It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia lobbies US over 9/11 law Allows 9/11 Victims to Sue, I Bet They Are Lobbying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I wonder what would come out in court if this law is allowed to stay the way it is? Very interesting to me.

Saudi foreign minister has been lobbying US legislators to change the law allowing 911 victims the ability to sue the Kingdom. The minister is has returned home after an extended stay trying to get the law changed.

Riyadh (AFP) - Saudi Arabia's foreign minister has been lobbying US legislators to change a law allowing victims of the September 11, 2001 attacks to sue the kingdom, he said on Sunday.

Adel al-Jubeir told reporters he has just returned from an extended stay in the United States, which was partly "to try to persuade them that there needs to be an amendment of the law", the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act (JASTA).

www.yahoo.com...

JASTA is the acronym for the law that allows 911 victims the ability to sue the Saudi's. The law will allow the use of US federal court for the suits and the victims can demand compensation for damages. There concern that this could in turn be used against the US when our military is used and mistakes are made.

JASTA allows attack survivors and relatives of terrorism victims to pursue cases against foreign governments in US federal court, and to demand compensation if those governments are proven to bear some responsibility for attacks on US soil.

"We believe the law, that curtails sovereign immunities, represents a grave danger to the international system," Jubeir said at a joint press conference with visiting US Secretary of State John Kerry.

In opposing the law, Obama said it would harm US interests by opening up the United States to private lawsuits over its military missions abroad.

edit on 18-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

We're gonna blame the Sauds for starting the war on terror? The "coalition" did that together.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We wouldn't be blaming anyone. The people who had losses because of 911 would be able to have "their day in court". I think the Saudi's have grave concerns about the light of day hitting the facts.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They are desperate now, Obama will be gone in a few short weeks and they won`t make headway with trump on this issue.

if they have nothing to hide then this law shouldn`t even raise an eyebrow.they know they are guilty,an innocent person would welcome their day in court to prove their innocence and put to rest all the rumors.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Saudi government funded extremism in U.S. mosques and charities: report

I think that Saudi Arabia is pretty worried that some secrets will see the light of day.

Very worried.

Saudi Arabia was funding Muslim radicalism in mosques and charities at the time the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers were gathering in the United States and making contacts with Saudi nationals, according to a declassified intelligence document.

To jihad watchers, the paper confirms their charges that the Saudi government and its wealthy citizens fund extremist teachings in America. To this day, the kingdom is pressing its harsh Wahhabi Sunni Islam on American Muslims as it seeks to spread Islam around the world, they say.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I don't think an innocent person ever want to go to court. And they are really worried that there dirty little secrets will come out. The last 2 POTUS allowed it to be hidden, Trump is a wild card. Pants are being pooped. I love it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wonder what will happen once foreign nationals start suing our government for actions taken in their countries. Anyone have a running list of places the US has dropped bombs in the last decade or so?

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

They are desperate now, Obama will be gone in a few short weeks and they won`t make headway with trump on this issue.

Can't blame Obama for this one. This was a by bipartisan piece of legislation, aimed at pandering for votes from "everyday Americans", that Obama warned against enacting.

In opposing the law, Obama said it would harm US interests by opening up the United States to private lawsuits over its military missions abroad.

edit on 18-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

I can't think of a place a bomb that was dropped that should have been.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Saudi's are not our friends and support terrorizing the world, enough said!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Saudi's are not our friends and support terrorizing the world, enough said!

The same could be said for the US . Or any other country in historical perspective.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: intrptr

We wouldn't be blaming anyone. The people who had losses because of 911 would be able to have "their day in court". I think the Saudi's have grave concerns about the light of day hitting the facts.

I think it sets a precedent to sue other countries for stuff they do to America, merited or not.

its a whole can of worms, one we can get behind because everyone wants payback for 911. Or do we?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I don't think an innocent person ever want to go to court. And they are really worried that there dirty little secrets will come out. The last 2 POTUS allowed it to be hidden, Trump is a wild card. Pants are being pooped. I love it.

Dirty secrets. Saudis piloted the planes, and they act on our behalf as proxy in the wars that were started after.

Dirty secrets indeed, all the way to the top of our gubment, not theirs.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So basically it's a circle jerk so governments can't be sued for false flags on one another.

Military mistakes, I meant. Mistakes....oops.

new topics

top topics

join