It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Glad things are looking on the up for you Kali x Remember bald is beautful, and I bet you'd look more awesome than Sinead O'Connor!

My mum - she had SCLC and was in remission - may have cancer again. She's got a red patch in her mouth that hasn't gone away and is starting to hurt. She was getting new full dentures and the dentist is very concerned, and her oncologist too so she's going to have a biopsy.

(post by buckwhizzle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Good luck wishes for your Mum auroraaus!

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Thank you

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
Glad things are looking on the up for you Kali x Remember bald is beautful, and I bet you'd look more awesome than Sinead O'Connor!

My mum - she had SCLC and was in remission - may have cancer again. She's got a red patch in her mouth that hasn't gone away and is starting to hurt. She was getting new full dentures and the dentist is very concerned, and her oncologist too so she's going to have a biopsy.

Sorry to hear your mum is having troubles. How long ago did she finish chemo? Sometimes some of the side effects don't pop up til much later and mouth sores is one of them. Is she rinsing with baking soda and water? That really helps. I never (hopefully never) had to deal with those. I hope all turns out well.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How you feeling Mamma-ji?

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I think (these years go so fast and in a blur) her last chemo and radiation was early 2015. Her remaining teeth fell out and she's been sans teeth for a couple of years. She couldn't afford dentures or anything until recently being qualifed for a health care card.

I am a proponent of the baking soda myself! I use it for so many things, including teeth cleaning (as an added cleanser)!

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ask me in a month

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It's now in my Outlook calendar.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thinking of you Kali and hoping you are feeling ok.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Ask me in a month

It's a month.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
How are you doing Kali???

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was only able to start chemo two weeks ago. My platelet count had been hovering at around 40k. Normal I believe is above 150k. We did a couple of platelet infusions (thank you donors) and we're starting slow. Two weeks on instead of three, two weeks off instead of one.

I do think I'm getting a teeny bit stronger though. I'm feeling slightly more normal. The main cause of my weakness was/is severe edema... lymphedema actually which won't really clear until the cancer is beaten back a bit. So the fact I'm starting to feel less squished is a good sign I think.

Thanks for caring guys.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Thanks for the update Kali! Hugs!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the update. I hope this works for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Additional strength can only be a good thing.

Lovely to see you in bright spirits, Kali.

X

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sending you healing and happy energy. May your chemo treatment be interspersed with fluffy kittens, puppies, the odd dark chocolate and much much much laughter.

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Kali, I'm not on the site much anymore, but I want you to know I think about you everyday, and I mean EVERY DAY.
Rest, eat, and stay focused on a healthy body. So glad the swelling is better. Be well, darling girl.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thank you kind lady.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Additional strength can only be a good thing.

Lovely to see you in bright spirits, Kali.

X

Xx

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join