It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live - Electoral College vote - C-SPAN

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Better check again....

No, you check again. The Constitution stipulates that he be a "natural born citizen." No mention of a birth certificate. Sorry, strict construction. After all, the Constitution is a dead document.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

neither has Clinton and shes worse at 56%.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Forget Clinton. It's all Trump, all the time now.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: DJW001

No law requires the President to show a birth certificate either.

Better check again....
He has to be vetted and present it at that time.A legitimate one . Of course , Pee-low-si and Reid vetted Obama.....
Well , the POSUS Obama is on his way out . Why does that make me remember a song
Na na na na , na na na na , hey hey hey , GOODBYE

Trump will be sworn in on Jan 20th . And apparently , Trump picked up 4 faithless electors from Washington State. Clinton picked up 2 in Texas. Thats a +2 for the Don .

The WA State electors didn't go trump...It was Colin Powell, Bernie Sanders and Some eagle guy to represent the pipeline protestors.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Actually, the part of the Constitution that states the President's requirements to serve (at least 35 years old, and a natural born citizen) can be used as a challenge if the candidate (or winner) is of questionable background.

That's why it's there.

Obama's mother was a US citizen, so if she renounced her citizenship, then Obama being born in Kenya (if he was) would have been a big deal. However, to my knowledge, she never renounced her citizenship. So, it has always been a moot point, IMO.

Some Liberals WERE saying Cruz couldn't run because he was born in Canada to an American mother. But, McCain ran no problem and was born in Panama.

Political opportunism, is all it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Right...and that is why Trump won. Democrats managed to field the only candidate capable of losing to Trump.

Pretty remarkable...Hell in the Fox Survey Joe Biden beats Trump by 10 points right now in Favorability...

Same Survey? Only 11% think Trump will be a "Great President"..
www.foxnews.com...

He really does look like the suckiest President-Elect ever..
edit on 19-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

The WA electors were all democrats and were required to vote for Clinton not Trump.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

The WA electors were all democrats and were required to vote for Clinton not Trump.

Does every exchange with you have to be confusing?

The poster said that Trump "picked up" those electors...he did not...they filed protest votes, but not for Trump or Clinton. They rightly assumed Clinton was going to lose so they voted for other people ...not thinking they would win, but to make a statement...

In an act of symbolic protest, three electors voted for former Secretary of State Colin Powell, and one cast a vote for Faith Spotted Eagle, a Native American elder from South Dakota. It's the first time in four decades that any Washington electors have broken from the state's popular vote for president.

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: xuenchen

Looks like more defectors from Hillary than Trump.

Total failure.

And to think you guys already had the conspiracy concocted and were ready to call for civil war if Trump didn't get the votes.

The words of civil wars were coming from the mouths of liberals, not anybody else...

Calls for civil war are coming from the Right as well. Look on some of the ATS threads.

I haven't seen any threats of civil war outside of the left.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

You seem to have forgotten the first rule of holes:

Rule #1 - When you find yourself in one, stop digging.

That is all. Carry on...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Congrats to Trump.

Can we come together now?

I am sure he will receive the same heartfelt support from the left that Obama got from the right: they will claim he is not an American citizen and demand to see his birth certificate. When he produces it, they will claim that it is a forgery. They will then accuse him of being a secret Muslim, call every piece of legislation he proposes "fascist," accuse him of treason and hold mock "grand juries." And, thanks to the National Enquirer, his autistic daughter is now fair game for front page headlines. Enjoy.

Well since the GOP now has a Supermajority like Obama did they can pass anything they want, even deem something to pass on Christmas Eve while the Democrats look on.
edit on 19-12-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Democrats managed to field the only candidate capable of losing to Trump.

This is a very true statement, or at least very close. As a republican I wanted Saunders nowhere close to the ballot because I honestly believe he would have won.

That's why I don't understand all the Clinton finger pointing. Until they admit they lost the election, they will continue to lose supporters for the party. It shows just how far removed from the American people that they are, and they don't care.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
Hes won for 2nd time,good on him,as i said before if it was me and had to vote then i would have voted trump.

hilary clinton to me was a snake in the grass,as trustworthy as a chocolate fire guard.

all these celebritys coming out with their millions telling people how it should be was a massive mistake,who thought that idea up will probablly be sacked in the morning.

don,t have the super rich telling the (common people) sorry the normal people how they should vote cause this is the chance to fight back and say

f**k you who are you to tell us what to do.

A star for you friend.
And I could not of said it any better.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Better check again....

No, you check again. The Constitution stipulates that he be a "natural born citizen." No mention of a birth certificate. Sorry, strict construction. After all, the Constitution is a dead document.

"Some folks , if they dont know , you cant tell them "-Louis Armstrong
I asked you to check. It is part of any candidate's vetting process to prove they ARE natural born citizens. And it has to be certified by the Speaker of the House and Senate majority leader
Evidently you didnt check
So ,
Game over and you never had not one token

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Better check again....

No, you check again. The Constitution stipulates that he be a "natural born citizen." No mention of a birth certificate.

How do you propose to prove you are a natural born citizen without a birth certificate?

Sorry, strict construction. After all, the Constitution is a dead document.

"The Constitution is not a living organism. It's a legal document, and it says what it says and doesn't say what it doesn't say." - Justice Scalia, RIP
edit on 19-12-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OK then

Wow Washington State DNC people really didn't like Hillary, voting for a GOP guy who never even ran, she lost half her votes in that state. And Ron Paul got a vote In Texas, nice. I don mind Trump losing 1 vote to Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Clinton lost another vote in Hawaii.
3 out of 4 electors voted for Clinton.
There was one vote for Sanders

journalstar.com... a6a40fad20b5.html

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Britguy
Just been looking at the BBC and The Independent websites and not a mention yet of this victory!

I expect they have feature writers on conference calls right now wondering how they can put another negative spin on it.

Obama will declare today, "Opposite Day" and hand Hillary the win.

Had to come back once as the Titor of positive inversion and say
'Cat, you have the world by its own tail . NOW WHAT?'

In an upside-down world, or better yet nuts, who better to be named
to the Court o' St. James but the Hatter himself? Kudos Mr. Ambassador.

Give her my fond regards, and I'm gonna go for therapy instead. BWAhaha

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal
a reply to: Xcathdra

I really enjoyed this thread OP !
Cheers Everyone!
Fun to follow it as the pages
unfolded.

S&F

Thank you, and everyone else, for stopping by and sounding off. It was one of the better political threads imo

I enjoyed it as well, even with me being a nevertrumper. I even started to personally like UK

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
It's official. Trump wins!

I'm glad to get ^this^ from the guy whom was originally Sir
Walter Charles Dance. If it wasn't for heroes we wouldn't know
where t burrow. And most welcome your reinforcement.!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Democrats managed to field the only candidate capable of losing to Trump.

This is a very true statement, or at least very close.
It shows just how far removed from the American people that they are, and they don't care.
/

It was a cause for great sadness-- that you said almost half of us
have lost 'track' of what we once were. It is so near impossible now
for us as Americans to regain what we once were; by being taught
to be other than what we are supposed to be. I care too damned much.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join