It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Kali, your interview answers were so funny! Loved it! Mason has a great thread going on there and I'm always looking forward to his next 'victim'. LOL

Hope you are doing well Hun!!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Dear Kali,

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this! Cancer treatment is nothing short of brutal - I know because I had chemo for 6 months with Hodgkin's as a young woman. You have my strongest wishes for your recovery, and for your ease during treatment.

If you take hugs, consider yourself massively embraced.

- AB

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thanks AB. The treatment really isn't brutal and good news...

I had a CT scan today and there is shrinkage. The treatment is working!
edit on 2/13/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Great news!!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Glad to hear it!I will still be praying for you whether you want it or not!

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Good News and glad you are doing so well with the treatment. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the update.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

F*** yes! I'm so happy to hear that. We used to spar and disagree, but I have a deep respect for you, and am so happy to hear you're improving.

Love from the PNW. You'll kick this thing's ass, no problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Fantastic news! Keep going, you can beat this thing.

B x

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I am so happy to hear this great news! I have been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Hugs!

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I'm not really sure why I'm posting this, I was very superstitious before about letting so many people that dislike me know that I'm fighting for my life. Pretty silly, I know... this isn't for them anyway, though I wish them all well in their own personal lives. I just feel like it this time, I guess.

Also, I appreciate the place of kindness it comes from but please spare me the miracle cures and chemo kills stuff, I trust science. Cancer is a bitch of a disease and it mutates so rapidly (depending on the type) that it eventually outpaces medical ability to treat. That's changing thanks to science and with a massive amount of luck I will survive long enough for my disease to become manageable versus terminal.

I'm 42 and diagnosed in Feb 2016, I went through the big bad ass chemo combo as well as chest radiation, preventative brain radiation and the cancer was defeated however, lung cancer and especially the type I have (Small Cell Lung Carcinoma) is super aggressive and floats around through your blood stream making it highly probable for a come back.

Last week I was given the bad news that I have new growth in my right lung and a fairly large tumor in my abdomen. I'm shattered to be honest, I really was trying to believe that I would be one of the very few to have this type of cancer, not come back ever. The fact that it's also in a secondary location now also means my disease has progressed to the next stage. With small cell they don't do stage I-IV, there's limited stage (which I was) and extended stage (which I am now).

Tomorrow I will have a brain MRI to make sure there's no spots there and Tuesday I will have a needle biopsy for the abdominal tumor as they weren't able to get a good sample from my original tumor. This will help identify the gene expression of my cancer and will allow my medical team to tailor my chemo regimen as well as identify what types if any immunotherapies I'm a candidate for.

These tests will also determine my eligibility for a trial combo of an oral chemo (which hopefully won't take my hair again), this is a phase three trial (science geeks will get it) that has shown promise to become a first line treatment with SCLC due to it's ability to damage/destroy the cancer cells ability to repair it's DNA. Of course, this depends on my insurance approving the treatment as well. I'm now on free healthcare due to my inability to work.

Now for the PSA part... Quit smoking! Life is short, live well. 99% of our grievances in life are petty and you feel like a dumbass when you're suddenly faced with the endgame. Regret can make you choke, several times a day... everyday. Miracles happen. Positive thinking is good for you. Science is good, support it. God is good too. So I would appreciate any prayers and positive thinking. Hug the people you love and tell them you love them. The thought of leaving my son, my mom, brother and dad is unbearable, ultimately if this gets me, I get to be at peace... they will have to live with the pain.

Dear Kali74 first off i wish you the best in anyway possible.

But i came here for a reason... i know there is no obsolete cure for this terrible and utterly disguting decease and i will in fact do many prayer for you, but as a fellow ATS Nut i have to alteast try to bring some comfort within the mayority of prayers here, recently i have came in contact with a man who treats people with various deceases and illneses he treats them with the Garcinia mangostana A.K.A Mangosten this wonderfruit as it is called in Azia and that they use this simpel fruit for medical purposes, now obviously i am no doctor but i can tell you from personal expierence that is does in fact heal to certain extent, i am not trying to give any false hope i am just trying to make aware that it might or might not help against any pains or any other problems you might have so you can at least make the best out of it, Please read up any information you can find of the Garcinia mangostana loads of people have good recentions and good revieuws about it so who knows... I believe miracle's can happen and if you do they might actually come true.

With kind regards Whynot

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Whynotman

Thank you for thinking of me and reaching out. There's a lot of great info in this thread to look over if medical treatments ever fail. Thank you for adding to it.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hey Kali, great news to hear your treatments are working! Although we don't agree on anything (political) I truly admire your strong voice on the climate change debate. Every time I create a Fragile Earth thread, I'm looking forward to your posts in support, cuz, here at ATS, there seems to be less and less of us these days. So, stay strong and keep up the good fight!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Kali74, my sincerest hopes for your recovery and health.

This is a new account for me, my old one was just 'pfishy'. And though my user name may not stand out to you, we had a few discussions in the past about various topics via reply threads. I don't believe that we always saw eye-to-eye, but differences certainly do not equal malice or even indifference in my world. I hope you are doing well, as this thread is a few months old now. Best wishes.
edit on 24-2-2017 by pfishylives because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Kali I'm not sure how I missed your update. This is such amazing news!!!! Woohoo!!!! I will continue to send you positive thoughts and healing prayers!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Thanks AB. The treatment really isn't brutal and good news...

I had a CT scan today and there is shrinkage. The treatment is working!

I missed this update too, this is good news.

I figured I would also tell you that there are other methods to achieve shrinkage besides chemo. As a guy I know these things.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Boston Harbor might still be cold enough to do the trick.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Great news Kali....stay strong!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishylives

I remember you , thank you

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks Martin and matafuchs!

posted on Feb, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM