It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Love Songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Perhaps a Millennial could explain Taylor Swift's song "New Romantics" to me. It sounds like a horrific way to live. I like the song a lot, but the reason I like it is because it helps me to experience a mentality that I can't fathom.

www.youtube.com...

"Don't Go Away Mad" by Mötley Crüe inspired this thread. It popped into my head when I was thinking about a woman I know.

www.youtube.com...

Does the song below belong here? It's always struck me as being a sado-masochistic-type thing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm not a millennial, but I get it.

However, this album introduces Taylor’s new mindset and approach towards love. We see her transition through a breakup and making the discovery that love is not a fairytale, and the chances of a happy ending is very unlikely – so it’s better to live life freely and not take relationships too seriously.

Genius

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Cher's contribution

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Manson - Para-Noir

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

After feasting on Netflix this winter, I find that in the movies featuring the younger set both domestic and foreign that hooking up without the attachment of love is common and the angst is clear. Yet many of the movies have fairlytale endings. Perhaps the reality of percentages of divorces and long-term splitting of partners is making itself known across our cultures.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

After feasting on Netflix this winter, I find that in the movies featuring the younger set both domestic and foreign that hooking up without the attachment of love is common and the angst is clear.

Every generation's "younger generation" goes through that.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Chris Cornell "Murder of Blue Skies"

Has the line "I can't wait to never be with you again". The first time I heard it I was like wait..what?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

There's profanity in the song if that bothers anyone.

edit on 19/12/1616 by jokei because: I forgot there were swears in the song

top topics

join