It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

Hopefully I'll never hear my medical team say those dreaded, there's nothing else we can do, words... but if it comes to that, I won't hesitate to try that. One thing about being eligible for drug trials is that generally you can't have high levels of THC in your body. Not because they are trying to keep a cure hush, hush or anything like that but because they're starting to study cannabis medically. They're just concerned with it interfering in clinical trial results.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat
a reply to: Kali74

Hi Kali,

I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Since I have been here at ATS, I have come to find that we are a pretty tough crowd.

Keep up that good fight. Come here every day and beat the stuffing out of DC. Hahahaha.. He deserves it.

I'm not really good with my own words. I found this poem and thought you might like it.

OH!!! AND.... Women who are bald are very beautiful. (I am a female)LOL!!

That is beautiful, thank you so much. I'm going to post that on my FB.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

This is how my mother moved on, but she refused to go through the treatment, she opted for quality of life and the ability to control her own time frame, I was the only one besides my Dad that she told, until it was hospice time, then she got the chance to say goodbye to everyone.

That you decided to aggressively fight means you have decided it was too soon for you to give up, my Mom was 78 and just was ready, you are far to young for this to have manifested the way it did. I will send what ever positive energy I can your way with the hope that you can survive long enough to really make peace with those you hold dear.
edit on 12-18-2016 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Open_Minded Skeptic

Thank you, you two are the best... it really means a lot to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalDisaster
i don't know you but i just wanted to say,i wish you all the best and i really hope you beat this.
I lost my dad to lung cancer in June of this year, he was 66.
I don't know why i am telling you this, in fact it is the first time i have talked about it on the internet since...

My thoughts go out to you and your family,keep fighting and stay strong!

Sometimes those connections just happen, you see the thing or read the words that you needed to. I'm so sorry for your loss.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Thank you. I actually handled chemo very well the first time and I'm hoping to able to this time as well, so for me it was well worth it because I would already be gone if I hadn't done it and my quality of life wasn't affected terribly much. In fact I've worse bouts of the flu lol.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They found a tumor in my husband's right lung the summer before last. While we were waiting for the pathology report, I was frantically googling lung cancer online - big mistake. To calm myself, I googled "lung cancer survivors" and found many, many stories of people beating lung cancer - even at the advanced stages. Lucky for us, my husband had a rare carcinoid tumor, rather than the typical carcinoma. Very slow growing and hardly ever metastasizes. He just had to have 2/3 of his right lung removed and problem solved.

You obviously have a bigger fight on your hands, but remember those survivor stories. They are real!

I can tell that like Benevolent Heretic, you are one tough cookie. If anyone can beat this, you can!

All my positive thoughts your way...

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I am sure your immune system is compromised, and I am glad you are still fighting it, but my Mom being 78, she just wasn't willing to go through it. Keep fighting the good fight though, believe me I am pulling for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thanks! I'm happy that your husbands case was so manageable though that surgery and recovery must have sucked.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Hi

I wish you a lot of luck, strenght and power of will on your fight against it ! My father went through it last year and he was so weak after treatments that he had to use wheelchair for some while after that. He made it through and i hope you keep positive no matter what.
Not sure what kind of circumstances we have met here on ATS and it is not even important.. just keep fighting and not givin up !

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: kaylaluv

Thanks! I'm happy that your husbands case was so manageable though that surgery and recovery must have sucked.

Yep, the surgery and recovery wasn't fun. But he's a fighter too, so we got through it. Now he continues with his annual summer wilderness hikes in the high country of Colorado. High altitude, thinner air - no problem!

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I don't know you but I am sending out prayers. I know you can beat this.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Just want you to know I am pulling for you. We are close in age, with a daughter and wife. The mention of not wanting to leave your child alone, broke my heart, it a secret fear of mine and probably most parents, but your comment and situation made it sorrowfully palpable.

My father and sister are in remission, I will wish the same for you.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I will be praying for you Kali.

Did I read you are in Boston? I'm a 1/2 hour South of Boston. Boston has the best medical treatment centers in the country; you are in the right place.

Now praying for some miracles

edit on 18-12-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that they're able to do something.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

If your posts are any indication, you seem like a fighter, and the cancer will regret picking a fight with you. Despite political differences, you have the entire ATS community in your corner on this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The laws of attraction are strange, I feel closer to you knowing this and I think it has a lot to do with being exposed to your persona(lity) consistently for 4+ years - you get to know a person and I like strong confident people because they are doers and not just sayers.

YOU are a doer and you can do this and I am with you all the way.

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The best people seem to be handed the most difficult burdens. Al of my good thoughts and prayers for you

posted on Dec, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
best wishes hope u recover !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join