It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Lung Cancer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh Kali I'm so glad to hear this good news! I hope you will have the best possible result ever. Keep you hair too! Keeping your hair is always a plus!

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Prayers your way I'm starting to worry about the same thing myself and I'm only 29 but I wake up hacking up brown phlegm and in the past two months has become a daily activity every few hours or so. I've smoked a pack and a half since I was 16 along with marijuana everyday I cough so hard now it activates my gag reflex. I'm terrified too see a doctor my life is going so horrible right now, I won't be able to deal, cope, or fight it if that's the case . Your post has inspired me fight the good fight and I'm finally going to get getting a vaporizer on my next paycheck, all because of your post.

Thank you for your this, it has been in the back of my mind for weeks now now I'm more determined then ever to finally quit smoking. I quit marijuana just recently because I was coughing so hard I was gagging and or throwing up. I know I should see a doctor the earlier you catch it the better so I'm going to have to man up and do that as well. It's crazy how you felt like it wasn't much to share or that people wouldnt "really" care it only takes a small message at a certain moment to push someone to really do what they have been trying to for years, thank you so much. Again I pray you get through this stay strong and you will beat it no problem. I've read quite a few of your post you got mad heart and a hell of a fighting spirit I truly believe you will beat this, much love.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyK22

I'm glad you got the message, now get to your doctor. Let us know how it goes

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Not humans yet. They weren't specific on what type of gene editing they would be doing.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'll make an appointment tommorow it's just so hard right now we all said goodbye to my aunt who has had lung cancer and been terminal for years. Yet when her children flew down with their children she sprung up and on enough morphine to kill an elephant. She got through it, an hour before my uncle was sobbing saying he was ready to put a pillow over her face and kill her she was suffering so bad. Anyhow she is the best I have seen her in years and I love her to death she's a native Indian grew up on a reserve and has so much insight, heart, and love for everyone. "Jan from the turtle clan" not sure why she loves me so much but I can never visit without continuous deep hugs and talks of her people and history. I'm only 2% Cherokee Indian but have always been obsessed with Indian spirituality and how they can connect so easily with nature in a symbiotic appreciative relationship, something we should of learned before we nearly made them extinct.

edit on 19-12-2016 by CrazyK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about this Kali. Keep your head up.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Said a prayer for you my friend. I pray my Lord Jesus gives you and your family the strength, peace, hope, and protection that you will require in this time.

God bless you all.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if our views differ. I still wish you the best, and hope you can recover from this. Live life day to day as if it was the last day of your life. You never know what life will throw your way. Truly, my best wishes to you and my prayers.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have no doubts you will fight it and win like the super woman you are. f### cancer

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that if - God forbid - your hair does fall out, AM and DBC are going to shave their heads in solidarity. So, even if it doesn't, just say that it did. Zazz will hold them down, I'll bring the clippers.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I have it on good authority that if - God forbid - your hair does fall out, AM and DBC are going to shave their heads in solidarity. So, even if it doesn't, just say that it did. Zazz will hold them down, I'll bring the clippers.

Clint Howard has more hair then DBC.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Don't you personally but maybe you wil get better in time if you have the chance with new meds on the way.

Stay strong, get some fresh air and enjoy what you can while you can.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I would shave my back since it is long and luxurious.

ETA: Although I would be willing to shear TrueBrit's flowing tresses if others offered to hold him down.

edit on 20-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Dear Kali, I don't recall that we discuss or clash in discussions that much . Most of the time I'm not such a hardliner ,but it always scares the heck out of me reading about members that I see often discuss topics here on ATS having a disease like cancer.

You start wonder that it also can happen to me ,or already has not even knowing it.

Many times I read scientific news how great scientist are doing in treating cancer, but I always seem to lose people who I love in my surrounding life,but let's see it the bright way that those articles only give hope on recovery.

Now putting the negativity aside ,as strong and curious debater in many topics here on ats I can only suspect that you will give us a happy ending and that you will recover this and tell us all about it in another I overcame this s#itty disease thread.

Be strong out there ,and try to find some peace and time with your family .

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Stay strong. Have faith in the doctors and never, ever give up.

Not religious, so won't pray for you in the conventional sense, but know that my thoughts are with you.

You WILL get through this.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not sure what to say. Lost my father 4 years ago to Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer. Was out trimming hedges with him in April and by August he was in the ground. Take note in the fact that even though you have an aggressive cancer it is treatable. Thank the maker for that.

I've always enjoy reading your posts and the battles you fight. If you have even an ounce of the tenacity you have in your posts I think you will whip this thing and keep those hands on the horns of it just fine. At the risk of sounding all new-agey and stuff (or sounding like Donald Southerland in Kellys Heroes), I will keep the positive waves flowing your way. Keep your thoughts positive and know that the harder it is to be positive is the time to be the most positive.

Looking forward to many new posts by you...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

That is wonderful, Kali--I'd been scouring through the pages waiting to find this update with my hope in my heart for you (and, of course, for the rest of your family and friends).

I'm really glad that you shared with the ATS family--I know that you and I tend to butt heads 99.9% of the time, but let this be a good reminder that our online personas don't always equate to who we truly are and how big our hearts can be. I'm truly saddened to hear this new (about the second bout with cancer), but remain positive for your upcoming fight with it. You don't seem like someone who will just give up, and I truly believe that having a positive mental approach to beating it is more than half of the battle.

Since survivor stories are the best medicine, just know that my grandpa beat cancer back in the early 1990s--he had smoked almost his whole life, decided one day to just up and quit cold-turkey, and went in to get his lungs checked. They found the cancer (unsure which specific type) early enough to where they could go in and remove it via an operation that left him cancer-free, but with a gnarly scar that I made him show me every time I visited him. He has since passed between now and then, but it was not cancer-related (hence the past-tense discussion of him).

I truly believe that you can fight and beat this, and for every person who has commented on your thread with positive thoughts, prayers, and love, you can be assured that there are twice as many out there who are silent with their support, but are pulling for you nonetheless.

Whenever you are feeling down, or defeated, or just angry, feel free to let us know. Many of us are good at listening and just talking, or even being the target of your anger if that's what you need in order to feel a little better. Don't hesitate to "thread it out" on here, or even to shoot PMs to me (or I'm sure many others on here) if you just need to scream about life via your keyboard.

I look forward to the multiple positive updates that you will share with us as time goes on. Kick it's ass!

SM

edit on 20-12-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Good news is good news.

CRISPR is groundbreaking stuff. The "next gen" cancer treatment. I think the field is poised to explode with high powered treatment options. In many "cure" is still not the word. But "managed until natural expiration" may be achievable in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So glad to hear the good news about the scan!

Sending more positive thoughts your way!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
While I'm mostly a lurker these days, I've gotten pretty used to seeing certain members names on a regular basis. Yours is one of them. Let's keep it that way.
I can only imagine what you're going through right now, but know that you're in my thoughts. Sending you lots of warmth and love.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join