
How many of you have seen "24" on TV and not given a secone thought to the interrogation used?
Do you think our country uses any of those methods?

What methods do you think would be "okay" and "fair" to use on detainees???

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks back AlwaysLearning.

DontTreadOnMe: Info gathered by torture is never reliable. That is the practical reasons why it shouldn't be done. Its just pretty useless, people will say anything to make you stop. Including "Yes! Im a terrorist!". Even if its not true.

So torture proves to "the system" that the system works, you get results. But to everyone else it just proves that the system is evil, and that includes everyone that supports it.

Were human. We have a choice. Lets do the right thing.

top topics

join