It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot and seriously wounded in Ankara

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Allah ackabar, of course.

Isis = Islam

Islam = Isis

Erdogan has saidit many times. There is only one Islam. And it is at war with all non-believers all the time.

I hope Russia does not limit it's retaliation to Isis.

edit on 19-12-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There were too many quick responses there for me to address individually but I'll try a few main points as I see them.

Why would Russia attack Turkey?

Multiple reasons:

* Russia particularly in the last decade has rebuilt it's national identity based around a politics of aggression and a cult of personality around Putin. If he isn't seen to act strongly it damages that image.

* An assassination of an ambassador by a member of another country's police force is about as clear a cassus belli as you can get.

* Payback relating to Turkey's actions in Syria: they shot down a Russian plane not long ago and Erdogan very recently stated his forces would remove Assad from power. Russia are all-in behind Assad at present and have been very clear about that.

* Pre-emptive action to damage a potential enemy on the doorstep. Erdogan is quickly dismantling the Turkish state's secular constitution and replacing it with a burgeoning Islamic caliphate. A large part of his campaign propaganda was the restoration of the Ottoman empire.

* Destruction of NATO. Putin wants as much of the former Soviet union back as possible. The only thing that prevents that inevitability is NATO. Most military analysts agree that an attack upon a NATO country will result in either thermonuclear war or the disintegration of NATO. Either NATO follow through and defend their member or they prove instantly that the whole organisation is a charade. A Russian attack against a member is probably the biggest possible gamble anyone could make but the potential reward for Russia is huge. Most people believed it would be a baltic state like estonia that would be the flashpoint but given the world's current mistrust of Islam; Turkey may be a better target.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Raw footage should anyone wish to see it:

www.youtube.com...

Discretion advised.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
i'm from turkey. the shooter yells something like "you're gonna die here just like we do in syria. i'm not getting outta here alive, nor are you."

very bad days are awaiting us for all i know. as if things were not bad enough already.

You left out the "Alla ackbars", like most of the other media.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If anything this could potentially strengthen ties between the two nations as Erdogan vows to crush any and all responsible parties. As an added bonus for Erdogan it will allow him to consolidate even more power

I think that's right , more purges to follow.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: jamsession
i'm from turkey. the shooter yells something like "you're gonna die here just like we do in syria. i'm not getting outta here alive, nor are you."

very bad days are awaiting us for all i know. as if things were not bad enough already.

You left out the "Alla ackbars", like most of the other media.

well, it is not me who left out the allahu ackbars, i'm not even muslim. right now, i'm glad i can access the internet at all. once again, the net's been throttled like there's no tomorrow.
edit on 19-12-2016 by jamsession because: jamsession lacks the proper skill to type on the phone, she's the opposite of talent

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I was waiting for that little detail to get thrown in. I suppose they'll find social media accounts with incriminating information next. Or maybe they'll skip that part of the narrative since it happened in a war zone. Jesus, this is sickening. People are so. Damned. Blind.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I do not condone terrorism. However you have to at least credit this one for going after a real player other than blowing up random people like his comrades tend to do. Nobody innocent died. At least not yet, let's hope this doesn't escalate and cause even more unnecessary bloodshed.
edit on 19/12/2016 by MetalChickAmy because: Pressed Send too soon.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I guarantee the CIA is behind this, Turkey and Russia had been getting a bit to friendly for TPTB's liking lately....

I doubt it.

It would be a feeble attempt to drive a wedge. Makes no sense. Putin will not blame Turkey for this.

They don't want him to blame Turkey. That isn't what they're after.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am not sure what the end goal was here. To send the message to get out of Syria to Russia by assassinating their ambassador. If anything, now Russia will have further resolve to stay in Syria and hunt down and eliminate all those responsible, and will probably aid Turkey in rooting out those radical elements in Turkey. Rinse repeat.

RIP to the deceased.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hopefully we hear the President elect mutter the words the current President is too much of a coward / sympathizer to say about this attack: "Islamic terrorism".

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
# # #. This world is crazy.

I have a flight from Moscow to Istanbul tomorrow. Layover of 15 hours before moving on to my final destination.

Does anyone have any idea if this will affect flights?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Gotta love that, every time something bad happens instantly "it was the Mossad" or if that's too crazy to claim then "it was the CIA".

I love how a fairly small agency such as the Mossad is according to some people responsible for almost all the bad things that happen worldwide, quite amusing really.

Such a shame that he didn't have security with him, seems really strange not to have at least 1 security guard on the ambassador.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: majesticgent

I think the aim might have been publicity , Aleppo may have fallen back to the government but the front line is anywhere they choose it to be , Russia is their enemy and killing their ambassador in such a public way sends a strong message.

It's hard to believe a lone wolf would find himself in such a position by luck.

edit on 19-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This has CIA stink all over it.

That was my first impression when I head the news come across the news.

Everything reported as follow up has only reinforced that first impression.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Beeb has a live feed, if anyone is interested
As i type :

"Gunman's 'sister and brother arrested'

BBC Live : Russia updates

The sister and mother of the gunman who shot the Russian ambassador have been detained in the western Turkish city of Aydin, Reuters quotes local media as saying

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: razor787
# # #. This world is crazy.

I have a flight from Moscow to Istanbul tomorrow. Layover of 15 hours before moving on to my final destination.

Does anyone have any idea if this will affect flights?

Rip up your ticket and kiss the ground. I wouldn't take any flights between Russia and Turkey especially when the heat just got turned up.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana
a reply to: DJW001

Gotta love that, every time something bad happens instantly "it was the Mossad" or if that's too crazy to claim then "it was the CIA".

I love how a fairly small agency such as the Mossad is according to some people responsible for almost all the bad things that happen worldwide, quite amusing really.

Such a shame that he didn't have security with him, seems really strange not to have at least 1 security guard on the ambassador.

It was the security that shot him

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
News of truck terrorist attack in Berlin????
Only just seeing this so awaiting some confirmation:
www.mirror.co.uk...

Coordinated terror attacks?
edit on 19/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

This has CIA stink all over it.

That stink you smell isn't coming from the CIA, it's coming from rotten Russian propaganda left over from the Cold War.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join