It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats happening with my Internet Eplorer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I do not use Internet Explorer at all. I havent used it for the last couple years. If could uninstall it I would. I use FireFox only.

Just doing some clean up and I saw these figures come up:

IE temp folders - 47mb
IE Cashe - 49.9mb
IE Cookies File – 12.4 kb

I've been having trouble with Microsoft updating my system with win10 KBs even though though I've got the no updates settings locked up as tight as possible in both the services area and in the download settings.

My computer seems to be using a lot of bandwidth lately too so if all this means that MS is using IE to overide my privacy settings what do i do to fix this situation?

thanks for all help

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
No matter what browser you use Windows still does carry out some actions with Internet Explorer, SSL certificate storage etc is done through I.E., I've had trouble with Chrome before which was fixed by opening internet Explorer and clearing the SSL certificates so that it downloaded them again even though I, like you and anyone else with any sense, never use internet Explorer (this was a few years ago, I now use linux only) but temp files will still be stored in the folder I.E. would have used, SSL certificates are still grabbed from I.E. for some reason and some windows processes that require internet will appear to run through internet Explorer. So shouldn't be anything to worry about but for real or at least better online security, move away from Windows altogether if you can, although I know some people can't because they have a gaming pc etc, an area that linux so far still lags behind but like I said, overall shouldn't be a worry. Use a VPN.

Hope this helps a bit,
Regards,
Elijah23

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Elijah23

Thanks for the explanation is provides some measure of resolution but with 50 meg of data I would have thought that must be a lot of certificates. Anyway I would rather that explanation be right then my suspicion that its MS invading my computer.

thanks.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

With reference to your bandwidth being used up faster, I remember reading how Windows 10 uses peoples computers and bandwidth to seed other peoples windows 10 installations and updates.

This article might come in handy - 'Microsoft uses your device to seed Windows 10 Updates. Here’s how to disable it' - www.soyacincau.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've stopped going into Internet Explorer over the last couple of years because I found it unusable. It gets me into MSNnews by default, and won't even allow me to begin typing in a search term for the first five minutes or so, apparently because it wants to load up all the advertisements first. This is definitely IE, rather than MSN as such, because I can enter MSN via Firefox without experiencing the same problems. As far as I'm concerned, IE has shot itself in the foot by forcing me away.

edit on 19-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Windows is Microsoft.. .no matter the browser you choose...they will always be a part of your system unless you get rid of windows so.. ...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

With reference to your bandwidth being used up faster, I remember reading how Windows 10 uses peoples computers and bandwidth to seed other peoples windows 10 installations and updates.

This article might come in handy - 'Microsoft uses your device to seed Windows 10 Updates. Here’s how to disable it' - www.soyacincau.com...

Thank you for that but what version of windows is that? Mine is win 7 and looks nothing like that.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ah sorry bud, I'd assumed you'd been forced into the windows 10 update, you should probably just disregard my comment in that case, sorry, I tried lol

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Ah sorry bud, I'd assumed you'd been forced into the windows 10 update, you should probably just disregard my comment in that case, sorry, I tried lol

no worries mate, not a problem, we all do things like that. cheers

top topics

join