It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot and seriously wounded in Ankara

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SBargisen

Russia is one of the best militaries in the world? What world do you live on? Even if we ignore the corruption (which is rampant) and the aging equipment (which is constantly failing) you're still left with an army of conscripts. The vast majority of the Russian military are citizens that are required to serve only a single year. This includes basic training.

After Georgia, Putin has tried to turn the military around by weeding out corruption and getting more career soldiers. He hasn't really succeeded though.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Schiffers... i heard the news had a telephone call with a frend and told him exactly the same...

Seeing youre replay...

A shiffer..

Good luck

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

According to CNN, or wait, BBC for you?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a 21st century arch duke moment.
God help us!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
I do not condone terrorism. However you have to at least credit this one for going after a real player other than blowing up random people like his comrades tend to do. Nobody innocent died. At least not yet, let's hope this doesn't escalate and cause even more unnecessary bloodshed.

Are you saying that it is somehow more acceptable for a government official to get shot than anyone else? How is this ambassador "a real player"; what factors decide that he is not "innocent"? Has he done something that makes him more deserving of being attacked, shot in the back?

I believe the point being made is that an attack was made against an agent of a government, and a high ranking one (all things considered) as opposed to an attack carried out against people trying to buy Christmas gifts or walking down the road, or on holiday, and more than likely have had absolutely nothing to do with anything the attacker is pissed off about.

Which is a sentiment I've seen echoed more than once on ATS, usually when a cop is killed.

I get that when people take a job such as his, they know there is a certain element of danger that goes along with it. They are representatives of their employers, and they know they may be targeted, just like cops and military.

It just sounded really wrong to me...as if his career choice automatically made his life more trivial somehow. It still reads that way. I don't agree with that any more than I agree with the idea that cops' deaths in the line of duty carry less significance; are less tragic than civilians' because they choose to put on that badge and uniform every day.

He is somebody's husband or father or brother or son, too. His family will be just as devastated by this as anyone else's would. You know? That just bothers me. I think it should bother everyone. This just sucks so damned much. All of it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I guarantee the CIA is behind this, Turkey and Russia had been getting a bit to friendly for TPTB's liking lately....

Well, Obama did warn Putin that there would be consequences for the Russian interference in the US Elections.

He said clearly "We can do things to you."

Then, Obama said on TV that the response would come in such a way that the Russians would know, but the time and place and response would be classified.

Now, on the 19th of December, the very day the US Electors Vote to solidify Donald Trump's win, a terrorist picks this very day to assassinate the Russian Ambassador.

Is this just a lucky fluke?

Pure coincidence?

Why on earth did the assassin pick this particular day, when the Electoral College Votes?

Why not before today?

Why not some other day in the future?

Why spoil the US "special day" when the Election Results are being finally soldified with chaos and murder filling the news?

We should be listening to the TV reports on Electoral College vote progress. Instead, we're watching the Russian Diplomat getting gunned down instead.

How weird !

edit on 19-12-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Egads, look at the length of that guy's index finger. He could have just poked the ambassador right through the heart and saved his ammunition.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Makes sense to me! USA! USA! USA!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: angryproctologist

Or none of the above. Why would they want this ambassador dead? It's far more believable that the shooter has some connection (family perhaps) to Syria and wanted "revenge" for what Russia has done in Aleppo. You know, exactly what the shooter said on camera.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Read this after replying to your first post. How exactly would an assassination of a Russian envoy start world war 3? Do you honestly (lay down your partisan flag for just 3 seconds) believe that Hillary and co (even if they had the ability to pull this off) would start a world war just to stop Trump for taking the presidency? That is so utterly insane it boggles my mind.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Thank you! That is the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the news. This is about to get even worse than we've seen over the last 15 years!

Py

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SBargisen

Russia is one of the best militaries in the world? What world do you live on? Even if we ignore the corruption (which is rampant) and the aging equipment (which is constantly failing) you're still left with an army of conscripts. The vast majority of the Russian military are citizens that are required to serve only a single year. This includes basic training.

After Georgia, Putin has tried to turn the military around by weeding out corruption and getting more career soldiers. He hasn't really succeeded though.

I guess you didn't learn a lesson from the last two guys that doubted Russia's military capabilities...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not disputing your own claims but a reminder that Turkey also relies extremely heavily upon mandatory national service. I once accompanied one of our Turkish seafarers to the Turkish embassy in Sydney as he needed to prove he was working in an exempted occupation. Vaguely seem to remember that it wouldn't get him out fully but he could postpone for upto 10 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimSmith

Or none of the above. Why would they want this ambassador dead? It's far more believable that the shooter has some connection (family perhaps) to Syria and wanted "revenge" for what Russia has done in Aleppo. You know, exactly what the shooter said on camera.

Ah. Tugging at strings tied to emotions are we?

Why did the guy shoot a hole in the floor of a certain pizza joint?

Maybe your dude got his intel from a fake newssite?

Maybe the shooter was put up to it by his gov. handlers?

Maybe he has mental deficiencies? Most people who shoot other people for no reason are mentally deficient by default?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

What? I have no idea what you are trying to say. "My dude"?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

edit on 19-12-2016 by JimSmith because: double post

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

He did say he would retaliate against Russia for the hacking , which they didn't do. Could be messy.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: DJW001

He did say he would retaliate against Russia for the hacking , which they didn't do. Could be messy.

Do you really think Obama has the stones to order an assassination?

I don't think we had anything to do with it. I think the muddled political situation in Turkey right now has a lot more to do with that. That being said, what someone above said about the Arch Duke is something that could well be very appropriate.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Heard this on ABC, they saying ambassador was executed.

Just wondering, who do you think Russia will blame?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Hard to say what's really going on in spook land. This is a well planned and executed hit, by a mole. Shout some propaganda and run, he cant be interrogated. He might have thought he could escape, I wonder who shot him.

Whats Barry got to do with it? they just do as they are told.

edit on 19-12-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join