It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot and seriously wounded in Ankara

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: jamsession
a reply to: svetlana84

you're welcome. just rewatched the vid, his turkish sounds quite high profile. no accent except for the arabic slogans at the beginning right after he shot the ambassador.

The gunman was a Turkish special forces guy, seems to have deep sympathy with ISIS. A Russian ambassador is not an Archduke Ferdinand at the turn of a different century but I bet they were going for the same effect.

Links to info..?

Source

The assassin was identified as a Turkish special forces police officer, Ankara mayor Melih Gokcek told AFP

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

another source in german (same news) www.welt.de...
edit on 19-12-2016 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

turkish police and special forces are rumored to be brooding with sympathisers of isis and particularly with the disciples of the menzil sect based in adiyaman. erdogan and ilk are playing the patriotism card combined with religion.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jamsession

It s scary how fast Turkey shifts. Some years ago i was really hopeful, even EU membership was possible.

since that Park protest (Gezi) Turkey seems to become more authoritarian by the day.

I hope fo you and Turkey in general, that things change back to peaceful and democratic.
edit on 19-12-2016 by svetlana84 because: changed the name of the park

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Are you kidding me? have you followed any news this year outside US media demonising of Russia???

Are you kidding me? Have you just been ignoring my detailed analyses of the situation over the past few years? Refresh your memory:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
the gunman is mevlut mert altintas, member of the special forces, born 1994.

link

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamsession
the gunman is mevlut mert altintas, member of the special forces, born 1994.

link

And I see the Anti-Western, Anti-Israel tweets have already begun.

link   
These Soros tards are trying to get a war with Russia and NATO started, throw GEORGE SOROS IN JAIL HE's wanted for murder. Put out a bounty on Soros's head wanted for International war crimes. The USA so long as it ignores the crimes of SOROS maybe just as complicit, this terrorist needs to get brought to justice for international war crimes.His minions seem out of control. Footage of Russian Ambassador Shot In Turkish Capital Of Ankara v=O3mypbOEi-M
edit on 19-12-2016 by bubbabuddha because: try to add yt video

link   
a reply to: bubbabuddha

See what I mean?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Peaceful muslims spreading their message of peace once more. Wonder if Putin will run to a safe space like Obama when our ambassador was given the message of muslim peace in Libya.

Right, and peaceful christian orthodox Russians are spreading peace by dropping thousands of bombs on Syria on a daily basis. You know, those bombs aren't only killing "moderate rebels" but civilians too. Bet some of those innocent children killed could have become ambassadors in the future so kindly

Condolences to the ambassadors family, another innocent life lost in this madness

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

no surprise. seems the govt's paid sockpuppets and trolls are going to work overtime tonight heh.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angryproctologist

"The gunman was a Turkish special forces guy, seems to have deep sympathy with ISIS"

Follow the money and find out that Obama is this shooter's/ISIS sugardaddy.

More like a result of Obama's dangerous rhetoric from his JV team of foreign policy. Running their mouths off blaming the Russians for everything, especially the election, have emboldened our enemies. Isis stronghold Aleppo has melted under Russian aid to Assad, so they attack the Russians because they got a sense that the US won't care because of Obama's anti Russian rhetoric and the Russians will be suspicious that the US had a hand in it. The world can thank the US angry white voters that Trump is coming in and not Hillary or she would have her finger on the nuclear button on day one.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
I'm getting a distinct "Archduke Ferdinand shot in Sarajevo by anarchists" kind of a vibe here.

Ferdinand was part of the Habsburg family and heir to the Holy Roman Empire. That's why the royalty was willing to go to war over his death. I don't know for sure, but I doubt this guy was the living continuation to an ancient Empire. I would also doubt that Putin would get crazy and go to war for it. He may change tactics to be even more aggressive, but he doesn't seem like the type to start WWIII in an emotional fit of rage.
edit on 19-12-2016 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

To start WW3 to stop Trump from becoming president of course.

Keep going... why would this start World War Three? Is Russia blaming the United States already? They have less than a month to get it started.

Turkey is a member of NATO. If Russia were to attack Turkey in retaliation...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesyleps

Keep going... why would this start World War Three? Is Russia blaming the United States already? They have less than a month to get it started.

Nothing would happen. Turkey would be voted out of NATO for sympathizing with ISIS.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

Why would Russia attack Turkey over the actions of a rogue individual/group? If anything this could potentially strengthen ties between the two nations as Erdogan vows to crush any and all responsible parties. As an added bonus for Erdogan it will allow him to consolidate even more power. He might even be able to parlay it into a reason for Turkey to be in Syria.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cheesyleps

Not necessarily.
Do some digging on the events of the last 12 months. There have been a whole series of discussions and reports regarding article 5 as it pertains to NATO's protection of Turkey. It would however trigger a series of frantic discussions the likes of which we have not seen since the late 30's

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: cheesyleps

Why would Russia attack Turkey over the actions of a rogue individual/group? If anything this could potentially strengthen ties between the two nations as Erdogan vows to crush any and all responsible parties. As an added bonus for Erdogan it will allow him to consolidate even more power. He might even be able to parlay it into a reason for Turkey to be in Syria.

It depends what the Russian side of this investigation uncovers.
The murderer planned the attack by the look of it and was in a position where he might have had help.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think a lot of people are over analyzing this. If anything does become of this it will be by Russia coming down harder on the rebels in Syria. This event won't start WW3 or anything crazy so anyone who is thinking that can put it out of your minds now. As far as Turkey goes, they are going down a slipperly slope in losing NATO status, I only hope they get some sort of punishment if it is true they are ISIS sympathyzers.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

Not sure if the event is the shooting but it seems to be a separate incident.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join