It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastic Fake rice from China

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: Blaine91555

This story has been around for about five years and not a single credible source of information has picked up on it?

Bu..bu..bu..but Natural News! They said so!

I forgive them, they have lots of stuff to sell that nobody wants until they are told they want it.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we've discussed this here before and it turned out that it wasn't made for eating but to be thrown at weddings instead of wasting good food.
It's possible that some people didn't read the packaging properly and have tried to cook it.
Do people eat the wax fruit in decorative table settings?
Just another scare story originating at Natural News I think.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

I completely agree with you there, I have been researching plastic and specifically what is left when you break it down to reuse it. There is a plethora of plastic types because of that very issue and then all the chemicals that go into each type of plastic to make it what it is, same amount of ingredients for some food recipes.

I just would expect more flammability from the rice if it contained plastic or chemicals used for plastic production. Specifically because most of those plastics are polymers of hydrocarbons and as a result are high flammable. You don't see the black tar or even a chemical reaction like you'd expect when heating plastic / plastic chemicals.

Not if its got "UL Approved" materials added, i used to hate supplying into the USA purely for the UL approval process, what a pain. I understand why they would require flame retardency etc, but the end colour is so far from specification (especially in white) when you are running batches for the US and the Rest of the World .......... LOL, then you get mix ups in the assembly plant ....... UL product fitted to "standard" product, it stands out a mile coz it looks yellow instead of white

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Right just a quick update to add to your site, this has made BBC news so it is Valid and there IS plastic rice, not only rice made from rice dust and liquid chemical's but actual plastic rice being sold by unscrupulous business men.

Over in Nigeria the police just seized a shipment of PLASTIC rice and the story make's mention of Rice found in china made from PLASTIC bead's, now having worked in injection molding I Can verify that there is such a thing as waste plastic that can often not be re-used economically so I would assume that this fake rice is made from similar toxic plastic waste, indeed the way that molding press work is to have plastic grain's or bead's fed into the mold at a temperature high enough to semi liquefy them (controlling the molding process also depends' upon viscosity with is temperature sensitive depending on the polymer product you are using), they are forced in under pressure by a screw mechanism and pressed into the mold shape then the press seperate and the semi finished product is removed then manually flashed by hand (those little plastic protrusion's which are not part of the product are then cut off by hand with sharp knives) but simple mold design's are not so finicky and I am talking about thing's such as printer chassis and car part's such as dashboard's, air conditioning vent's etc.

Most such industry these day's is of course in China so therefore they must have ample waste plastic.

Here is that story and YES it does verify PLASTIC rice.
www.bbc.co.uk...

You know I often wonder of the mainstream NEWS researchers trawl site's like ATS then set out to verify them as after all ATS is actually a great source of non mainstream NEWS and also a great site for letting off opinionated steam, it is not however a fake news site and the idiot's that tried to claim that need to see how the site moderator's often consign dodgy news and rumor to the fake (hoax) bin which of course usually automatically closes any related thread and put's it under the hoax heading so a good on ATS there and very likely a good one on yourself for creating a general interest thread that possibly inspired the mainstream for a change.

edit on 21-12-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Given the number of things the Beeb gets wrong, I'm not sure a news story there is grounds for validity.

eta: the article's incisive investigative reporting bases its case on 'it was too sticky' and 'it might have had an unusual odor'. No hard data whatsoever.

Typical of BBC anymore. It's a sad day when the Sun and the Mirror get things more often right.
edit on 21-12-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I know some of these claims have been debunked in the past. I wonder if stories like these are made to further tarnish the reputation of China.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767u

Your link does not prove verify it was fake rice.

They've sent a sample to the laboratories to determine exactly what the "rice" is made of.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I have to give you that, the Beeb is not the perfect news agency and indeed these days is struggling under a government who do not even know which hand to use when they go the toilette.

Purplemer good point BUT that is really just diverting from the point now is'nt it and diverting from the point, let's just call it what it is, FAKE RICE that is being sold as consumable rice with potential health risk's and stop beating about the bush.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

who knows if it IS fake in any way? All they say is they believe it is, based on it being sticky. That's pretty weak evidence for anything, much less a proof that it's plastic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join