It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot and seriously wounded in Ankara

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Page 17 of this thread so I'll just throw this out there. The left (including the President) blame Russia (now) for the loss of the election. As you can see in the reaction of the left and the 50% of the American people, they are crazy, insane pissed off. So...how difficult would it be for Obama, CIA, etc. to plant a person to get even with Russia and assassinate their Ambassador?

Considering the current political climate, it isn't too far from possible.

That's absolute nonsense. First of all, "the left" does not "blame Russia" for Clinton's losing the election. In fact, the younger liberal voters blame the DNC for running Clinton instead of Sanders. The Russian hack helped this split in the party form. Most Democratic partisans accept that it was the party's "elitism" that cost them votes among the blue collar voters.

Calling people who are exercising their freedom of speech "crazy and insane" is a taste of the hateful rhetoric that got them "pissed off" in the first place. There is no hope for things to calm down until the right stops being sore winners... and I doubt that is going to happen.

Finally, why are you trying to drag the United States into what is clearly an issue between Muslims and Russia? Russia is killing Muslims, so Muslims are starting to kill Russians. It is exactly what started to happen to Americans once we started interfering in the Islamic world.
edit on 21-12-2016 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct spelling.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My thoughts exactly. My investigation would start with the Gulen organization, and CIA forces on the ground in Turkey.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

My thoughts exactly. My investigation would start with the Gulen organization, and CIA forces on the ground in Turkey.

Why? What would an assassination in Turkey achieve for American interests? Be specific, please.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No idea if they were involved or not but there are always interests that could be achieved.
Distracts russia, further destablises the region (seems to be a major Western goal), brings pressure on Putin, throws more doubt on edrogan - need i go on?

It could just have easily been us in the UK for the above reasons or even a putin false flag so he can engage turkey directly - none of us know and we can speculate endlessly (as we do)

Also could have been any other 'power' around the world looking to cause trouble or stir up war for arms sales or the ability to buy up cheap land in the area.

That's off the top of my head, I'm sure those who study these things could be far more specific.

I lean towards another islamic terrorist though unless more details are forthcoming - although who knows what to believe these days.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

So... revenge on Russia for killing Muslims is not complicated enough for you?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That is what I said i believed but you asked for reasons it might not be - i listed a few reasons as you requested from another poster that i could think of this, as I explained this does not mean i believe that is why it happened.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Why? What would an assassination in Turkey achieve for American interests? Be specific, please.

Erdogan has been slipping into Russian influence, too much for the comfort of TPTB, including NATO. Ever since the downing of the Russian jet, call it the low point, relations have dramatically improved. Meanwhile, Turkish relations with the west over "battling ISIS", and with the US over Gulen, have significantly worsened.

It's no secret that Gulen would like to over throw Erdogen, and that he he has a cozy relationship with the CIA in the past. So, why is it outrageous to consider the idea that the CIA, working with Gulen's terrorist org, could have killed the Ambasasor? No, I don't have proof.

But clearly, actually improving relations with Russia are not likely a hot topic around the table at the most recent CFR meetings. Certainly they will not allow Turkey to fall any further under Russian influence.
edit on 21-12-2016 by Jchristopher5 because: Some corrections made.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: tigertatzen

Interesting. We're in agreement about something.

I know, right? I was actually going to preface my reply with, "I don't want to seem like I'm actually agreeing with you, but..."😜😜😜

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

We have a coup against Erdogan, which failed. Erdogan knows it was a CIA inspired attempt. Russia has convinced him if he wants to stay in power he needs them. Just like Assad needs them. Just like Iran needs them. So congratulations CIA you have given Russia Turkey, Syria and Iran. You have displaced millions of people and put the EEC under a lot of pressure. Whoever has orchestrated this , is loosing the whole middle East. With the Saudis getting more paranoid by the hour.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Page 17 of this thread so I'll just throw this out there. The left (including the President) blame Russia (now) for the loss of the election. As you can see in the reaction of the left and the 50% of the American people, they are crazy, insane pissed off. So...how difficult would it be for Obama, CIA, etc. to plant a person to get even with Russia and assassinate their Ambassador?

Considering the current political climate, it isn't too far from possible.

That's absolute nonsense. First of all, "the left" does not "blame Russia" for Clinton's losing the election. In fact, the younger liberal voters blame the DNC for running Clinton instead of Sanders. The Russian hack helped this split in the party form. Most Democratic partisans accept that it was the party's "elitism" that cost them votes among the blue collar voters.

Calling people who are exercising their freedom of speech "crazy and insane" is a taste of the hateful rhetoric that got them "pissed off" in the first place. There is no hope for things to calm down until the right stops being sore winners... and I doubt that is going to happen.

Finally, why are you trying to drag the United States into what is clearly an issue between Muslims and Russia? Russia is killing Muslims, so Muslims are starting to kill Russians. It is exactly what started to happen to Americans once we started interfering in the Islamic world.

The leaders on the left were elected by and supported by the American left. So yeah...say what you will but the vocal majority is trying to blame everyone BUT Clinton and the DNC. And we are not being sore winners. At least no where near the level that the other side is being bad losers. Barely a fraction.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This is a very small but revealing article from Le Figaro.

Among other things, it tells us that Israel has been operating in the Syrian conflict, on the rebel side, since at least 2013.

It also suggests that, in a concrete way, that Turkey's position on this war has significantly altered away from the support of the rebel side. The reason I say this is that it was well known that a daughter of President Erdogan of Turkey had been involved in running a hospital to treat wounded insurgents from the Syrian battles, across the border in Turkey.

Now we learn that Prime Minister Netanyahu of Israel is directing the pertinent Israeli functionaries to prepare to deal with wounded combatants and civilians from Aleppo. It is a very long way to Israel from Aleppo, in contrast to the short distance from Aleppo to Turkey.

If the wounded from Aleppo are journeying to Israel for treatment, something very serious must have changed in Turkey.

This puts the recent assassination of the Russian ambassador in Ankara into a wider context. "Remember Aleppo! Remember Syria!" was shouted by the assassin at the murder scene.

www.lefigaro.fr...

Les deux pays se sont directement affrontés à trois reprises et demeurent techniquement en guerre. Mais depuis le printemps 2013, plus de 2600 blessés syriens ont été autorisés à entrer sur le territoire israélien pour y être soignés. Chaque nuit ou presque, des combattants rebelles et des civils franchissent la clôture sécurisée qui traverse le plateau du Golan pour être transférés vers les hôpitaux de Safed, Nahariya, Tibériade et Haïfa. La plupart y resteront jusqu'à ce que l'amélioration de leur état de santé permette de leur faire retraverser la frontière.

Qui sont ces blessés? Et, par-delà les considérations humanitaires, pourquoi l'Etat hébreu mobilise-t-il son système de santé à leur secours? «Nous ne leur demandons pas d'où ils viennent, pour qui ils se battent ou ce en quoi ils peuvent nous être utiles», assure le colonel Alon Galsberg, qui dirige le service de Santé des armées dans le nord d'Israël. Pourtant il n'est pas interdit de penser que l'État hébreu tire un bénéfice indirect de cet engagement. L'armée en aurait profité pour instituer un discret canal de communication avec les factions rebelles établies sur le versant syrien du Golan, dans l'espoir de préserver le calme à sa frontière mais aussi de «gagner les cœurs» de la population syrienne». Et Benyamin Nétanyahou veut désormais aller plus loin. «J'ai demandé au ministère des Affaires étrangères d'étudier les conditions dans lesquelles nous pourrions prendre en charge des femmes et des enfants blessés à Alep - ainsi que des hommes s'il ne s'agit pas de combattants», a-t-il annoncé mardi soir.

Translation:

The two countries clashed directly on three occasions and remain technically at war. But since spring 2013, more than 2,600 Syrian wounded have been allowed to enter Israeli territory for treatment. Every night or so, rebel fighters and civilians cross the secure fence that crosses the Golan Heights to be transferred to the hospitals of Safed, Nahariya, Tiberias and Haifa. Most will remain there until the improvement of their state of health allows them to cross the border.

Who are these wounded? And, beyond humanitarian considerations, why does the Hebrew state mobilize its health system to their aid? "We do not ask them where they come from, who they are fighting for or what they can do for us," says Colonel Alon Galsberg, who heads the Army Health Service in northern Israel. Yet it is not forbidden to think that the Hebrew State derives an indirect benefit from this commitment. The army would have taken advantage of it to institute a discreet channel of communication with the rebel factions established on the Syrian slope of the Golan in the hope of preserving calm on its border but also "winning the hearts" of the Syrian population. And Benjamin Netanyahu wants to go further. "I asked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to study the conditions under which we could take care of women and children injured in Aleppo - as well as men if they were not fighters," he said Tuesday night.

Edit: It is interesting to speculate how quickly the Syrian conflict could be brought to an end, if only Israel were to advertise the fact that it is operating on the side of the rebels and that, in fact, the foreign fighters involved, the jihadi types, are actually fighting in furtherance of Israeli policy. Ten, fifteen minutes?
edit on 21-12-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
No real detail as yet just that the Russian ambassador , Andrei

Picture of the attacker.

The left index.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

Picture of the attacker.

The left index.

Interesting.

Used worldwide by people trying to emphasise a point.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think it's possible that shooting of ambassador was CIA operation

I don't have evidence but these are the guys arming ISIS

So there you go

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRUnext

So there you go

Only problem with that theory is that ISIS claimed responsibility for the Berlin attack, they didn't do so for the Russian Ambassador attack

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: Miracula2

Picture of the attacker.

The left index.

Interesting.

Used worldwide by people trying to emphasise a point.

I thought the shooting of the ambassador was the political statement. The index finger was just salt on the wound.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Picture of the attacker.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You know, the more you think about it, ISIS has to be a deliberate tool for certain Western elements, the more attacks, the more laws come into place to protect from it. It is kind of glaringly obvious and an obvious tactic to use. Control.

Why is there is no group being funded that does good things? Which, for instance, instead of killing normal folks, goes after capitalist, arms-dealing, corrupt, media manipulating folks? That could make the world a better place.

If there's actually people on this planet that think they are better than other people, they've obviously forgotten the fact that they are in fact, still human beings.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
His tail swept away one-third of the stars in the sky

Third.

AM is first person present.

I AM that I AM

IS - Islamic State

IS versus AM is 3rd person present.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissingRUnext

So there you go

They gave us the term "Lone Wolf". But, for some reason, the media isn't using it in this case.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join