It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Precisely what I have noticed. I live in a quite blue area. A University town no less. I hear Merry Christmas constantly....amazing. Never once heard an explosion over it.

I lived in Chicago most of my life. Merry Christmas said and plastered on buildings. Not a single explosion. Amazing isn't it?

I'm a Wiccan of the Egyptian pantheon. Hear Merry Christmas all the time to me. Odd....I've never once wanted to flip my **** over it.

Yes there are idiots out there on social media. But once again, OP is looking at a tiny percentage of the loud mouths out there who, while I agree with a lot of what they are selling, I don't listen to because they make even me sick with their overacting BS. Yet, the vast portion of blue/left/Democrats/liberals, have yet to flip out, even when they disagree.

And just to be fair, I also know quite well that it is a tiny portion of the red/right/Republicans/conservatives who are vicious loud-mouthed racists on social media. The vast population of Republicans I've met never did me wrong even though, outside of gun control, I disagree on most of their stances.

What I truly believe is that both sides need to stop basing their opinions on social media's front for the opposing side.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I made a similar thread to this when Trump first said it

I couldnt believe the hostility I got.

I guarantee 99% of the people who now say "happy holidays" wouldnt have 20 years ago and the reason they changed was due to a BS whitewashing campaign.

Im not convinced theres some grand conspiracy against Christmas I just think the moronic PC police went to far.
This nonsense needs to be pushed back against, if anyone is offended by "Merry Christmas" they do not belong in a liberal western society

EDIT: the total percentage of non Christian religious people in the US is 4%, How fecked up is it that something as pleasant as "Merry Christmas" was changed to keep 1 in 25 people happy

Links to hostile comment please., because....I don't believe you

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So you're mad that people are saying what they feel like saying because you think they're being PC? Maybe they just felt like it.

A Happy Non-Secular Gift Giving Day to you & yours!!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Ummm speaking as a Pagan, no it is not a stolen holiday, it happens to be coincident with several Pagan high days however. Saturnalia, Yule, and more. However its not stolen.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So today at work someone said Happy Holidays to me and I almost said Happy Holidays back but I caught myself and I responded with Merry Christmas and I got a Merry Christmas back. So I don't understand why you say Happy Holidays when deep down you want to say Merry Christmas?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Sounds like "First World" problems to me.

Nothing wrong with 1st World problems.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No normal person ever cared about this. Say Merry Christmas or happy holidays or whatever you like. I remember when the news made up the war on Christmas. It was fake news then and it's fake news now. The news says a lot of things to sell stories. Only ISIS hates Christmas and ISIS is the worst.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Happy Holidays.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ferchristsakes just say Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas depending on who you are talking to, or say both, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.. I'm not offended either way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join