It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot and seriously wounded in Ankara

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALSGoes4th
Raw footage should anyone wish to see it:

www.youtube.com...

Discretion advised.

Sorry, I'm late to the discussion. But, has anyone translated this man's rant yet?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Russian ambassador killed by muslim, and now apparently some nutball has driven a truck into a Christmas market in Germany too.

Of course, these are "radicalised" people, we all know Islam is the religion of peace (or is that pieces?)

When will the world and the idiots who live on it WAKE THE HELL UP?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cheesyleps

Why would Russia attack Turkey?

Multiple reasons:

* Russia particularly in the last decade has rebuilt it's national identity based around a politics of aggression and a cult of personality around Putin. If he isn't seen to act strongly it damages that image.

Russia could not defeat Turkey militarily, that's why it only picks on smaller countries. Defeat by Turkey would tarnish the brand.

* An assassination of an ambassador by a member of another country's police force is about as clear a cassus belli as you can get.

Agreed. They will will probably use it as an excuse to extend bombing into Kurdish areas of Iraq, where they stand a better chance of winning.

* Payback relating to Turkey's actions in Syria: they shot down a Russian plane not long ago and Erdogan very recently stated his forces would remove Assad from power. Russia are all-in behind Assad at present and have been very clear about that.

They would have done something about it at the time. Here's why they did not:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

* Pre-emptive action to damage a potential enemy on the doorstep. Erdogan is quickly dismantling the Turkish state's secular constitution and replacing it with a burgeoning Islamic caliphate. A large part of his campaign propaganda was the restoration of the Ottoman empire.

That is too complicated domestically for Putin; Russia has a large Muslim population and it is relying on the Central Asian states to cooperate in rebuilding its empire.

* Destruction of NATO. Putin wants as much of the former Soviet union back as possible. The only thing that prevents that inevitability is NATO. Most military analysts agree that an attack upon a NATO country will result in either thermonuclear war or the disintegration of NATO. Either NATO follow through and defend their member or they prove instantly that the whole organisation is a charade. A Russian attack against a member is probably the biggest possible gamble anyone could make but the potential reward for Russia is huge. Most people believed it would be a baltic state like estonia that would be the flashpoint but given the world's current mistrust of Islam; Turkey may be a better target.

Too risky; as I 've pointed out, Russia just might lose. The Baltic states are smaller and would require NATO intervention.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
No real detail as yet just that the Russian ambassador , Andrei

Picture of the attacker.

How come with Islamic extremism, it's always the raised index finger. Osama Bin Laden, often pictured with the index finger raised. Arafat, index finger. I think I have even seen a few pictures of Abbu Bakr Al Bagdadi with the index finger.

I wonder if they are saying something here. Is it a phallic reference? Perhaps it what they want in their bedrooms. And that is where their real animosity is sourced in their sexuality. Maybe they weren't breast fed and have trouble bonding normally. I've seen vides that indicate that ISIS's Bagdadi is violating Islamic tradition and engaging in such conduct.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Something along the lines of "God is great, there is no God but God, time for you to suffer and die as we have in Syria, God is great." In that part of the world it is considered okay to kill someone supposedly made in God's image by shouting "God is great" as you do it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

How come with Islamic extremism, it's always the raised index finger.

I don't know. I just don't know.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Has it been reported that this man was a Turkish police officer? A google search took me to an Asian website and it had said he was an officer.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

Such a shame that he didn't have security with him, seems really strange not to have at least 1 security guard on the ambassador.

I thought the source stated that they thought the shooter was their security?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wonder if Putin handles this the same way Obama handled the loss of Ambassador Stevens.

I hope so, last we need is the start of a full scale war in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The shooter was a member of the Ankora Polices special forces unit - he WAS the bodyguard.

If they're muslim - I'm afraid you can't trust them, because their ideology comes above everything.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Which means he infiltrated them or was he turned after he was employed.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I want to see a joint fight to completely wipe out all radical Muslims from the face of this earth

Trump and Putin, i can't wait
edit on 115k2016Mondaypm014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

The problem with that is distinguishing a radical Muslim from a Muslim , both the west and East has found that difficult to do.

We risk killing the patient to cure the disease.

edit on 19-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
I do not condone terrorism. However you have to at least credit this one for going after a real player other than blowing up random people like his comrades tend to do. Nobody innocent died. At least not yet, let's hope this doesn't escalate and cause even more unnecessary bloodshed.

Are you saying that it is somehow more acceptable for a government official to get shot than anyone else? How is this ambassador "a real player"; what factors decide that he is not "innocent"? Has he done something that makes him more deserving of being attacked, shot in the back?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
I do not condone terrorism. However you have to at least credit this one for going after a real player other than blowing up random people like his comrades tend to do. Nobody innocent died. At least not yet, let's hope this doesn't escalate and cause even more unnecessary bloodshed.

Are you saying that it is somehow more acceptable for a government official to get shot than anyone else? How is this ambassador "a real player"; what factors decide that he is not "innocent"? Has he done something that makes him more deserving of being attacked, shot in the back?

I believe the point being made is that an attack was made against an agent of a government, and a high ranking one (all things considered) as opposed to an attack carried out against people trying to buy Christmas gifts or walking down the road, or on holiday, and more than likely have had absolutely nothing to do with anything the attacker is pissed off about.

Which is a sentiment I've seen echoed more than once on ATS, usually when a cop is killed.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
I want to see a joint fight to completely wipe out all radical Muslims from the face of this earth

Trump and Putin, i can't wait
Its time the world took a proper stance on exterminating these vermin!

(post by Power_Semi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I guarantee the CIA is behind this, Turkey and Russia had been getting a bit to friendly for TPTB's liking lately....

And the Russian Troll Army leaps into action!

This guy...

This guy right here...

Tin foil hat is on tight again today? Seen any of them boogyman Russians lately? HAHAHAHa.

But on topic...

I think there would be cause to put a divide between Russia and Turkey. The west doesnt want them to be friends. Turkey IS a NATO country so its in Putins best interests to have them as close as possible, If possible.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
During a speech.... Implies its straight up assassination style.

Quite a critical time for that part of the world, with Aleppo and the likes.....

Reminds me of the beginnings of WW1.

Really? You must be really old?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join