It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is right we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: plaindoughnut

Merry Christmas! I hope this turns out to be a white one, looks that way so far. All the Christmas songs playing, great time of the year.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Beatus Saturnalia gentes.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
How about we just don't be babies about saying it. I celebrate Christmas, and I say merry Christmas to people. If someone celebrates Hanukkah and says happy Hanukkah , should I get bent out of shape and sue them? What happened to freedom of speech?
edit on 18-12-2016 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: pirhanna

Exactly. But to hear these guys talk, they are the ones being oppressed. It's absurd.

Having to endure someone telling you Happy Holidays does not consitute religious persecution. Try being a Christian in the Middle East right now if you care to understand persecution.

I dont think you followed what I was saying. Read it again.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: pirhanna

Exactly. But to hear these guys talk, they are the ones being oppressed. It's absurd.

Having to endure someone telling you Happy Holidays does not consitute religious persecution. Try being a Christian in the Middle East right now if you care to understand persecution.

I dont think you followed what I was saying. Read it again.

No thanks, I understood what you were saying perfectly. When I wrote about religious persecution, I was not referring to you, but to OP and complaining crew trying to force everyone else into saying Merry Christmas. If my post wasn't clear enough I apologise.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Perfectly applicable to the celebration of Christmas:

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Romans 14:5-12

Therefore Christmas is not a pagan celebration to me. It's a day I esteem above others because it commemorates the birth of Christ.

I'm not offended by Happy Holidays because Merry Christmas has religious significance to me and I can't expect a non believer to return such a greeting so Happy Holidays works especially when a longer or more detailed response would be inappropriate; like in a business transaction. I'm also not offended if they respond with whatever Holiday they observe or even a good evening.

I mean what's important is that both sides of the conversation are allowed to say pretty much whatever they want. I don't like when it's purposely avoided but that seems, to me, to have peaked a few years ago. Stupid stuff like calling it a "Holiday Tree". I'm not going to call a menorah or a kinara a "holiday candelabra" or a dreidel a "Holiday top". (Hey Google Dreidel, then Christmas Tree, and then Kwanzaa. I didn't know they did that. That's cool.) I never stopped saying Merry Christmas and I've never met anyone who was offended by it.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
It's all fun and games calling other people butthurt until your holiday gets targeted to be censored and/or removed because the 1% find it offensive. Calling a spade a spade.

1%...."calling a spade a spade" We get it.....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I say Merry Christmas. If someone says Happy Holidays, I say it back to them. It is Christmas and it's also a Holiday. The thing is, at one time it became politically correct to say Happy Holidays because some folks were offended by Merry Christmas. Some people are offended by a simple manger set up in a mall which is no longer allowed. There will always be someone offended by something. If it's Christmas and a time of love and goodwill and all, what the hell is the problem?

It's not like people are shoving hatred in your faces, something vile and evil. Sheesh!

Merry Christmas, love and peace to one and all.

If anyone is having an Un-Merry Christmas because of bad times or whatever, I made this for you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have always been an Equal Opportunity Celebrator
Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah
Happy Kwanzaa

And I dont give a rat's a** who is against that.....

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Happy summer/winter solstice is my preference saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

One of my favourite xmas songs.
These guys are hilarious you should check out their bacon song called RUB SOME BACON ON IT
or their song about OCDs

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Sounds like "First World" problems to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Happy Horus day!!..Amen--Ra to all..

edit on 18-12-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I never stopped saying Merry Christmas, and nobody's ever been offended. I say Merry Christmas to non-Christian Indians regularly, who always respond with a smile and a Merry Christmas. I get the impression they really appreciate it and feel left out because most people don't say it to them. I tell Jews Happy Hannukah, but only when it's clear they're Jewish. Sometimes I Merry Christmas a Jew, and I'll get a smirking response: "Happy Hannukah?" And we'll have a chuckle.

Point being, never have I encountered outrage. I don't understand what is with these people and their imaginary "War on Christmas" who feel like they're not allowed to say Merry Christmas anymore. I guess the delicate snowflakes are just terrified they'll come across one of the 8 people in the entire US who will take offense.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Trump is right we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

"We" who?!?
If you fancy yourself a 'Xtian', feel free!
Or are you saying that everyone should be forced to repeat your silly little personal mantra under penalty of law? Death? Torture?

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If someone is offended by Merry Christmas, that's on them. That means that they are a jerk not you. If somebody comes up to me and says happy Hanukkah I will say Happy Hannukah back and appreciate that they included me in their holiday. That's how a normal person reacts.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

we need to start saying "Merry Christmas" again

Nobody needs to say anything. People can say what they want. I never stopped saying "Merry Christmas" and I was saying "Happy Holidays" long before the PC police came along.... because there are several holidays within roughly a six week period of time. So it is a perfectly cromulent thing to say.

I've been sending out Christmas cards for 35 years, and every year I buy one box of very Christian cards for family and friends who I know are Christian, and one box with "Seasons Greetings" or "Happy Holidays" for my non-Christian friends.

And I'm happy to accept anyone's "happy" or "merry" or "blessed" wishes for anything!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff EDIT: the total percentage of non Christian religious people in the US is 4%, How fecked up is it that something as pleasant as "Merry Christmas" was changed to keep 1 in 25 people happy

It must be the same people that think the transgenders (0.6% of US population) is ok for wieners to be in the ladies bathroom and vice versa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join